• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fuffs Fun Frolics on WLS journey

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
I have flirted with the idea of writing a diary on here many times and then decided that if anyone read it, they may be so bored by it, they fall asleep, bash their head off their laptop and sue me for not warning them it may cause drowsiness.

So, against my better judgement, here my diary is. Here is the legal warning:

'This forum users Brummie tones may come through in her writing and send you to sleep rapidly. No, you do not have narcolepsy. Fuffs is simply doing what she does best. Talking nonsense. She holds no responsibility for what may happen next if you continue to read'

:8855:

I shouldn't find myself funny. That is a sign of a very bad comedian lol

Well, I am 29. I will be 30 end of next month :sigh:
Promised myself years ago I would be slim by this point. I have had to fight a massive disappointment in myself for not fulfilling my own promise to myself.

I wont go into the ins and outs of my WLS journey too much here, as it is well documented on the forums.

I will just say it has been a fight and I am now waiting to see if I get funding:confused:

While I am waiting, I will just chill, be positive and keep talking a lot lol

I want to be at a 5 stone weight loss by my birthday 25th November. Wish me luck! lol

If anyone feels like oing me in my diary, commenting, crying, screaming....anything....feel free :D

Last edited:
:)Hiya Fuffs.
I feel like I know you well already.....
& like what I know:)

hiya fuffs,,, neverrrrrrrrrr think we would be bored . this site is here to share our worries our plans. the good and the bad points. i was going for band but after seeing all the topics on here i went for bypass. this journey is a long hard slog and without this site or the storys people share on here many people wouldnt make it to the end. this site is fantastic. please share your story and im sure you will not bore anyone.I LOVE THE BEFORE AND AFTER PICS AS I CAN SEE THERE IS HOPE AT END OF THE TUNNEL. good luck and i look forward in reading your diary xx

wow you have done really well in your weight loss already and you are not boring i find your journey interesting and you are supportive to others when the time comes my self included. so all i can say is good luck and keep posting.
also its not so bad being 30 you can feel 20 with 10more years experianse. ha ha x x x

:)Hiya Fuffs.
I feel like I know you well already.....
& like what I know:)

Thank you very much. That is a lovely thing to say :)

hiya fuffs,,, neverrrrrrrrrr think we would be bored . this site is here to share our worries our plans. the good and the bad points. i was going for band but after seeing all the topics on here i went for bypass. this journey is a long hard slog and without this site or the storys people share on here many people wouldnt make it to the end. this site is fantastic. please share your story and im sure you will not bore anyone.I LOVE THE BEFORE AND AFTER PICS AS I CAN SEE THERE IS HOPE AT END OF THE TUNNEL. good luck and i look forward in reading your diary xx

Thank you :) I was going to have the band first too. Then when I changed my mind, all went wrong lol

I love the before and after pics too. Amazing!! How are you doing now?

Ok, my story :S

I had my first appointment in March 2010. I lost the weight they asked me to and more by my July appt. The doctor (a different one) then said because I was successfully using Exante (meal replacement) that I should wait a bit for my op. So I agreed, thinking he knows best.

2 weeks later on refeed week, by gallstones went more then mad and ened up in hospital for the night. I then emailed the doctor (as he said I could) and said I needed to have a new appt soon and now wanted the bypass instead of the band. He sent me a reply and copied his secretary into it saying to get me an appt in clinic asap.

That appt never came.

This year I begged to have some support and was referred to community weight management. I started April 12th at o.5lb under 27st:eek: I had never been so destroyed in my life. The dietician was great and helped me to use my anger with myself to work at losing weight.

At my next WM appt, I met the doctor and he told me the criteria had now changed and I was no longer heavy enough to get funding.

I was very angry as I had lost nearly two stone in 5 or 6 weeks at this point (I think lol)

So, he said he would send me for a sleep test. I had that in July and do not have sleep apnea, which is great, but not great for getting funding lol

In the meantime, I corresponded with SBPCT and was told the criteria had not changed and I would be approved. The hospital still stuck to it had changed and it has been a battle eversince. I sent them the emails from my pct. Next thing I got a letter to say I had MDT approval. Then an appt came trhough to see a surgeon.

I saw the surgeon Thursday just gone. He said I am an ideal candidate for a bypass and will apply for funding.

I was recently told that SBPCT follow NICE guidelines, but because I am under a hospital thta comes under BENPCT, my own pct would follow the criteria of BENPCT:cry::mad::confused:

The surgeon told me he is going to apply directly to SBPCT and see where that gets us first. So fingers crossed!!

