• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

December 2013 Surgeries

As it's nearly December thought I'd start a thread for those having surgery in December. I'm due to have a gastric sleeve at Kings college, London on 4th December.
With a week to go hoping that the operation does not get cancelled for a second time. Milk diet is going ok. Last working day is Friday and will pack hospital bag etc during the weekend.

How you doin Hun?

I had my christmas dinner last weekend before I started the milk diet ;) lol. I was shocked to find out from my dietitian that people have cancelled their ops before christmas and gone back on the waiting list purely so they can have their christmas celebrations. I just think it is so wrong. If they really wanted it, christmas should pale in insignificance, right? x

Too true. However I'm at triple appt on 19th dec n if they ask me to do 5% weight .oss then and do a milk diet, cos its not right in front of surgery and to get to c the surgeon, I will ask to start mine Boxing Day. If it was pre op, I'd swim to the moon n not care :)

I was so appalled I said to the dietitian to tell to them rethink whether this is right for them. She agreed with me but the surgeons must be alright with it! It happens every year apparently. I'm not fussed as it's helped me out. It got me in before christmas with all their cancelled appointments. lol x

My friend had hers Xmas eve last year :)

Hi guys

I had my band this morning and I feel fantastic! Very comfortable day. Got the dreaded shoulder pain but it comes and goes. I've been walking around, doing mild exercise. Drinking lots of fluids. I've got strawberry milkshake for breakfast which I'm really looking forward to as I not eaten since Saturday but that has resulted in no nausea which is great.

Anyway, that's my news, so those with surgery coming up, it's not too bad at all. X

glad all went well dont forget rest not to over do things and congrats

Muizenberg - so ... At last ... Today's the day! I'll keep everything crossed that I see you on the losers' bench later on. Hugs. Hope it goes well, and let us know you are ok when you can xxx

And as for people having WLS on the NHS cancelling because they want to 'enjoy' Christmas ... Makes my blood boil. For starters ... my best friend's experience of a six year wait for an op eight years ago. The amount of effort put in by people on here just to get funding and lose specified % body weight before even getting on the list. Those of us (like Muizenberg)who put heart and soul in the LSD only to be cancelled at the last minute ... And self-funders like me who were a heart attack waiting to happen, and have therefore scrimped and paid in order to have life changing surgery as we don't tick enough boxes to even start negotiations, or live in the wrong postcode. Who are these ungrateful people who don't seem to realise how lucky they are to be given the opportunity. No, not right. I rarely get the huff on here, but this takes the biscuit as far as I'm concerned. Rant over. Happy Wednesday everyone - especially you Muizenberg xxx

good luck for today Muizenberg hope all goes well

Congratulations Chappers! And good luck Muizenberg!

Kirsty

I've got a date! SO EXCITED, and yes - it was a christmas cancellation.

Op on the 21st Dec.

Yes - My Christmas planning has all been smooshed up into next week now - hopefully it will all be in hand before I go in.

Got my pre-op on Tues (what actually is that?) and then I shall know more.

Back