• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Delicious-Jax..A diary of waiting for life to start again :)

I have decided to start a better eating plan from tomorrow, in preparation for a lifelong change. No point in waiting till op date, I need to make some small changes now, knowing that whatever I take off is staying off.

I know I can lose a 1lb a week in an effort to start to make those very important changes , I need to train my brain now, in readiness for after my operation . I'm fully aware the sleeve wont do it for me but, is my helping hand and guiding light ! Plus , they say, that the appetite is reduced with this procedure. Can't wait !

Well, it's only the second day of my 'brain training' exercise....bought a packet of biscuits yesterday, convinced myself I would only have 4 of them a day....didn't even open the packet, chucked them in the sink, poured boiling water over them and they were gone, I just knew late last night that I would have had the whole packet.:wave_cry:

So, am on leave today and tomorrow, just want to make a huge effort of eating regular meals and taking some time out just to relax...not going anywhere or doing anything at all.

Got a letter from hospital this morning...was all excited but, it's an appointment for Orthapeadics for my poor old knee and hip....self inflicted by being over-weight for so long. Ho hum.

Im in the same place as you Jax!
I keep trying to scale my food right down and have banned bread from the house, this has helped hubby lose 12lb to !
Im scared, excited, and everything inbetween.
Its hard to get your head into the right place to deal with all this but very important, keep plodding hun im right with you :)

Won't be long before the letter you REALLY want lands on your doorstep, hun. Well done for making the effort to cut back now ... it will help you in the end xx :):)

A little disappointed today. Received a letter from St.Thomas' saying I have an appointment on 23 December. Doesn't say what the appointment is for, doesn't state if I have my funding ,etc....so , though very pleased to have an appointment, there is a part of me that was hoping I would get a pre-assessment appointment within the 6 weeks the registrar had spoken about.

I will ring them next week and ask if I can be informed of any other chances of an earlier appointment.It appears to look like just a normal clinic type appointment letter...maybe that's just what it is....soooo confused by it !

I was really hopeful of having op before Christmas:(

I sound really ungrateful and I don't mean to be...it just seems a bit vague. No mention of pre-op or anything?

Any suggestions as to what I can do to get a clearer picture of whats going on???

Last edited:
Ring the secretary and ask what the appointment is for.Maz x

Yes, was thinking the same Maz....she can be a bit tetchy but, this is a life changing opportunity that I am getting involved in and I just don't want any mistakes made. x

Haven't been here for quite a while but, had no news to share !
But, I have now...I have my next appointment, which is the one to see the Dietician, Nurse and Registrar.....appointment is for Feb 10th 2012, so not too long to wait.

Feel relieved as thought I may have to wait a lot longer and was losing hope.
So am very happy at the news of this appointment...its a step closer to getting my life back.

Good luck hope it wont be to long a wait from the appointment to the op x

Hi, I've only just noted your thread. I'm on Mr Botha's list for a by-pass (also Lewisham PCT) and I don't want to be a dream popper but I've been on the waiting list for just over a year (Nov 9th 2010) they are speeding things up a bit with extra theatre time being allocated, so fingers crossed you will have a shorter wait than me x Don't lose heart.

Sent via telephonic magic!

Hi Dinda
Glad you are nearing your Op date. I am so confused by that blasted appointment I had back in August ! The registrar I saw told me a complete fairy story, it now seems !!!
I asked for a Bypass and she said Mr. Botha doesn't perform Bypasses ! She also told me I would only wait 10 weeks....it seems not !
I have had to learn to be patient and if I wait a year, so be it...nothing I can do ! I know some people on here have waited up to 3 years, so anything less is a bonus.

Hi Jax,
My op was cancelled in Dec because of an emergency Mr Botha had, he offered me a sleeve instead because it was quicker and he could fit in in the amout of time he had available but I opted to wait a bit! He 100% does by-passes. He will discuss your options/his suggestion with you when you meet him, he did say sleeves were getting good results and had the bonus of no malabsorption issues.
My appointments at the lipid clinic (at Guys) were before seeing him at St Thomas', it did feel like forever getting to this point - but don't lose heart, it happens eventually!

good luck un x

Back