• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having a wobble

bunster you seem to know where your going wrong have you considered using a side plate to have smaller portions maybe this would help i know lots of us did so we could be preppared

Hiya yes I will try that today has been all over the place xx

We'll here we go in tom op sat hope it all goes forward it's that time of doubt have I done enough to my liver. Deb

Hi all :) Gl flash hunni its come around quick ...... Bun and Cupid i can totally understand where you are and i guess so can most of us on here lol for me the hardest part was once i was in the system...... its kind of like your head rebels against the thought of losing weight........ its just like giving up smoking, those little demons will do their darnedest to hamper ever effort we try and make, and somehow seems to send us into free fall. One wonders if its like a grieving process for what we are going to miss out on post op!!! It has to be mind over matter and that's no easy task, if it were smoking or drinking there would be all sorts of support/help out there. From experience it takes one day at a time, the first few days are the hardest, but it becomes easier :)

Please please don't be hard on yourselves, your are in the best place for support, the hospital are there to help you with this too. Once your hospital appointment begin, you will start to feel more able to cope with the changes you need to make this journey, i promise. x x x x

Thanks ever so much and yes every bit of what you have said is true. I gave up smoking 8 yrs ago because my hubby needed surgery and had to give up before it. I think I should have been able to deal with this in the same way but it's different never been that good at doing for me. That said with the support that I'm getting from every one here I'm sure I can :) xx

OH trust me you can :) if i can anyone can. I am amazed at how well i feel and how everything is falling into place for me not just weight wise, but it seems to have been the key. This process has helped with the physical obviously but has helped emotionally too................ i feel in control now and that is stating to rub off on all aspects of my life and it will for you too :)

I defo feel in a better frame of mind today and I surprised at that because I woke up with sciatica again and knew I couldn't exercise but yes I'm starting to feel possitive even so. A few more weeks feeling like this and maybe I will lose the other 8lb needed before I can gett to see the surgeon and he can tell me if he will go ahead with surgery. Thank you ever so much everyone it means a lot to me. :) xxx

Ok so today I wish I hadn't got up. Started day well waking up to my 8mnth old grandson chattering away had my bran flakes and post was delivered.
At my last appointment with bariatric nurse she told me I couldn't see surgeon until I lost my 7kg so put me back by 3 months to give me chance to lose it.
Hard enough when my thyroid still playing up but I thought yes I can do this. Apart from 1 bad day since the 3rd of this month I thought I was on track to completing it early so very pleased with myself.
Letter that came was from. Hospital as was stamped on envelope so opened it in a flurry getting excited about my next appointment ( around the 3rd of June) and felt like someone had just given me a slap...14 of July a full 6wks later so spent most of the afternoon feeling really annoyed that I didn't get thyroids caught up with meds coz I was too busy burying my mother to care abt myself then went to my room and cried for what seems like forever. Fed up to the max.com :(

Oh sweetie xxxx sending you massive hugs xxx your doing amazing!!!! Xxxx you can do this xxx

so sorry cupid but it will fly by can you believe it is almost april only seems 5 minutes and it was xmas keep up the great work and it will be here before you know iit

awww bless you Cupid hunni please don't let this little set back upset your apple cart hunni and put you back another 3 months....... I know another 6 weeks seems like forever but it really isn't and don't be fooled into the trap of thinking oh well 'i can have something to cheer me up' once this happens its so easy to fall of the wl wagon and how soon a stone can be back on in no time. I believe things happen for a reason, try and be positive that this is going to happen, and now you have the time to deffo lose the weight you need to, to ensure your surgery goes ahead :) Tonight wallow if you must, but tomorrow you must put it behind you and move forward. Don't look back either hun, what happened, happened when we are suffering a death in the family everything goes out the window, no regrets. Am sorry to hear of you loss of your mum, just look back with a smile and happiness, She would be so proud of you now :) and your 8 moth old Grandson, this is not just for you hun, its for hum too!!! Your can and will do this, i here every step of the way :) Sending a huge hug, thanks for posting this, it would be so easy to be upset by yourself and revert backwards, but want you to remember we are here, ready and ailling to support you thru :) Get some slepp you will feel much better by morning x x x x x

Back