• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Delicious-Jax..A diary of waiting for life to start again :)

Just want to wish everyone a slimmer New Year and , more importantly. a healthier New Year.

My next appointment is on Feb 10th...counting down the days !
Have, shamefully, put on a whole stone in weight and feel so down and frightened by my ever increasing weight. New Year tomorrow, just hope I can be refreshed in my determination to lose some weight before I have the next appointment.
Anyway....HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!! XX

Am struggling with my weight, big time. I just seem to be in a rutt and am quite miserable...which ends up with me eating rubbish. Just want to have this Op...am getting the feeling I have another year to wait and I really cant wait that long....I want to enjoy life and get out there. My finances wont run to £10,000 of surgery......why cant I just lose weight like other people?
Sorry to sound so negative but, putting on weight has made me quite depressed.

Am struggling with my weight, big time. I just seem to be in a rutt and am quite miserable...which ends up with me eating rubbish. Just want to have this Op...am getting the feeling I have another year to wait and I really cant wait that long....I want to enjoy life and get out there. My finances wont run to £10,000 of surgery......why cant I just lose weight like other people?
Sorry to sound so negative but, putting on weight has made me quite depressed.

ive also put another stone on over the xmas/NY period.....and someone that has never suffered with depression...since starting/deciding this is the journey for me....i am now feeling low, depressed etc

fingers crossed that feb comes around quickly for you xxx

Ahhhh, thanks MissyMustDoIt.....just get so angry at myself. why wont I set my mind to losing weight ??
Let's hope we both get our positive mind-set back ! x

Just an update.
My M.D.T appointment is getting close, Feb10th.
Am really keen to get on and attend this but, today I had a Cardiology appointment as I had seen my GP about some niggly chest pains...nothing dramatic but, when you weigh 20st, you don't want to ignore that.

Anyway, I am being booked in for a Stress Test on my heart and am praying that all comes back fine. The consultant I saw today said that my obesity surgery wouldn't be able to go ahead without it and it was highly likely that Mr.Botha (bariatric surgeon) would ask for one if he is to offer me surgery.
So , no bad thing to have this done but, am wondering if I were to be diagnosed with Angina (hope not) then , will Baraitric surgery still be offered? Anyone know?

Can anyone enlighten me as to what happens at a Triple appointment...I'm becoming anxious and excited, fearful, etc !
Read on someone's post that they were asked to go on the Milk diet at the triple appointment , ready for surgery 2 weeks later. I do not expect to be that lucky after only waiting 5 months but, would appreciate anyone sharing their experience at this type of appointment and how much longer they waited after this, for surgery?

Click on the 'search' icon and type in TRIPLE APPOINTMENT and it should bring u all the posts, Andy at L&D is in there recently xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi there Just read your post's and I wanted to wish you all the best. Hope all goes well at your next appointment
Aud x

I am Luton and Dunstable. My first appointment was 23 December 2011, 2nd 20th of January. I had a load of tests blood and the likes. I have been put on the milk diet for a month in an effort to lose 5%, its going well so far. I have the third appointment come through today for the 20th of February.

The appointment earlier in January saw nurse, dietitian and pysch.

Good luck

Today I started the Milk diet for 2 weeks, have put myself on it as I need to feel as if I am moving forward.

I saw a dietician a year or so ago, before I even considered Bariatric surgery and she said I should try the milk diet for a month...as I had already tried Cambridge,etc....but, felt faint sometimes and she said I would do better with the milk instead.
So, want to test my inner strength and start to lose some weight before surgery.
Have multi-vitamins ,sugar free jellies and Marigold Boullion (sp?)

Good luck hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks, decided I will have a low carb meal and 2 pints milk a day...think I stand a higher chance of success !
So far, so good today.

Well, milk and I didn't get on too well, so now have a huge amount of Lactose free milk...so back to that tomorrow morning.

Went and got my Sleep Apnoea testing kit today, just a small gixxmo that is strapped to my hand and finger, will return it on Monday to St.Thomas'.

Things moving forward bit by bit.

Back