That is a edited version of it all. Hope no one is snoring too loudly lol

It is nice to share. It is quite therapeutic :) Thank you for listening :) xxx

wow you have done really well in your weight loss already and you are not boring i find your journey interesting and you are supportive to others when the time comes my self included. so all i can say is good luck and keep posting.
also its not so bad being 30 you can feel 20 with 10more years experianse. ha ha x x x

Thank you very much. That is lovely to say. Made me have a big smile :D

Love the idea of feeling 20 with 10 more years experience. That also has made me :D.

Thank you for the support :)

Fuffs you could never be boring. All that you have gone through and still come out fighting is an inspiration to me and others and I for one wish you all the luck in the world.

Thank you so much Magsy. Statements like that genuinely make me feel like even if I do not get my funding, the journey has been worthwhile. I think I have shown myself that I have a lot more grit, determination and stubborness that I ever thought I had lol. I guess I have to thank my strong mom for nature and nurture lol

And good luck with your op in one week!!!!

So, I have myself on my own strict eating regime at the moment as my weight has been doing my head in.

Today I was a pound up since friday! Grrrrr!!

I am hoping that because today is my TOTM start, it is due to that and I will have a sudden loss in weight soon.

I am glad I am staying at my partners this week. Keeps my mind off wondering too much about how long it will take to hear if I have my funding (dont want to think about or not lol)

All the homemade veg soup I am consuming is making my belly growl like bigfoot today. That wants to stop ASAP, because I am not liking it lol

Today, I heard back from PALS at my PCT. The lady there has been helping me for months now lol.

She contacted the commissioners who choose the criteria and they said though SBPCT was due to change it's criteria this month, it has not happened and will remain following Nice Guidelines until then.

She said that as my surgeon is apPlying directly to them, they will make a decision based on their criteria.

This has made me breathe a big sigh of relief for now, because it means there still is hope.

Thanks for all the support everyone :)

Well, I phone the MDT bariatric coordinator yesterday and she told me she had only applied for my funding that morning.

So, things are a little more delayed than I thought they would be.

I shall try to be patient lol

I am continuing to be on a diet, as I find it better to focus on that, than on the outcome from the PCT.

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Agh sorry to hear that.. I also am mo nearer knowing my dTe.. Got another appointment on the 22nd..

It seems to feel dragged out lol. Always waiting!

My next appointment is 21st Nov.

I am 22st 2 now. So 2.5lb to have lost 5st. I better slow down soon lol

Got a letter yesterday that was what my surgeon sent to my GP. The support from the surgeon is amazing. I am very happy about that :)

It seems to feel dragged out lol. Always waiting!

My next appointment is 21st Nov.

I am 22st 2 now. So 2.5lb to have lost 5st. I better slow down soon lol

Got a letter yesterday that was what my surgeon sent to my GP. The support from the surgeon is amazing. I am very happy about that :)
wow!!! very impressive! :) xxx

Caren said:
wow!!! very impressive! :) xxx

Thanks Caren :D Starting to worry more will shoot me in the foot though, as my BMI is dropping. Don't want them to have it as an excuse. Think my BMI is around 40 now and started just over 48 x

Just switched from iPhone app to phone Internet and my BMI IS 39.8!! pretty impressed, but worried lol

Thanks Caren :D Starting to worry more will shoot me in the foot though, as my BMI is dropping. Don't want them to have it as an excuse. Think my BMI is around 40 now and started just over 48 x
hmmm a lot of pct's criteria is a bmi of 40+ so i see where you're coming from. hard one that!

My bariatric physician said it goes on my referral BMI and losing weight will help the op. At the funding application I was BMI 42. So fingers crossed! I may phone the bariatric coordinator and ask her advice though lol

My bariatric physician said it goes on my referral BMI and losing weight will help the op. At the funding application I was BMI 42. So fingers crossed! I may phone the bariatric coordinator and ask her advice though lol
yeah they probably use the one u had when u was refered, but best to check lol good luck :) xxx

This was one of my concerns when I was asked to lose weight when I was referred to the weight management team. They said it was seen as a sign of commitment on my part & would only be helpful. They definitely take the weight you were referred at to decide if you should get the op, so carry on losing, Fuffs, it will be better for you when you do get the op. Not so for Caren though cos you have not got a referral yet sweet, so keep on with the cake muchin, babe xxx :D

Back