• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fuffs Fun Frolics on WLS journey

Fuffs, my heart goes out to you. This is a very emotional journey and it can really suck the life out of you sometimes. I had a hard enough time waiting the short time I did. I just wish I could give you a huge hug. I'll pray you get answers soon... And that you stay strong til your time comes!

That's a beautiful gift and right up my street Caren. Thank you so much. And sorry for whinging.

Bright blessings to you my friend xxx
hey honey, thats what we're here for mwah :) xxx

Stick with it hunni , it is emotional , but as others say , has to be worth it in the end xx

Newmelani said:
Fuffs, my heart goes out to you. This is a very emotional journey and it can really suck the life out of you sometimes. I had a hard enough time waiting the short time I did. I just wish I could give you a huge hug. I'll pray you get answers soon... And that you stay strong til your time comes!

Thank you very much xxx So sweet of you. Thank you for your prayers :) xxx

Caren said:
hey honey, thats what we're here for mwah :) xxx

And I feel blessed for that:) Mwah back at ya xxx

pandora said:
Stick with it hunni , it is emotional , but as others say , has to be worth it in the end xx

I really hope so :) xxx

I am really trying to be patient. Wanted to know as I am self employed and making event plans for my company. So I called and now I feel down :(

Dec 2009 I was referred. It's just been one mess up after another :( now having only one bypass surgeon has slowed things down.

Really hope your journey continues smoother than mine Heather :)

I plan to be there tomorrow :)

hun, ive seen other people be referred to other hospitals....can you not call and say you would be happy to have surgery at another hospital if that helps them out at all...play it so your doing them a favour?

personally, SSPCT authorise surgery at 3/4 different hospitals, ill be advising the same as above when my time comes xx

MissyMustDoIt said:
hun, ive seen other people be referred to other hospitals....can you not call and say you would be happy to have surgery at another hospital if that helps them out at all...play it so your doing them a favour?

personally, SSPCT authorise surgery at 3/4 different hospitals, ill be advising the same as above when my time comes xx

Sounds like a plan to me. I will find out who I would speak to about sorting that. Going to support group tonight. So I will ask around :)

Sounds like a plan to me. I will find out who I would speak to about sorting that. Going to support group tonight. So I will ask around :)

a friend of mine had her RNY 4 years ago...she was intially booked for the heartlands...they asked if she would consider another hospital..and she said yes...
they only sent her to the private hospital in aston!! she said it was like going on holiday lol xx

MissyMustDoIt said:
a friend of mine had her RNY 4 years ago...she was intially booked for the heartlands...they asked if she would consider another hospital..and she said yes...
they only sent her to the private hospital in aston!! she said it was like going on holiday lol xx

That sounds right up my street!!! That must have been Spires I think. Well impressed with that upgrade! Lol

Edit:

I should have said Little Aston lol

Ryan was telling me the same happened with some he knows too :)

Last edited:
Hi hun,
just wanted to say that I know exactly how you feel - even though I have my date it just feels so far off and I have been having second thoughts about bypass as well. We have just got to hang in there one day at a time.

Yve

PS you are out of PM space so was not able to PM you!

Hi Yve

That's the problem. Sometimes all the waiting gives time for the voice of doubt to creep on with some people. It can be such a stressful journey :(

I deleted some out the day the site emailed me :) xxxx

And for people who havent seen my thread 'Finally complained....' I am copying it here :)

Fuffs said:
..... And I am shaking with upset, nerves and anger!!

I was told yesterday that my op would probably be June. This was speaking to the bariatrics coordinator. I was upset, but figured I kinda have to just accept it.

Well, at support group tonight I discovered that people behind me have their date already. The lovely lady I was speaking to saw her surgeon over a month after me and has her op date for Feb. The day she got her funding, they phoned her and offered one of their extra dates. I am so happy for her, but fuming for myself.

My funding was agreed 21st December, so by rights I should have been offered one of these extra dates!!!

So I took advice off patients and people who have worked for the NHS at the group and complained to PALS at the hospital. I have written a long email that states the terrible journey the hospital have put me through, tells them I have emails to prove it all, tells them I know others behind me are having their op before me and tells them the impact this is having on me.

I also told them I want this resolved ASAP, or I am going to take this further.

I told them if they want all the emails, they can have them.

I have never complained to them before. But this was the straw that broke the camels back!

I even sent them a link to their own 18 week pathway to bariatric surgery:
http://www.weightmanagementservices.co.uk/?page_id=75

I really hope that finally they listen to me. They can't keep overlooking me :(

Sorry to come out of my diary and rant lol

Xxx

The original is in the general weight loss surgery discussion section xxx

That's horrendous Sophie , I hope you get some results from pals & soon too xx

Thank you Pandora xxx

After complaining I did wonder if I had a right to. If it was just a hissy fit.

But after:

A) remembering their own 18 week pathway to surgery.

2) it running through my mind that this lady got funding last week and is having her op next month.

My determination kicked back in!

Then everyone's emails and talking to my friend who is a sleever, settles my mind that I did the right thing. I can't just keep taking it lying down :(

Thanks for all the support you give me Pandora xxx

No worries hunni , we are all here for each other & at different times we need differing amounts of support xx

pandora said:
No worries hunni , we are all here for each other & at different times we need differing amounts of support xx

I totally agree :) Every word of support adds up to an invaluable scaffolding of support. I couldn't be without it now :) xxx

Don't want my diary to turn into a moan fest. BUT I feel stressed!!!!

So absolutely fed up of the pressure of the last few months. The fights with the hospital, life's stresses and needing to have lost or maintained for every wm appt has drained me.

By no means saying I have it worse than anyone else. I just want to scream and cry. Trying to shift my couple of pounds Xmas weight gain for weight management Tuesday. The added pressure in top of stress is straining me to the limit :(

I need to relax, but finding it close to impossible lol

Don't want my diary to turn into a moan fest. BUT I feel stressed!!!!

So absolutely fed up of the pressure of the last few months. The fights with the hospital, life's stresses and needing to have lost or maintained for every wm appt has drained me.

By no means saying I have it worse than anyone else. I just want to scream and cry. Trying to shift my couple of pounds Xmas weight gain for weight management Tuesday. The added pressure in top of stress is straining me to the limit :(

I need to relax, but finding it close to impossible lol
oh honey i wish i could come over and do some reiki on you, you would benefit so much xxx

Caren said:
oh honey i wish i could come over and do some reiki on you, you would benefit so much xxx

You are so right and thank you Caren xxx I may go to the spiritual centre I attend tomorrow and have a mini holistic therapy treatment. May relax me a little bit. I need to get rid if this churning anger. So many people have it a lot worse than me.

I need to snap out of this and back into positivity :)

Thank you for your friendship chick xxx

Back