• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having a wobble

Hi Bun sweetheart :) firstly sending hugs your way...... hopw youv'e had a good weekend and have not given yourself too much of a hard time....... just remember were all here for the same reason. I said to my dietician just last week if only someone had told me what to eat and how much to move i wouldn't have needed surgery LOL for a lot of us its alien ............... dont you just wished they taught these sort of things at school!!! just remember your on the road now, your team will be waiting to help you, they will give you all the advise as to what to eat etc have you tried to count your calories ? there are so many apps which you can download where you can log your food intake (i use my fitbit) its a great way to keep yourself on track. There are loads of threads on here where people list their intake..... even some pre op just like you....... take a nose see if you can get some hints and tips which may help you. x x x x hugs x x x

I tried the myfit thingI get obsessed over numbers!! Will keep trying!! Gonna weigh myself today :-((

Thankyou! Think I'm gonna start a food diary as I am eating so mindlessly it stupid!

Thankyou you too x days been pants! Will start it tommorrow :-/ x

Thanks Hun just feel like I'm out of control when it comes to eating! And now more than ever I'm confused on what to eat what not to eat ect! X Thankyou xxx

Are you having or has anyone suggested Cognitive Behaviour Therapy? It's worked for a lot of people on here I believe.

Apologies if you already are or know about it.

I can (and do!) still eat crisps with my band, but there is no chance of binge-eating, I'd be sick. I never really did anyway, it was constant hunger that was my problem.

Good luck, and I hope it all works out for you.

the food diary sounds like an idea someone else has one on here under chit chat i think not sure

the food diary sounds like an idea someone else has one on here under chit chat i think not sure

Yes Los in it has her intake diary on here ......... its called 'after giving myself a proper telling off' she lists her daily intake including the good and the bad................ she says it helps to see it written down and keeps her on track. Like you She is in the system waiting. Take a peek :)

i check for it everyday just to see how shes doing seems to work for her

Yes just had a look will give it ago though will be embarrassed by how much I eat!!! If I did today's it was crap!!!!! If it's 2lb to every kg I have whacked on 10lbs in about a week or too :-( it's totally the wrong way!

we are all here for the same reason no need to be embarrassed by the amounts you eat we have all been there at some point and there are probably many who still are and if you do decide to follow the route of writing it all down and people can see what you have they might be better placed to advise on what you need to change and you will never be judged by anyone on here

It's true buns were all in the same boat and pre op we were all in the same position. Don't stress about it make small changes now in prep for the op x x

Yes just had a look will give it ago though will be embarrassed by how much I eat!!! If I did today's it was crap!!!!! If it's 2lb to every kg I have whacked on 10lbs in about a week or too :-( it's totally the wrong way!

Never feel embarrassed hun, were all here for same reason........ and we all have to start somewhere, for me writing it down made me realise how much crap i really ate .... it was like finally admitting it to myself!!!
The weight gain is sooooooo easy hunni back in November (while i was on the waiting list) i had to move into temporary accommodation for 2 weeks and just by letting my eating habits slip i managed to gain 1 1/2 stone just in 2 weeks!!!! just shows how easy it is to do when you take your eye of the ball. Fortunately The fear of my op date coming around was enough to get me back on the straight and narrow and i managed to shift the extra on my pre op diet lol
Anyway sweets if you decide to give the diary a go we'll all be here to support you x x x

Thanks Hun x it's pants today I had a fry up for breakfast 2 magnums 4 kinder eggs 4 egg mayo sandwiches with crisps and to top it all off a mc ds! :-( such a great example of how not to eat x

Back