• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How'd I get to here....Bypass story update

yeah i got told i have cuddly legs and she loves my long boobies!!!!!

Holy hell of all words you can cope with using to describe ur boobs.......LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats before the weight loss lol x x x

Sorry Lisa, but that made me LOL.

Long boobies... hahaha

yeah I made the mistake of laughing about it with a couple of the mums at school and it tickled a few of them too, its a good job I love the little bugger!!!!

I had a little boy who is 10 months now and my little girl who`s 5 too keeps asking when my belly is going to go down - cheeky little sod lol ( she`s fab though!!! )

Just a quick update, I'm home, safe and sore.

Everything went well but i think I'm confused with all the feelings going on and when to recognise hunger, wind, full, sick!!!

I'm sure once the wind has gone it will be a little easier and I don't really have any ideas on what to eat in the liquidised stage so i seem to be having the same all the time.

Sorry, whinge over, I'll give you a full detail of the op etc when i'm feeling more myself, just wanted to let people know I'm out the other side and thanks for all ur well wishes x x x

Glad you're ok hun, and hope to see you at the meet up if you're fit to come:D:D

Lovely to see you back Lisa, take it easy. At the moment just try and concentrate on getting the liquids in as much as possible, and in a couple of days start thinking about protein as you need that to heal.

A long time coming, but just to update this thread.

went into spire hospital on Sat 24th January and got there for 10.30, shown straight to my room where i got changed and me and hubby just sat and chatted. People nipped in and out doing their checks and asking questions etc but I didn't go down to theatre till about 2.30pm. By this time I told hubby not to wait, I was worried about him driving later at night when he didn't know the area (not without me as co-pilot anyway). I mean if i was gonna be all woozy anyway there was no point in him staying.

I got walked down to theatre by a fab nurse that even helped me pilfer a remote control from one of the other rooms (we made hubby run back with the stolen goods and hide them in the knicker drawer)

Chatting away in the prep room, had quite a laugh really. For some reason I was eerily calm and felt in the best hands. Once they finally got the needles in me, they were about to put the mask on me when I pulled it off and said " I've never said this before and really really meant it but, I hope you all have a fantastic day at work"!!!!

Can't really remember what time I came round but i was in and out all night, woke up every time they came in to do the obs.

By mid-morning I was up and about and sat in the chair at the side of my bed cos i found it more comfy. That was once I'd harassed the nurses saying are you sure i still need this? referring to the remaining equipment i was tagged to cos it just didn't feel necessary cos i felt ok.

Once all the apparatus was off me, i was pretty much ready for home.

Couldn't believe I was walking out to the car within 26 hours of having the op. A bit sore and full of wind but ok.

First few days were hard mainly cos of the wind but also, my voice had gone and i sound very much like marge simpson and here I am today 2 weeks on, I'm knackered, a bit tentative, still sound like marge simpson but I'm OK.

Been told today I may have suffered vocal paralysis from the anaesthetic so need to keep my gob shut and keep an eye on it.

Thanks for everyones well wishes on the run up to the op, it felt amazing to have the back-up and I was desperately trying to take everything in so if i could help support someone in half the way that the people on here have for me then I'd be chuffed.

Sorry its all a bit vague, but i left it too long to update and it all seems so long ago now x x x

hey lisa you will remember it, its such a major tunring point, and there are plenty of differences between ops that everyone will chip in when someone asks questions.

glad your doing so well, your only 2 weeks behind me, just take it easy and rest as much as possible, then potter around when you feel able to thats what i have done

I will thanks, I think I sometimes forget what we've had done and do too much and then u knacker urself out and have to start from scratch again. Its hard to take it easy on the times you actually feel ok, don't u think x x x

yup sure is hence i went to brent cross shopping centre by bus today, end result totally shattered for the rest of the day, been resting in the sofa on and off since 1pm... still shattered and wondering how the hell i am going to recover enough to get back to work on the 18th

yeh i'm now due back on 16th feb, but thats half term and i'm off the friday off my first week back and the mon of the 2nd week so i have a couple of short weeks to ease me in gently x x x

I'm on my vitamins now and I do feel a bit more human than I have been doing. I'm back at work on Monday and I'm working till 8pm!!! Don't think I've got past that time without my PJ's on for weeks!!

I'm gonna weigh myself tomorrow, been doing it weekly so far. I lost 6lb in week one and 5lb in week two, so I' expectiong 4lb tomorrow lol

It felt like it was coming off in first two weeks but feels like its slowed down a bit now, I thinks thats cos i was aware of how little I was eating for first couple of weeks but now eating these small amounts feels normal almost...so you never know, fingers crossed and I'll update tomorrow x x x

I am back at work wednesday and thurs night, then got my 4 off followed by 4 days going to be interesting to see how my uniform fits when i try it on... hmmm wonder if my blouses i ordered are at work, can take months sometimes to get them

Well here's to the start of a new us, I think its weird, like going back to work is the final piece.

My 2 obstacles is going back to work and first time me and hubby go out for a meal, once I've got past those two things, I can really feel like this is the new me......for good x x x

Weighed yesterday, I lost 8lb the week before surgery on the pre-op diet and 14lbs in the three weeks since surgery. Reckon once I go back to work things will speed up a bit cos i've not been doing much whilst I've been off and have a very busy job.

Not that i'm disappointed with the weight loss, I think I'd be a bit scared if it came off any faster x x x

well done on the weight loss lisa and yes i know what you mean about things speeding up when your back at work, i have done very little at home since the op, out today, my sister arrives about 2pm so by the time i meet her and my niece at the station get them to their hotel and we go out its going to be a long day.

Not sure how i am going to cope as i can't even seem to eat breakfast this morning without seelingas if i am going to throw up, and yet i know what i had was extremely small amount and has not upset me in the past. On top of that it was late and i should have lunch around the time i get to the station, oh well will make that a protien shake.

I am tempted to take them for Dim Sum tonight, but not sure how i will cope LOL i am sure there will be something i can eat. I know they wont go for sushi :-(

I'm beginning to notice a sushi obsession!!! lol

I only wish my cravings were as healthy x x x I actually had a slice of toast this morning with low fat heese spread on it, it took me a while to eat it and it was wholemeal bread but wow, it went down really well and i chewed like a cement mixer but felt fine afterwards. I know I probably shouldn't be having toast yet but on my hospital details it says bread is ok on soft stage and I've not had too many problems tolerating anything yet. Hardest thing is getting out of the habit of having a brew with each meal x x x

Hiya Bee,

Congrats on getting ur date through, yeah I had keyhole surgery with Mr Ammori at manchester Spire hospital. I know I'm only a couple of weeks in but seeing the weight come off even on a slow week is amazing. As a hardened yo-yo dieter its great to know that the weight i'm losing isn't gonna come back!!! I've lost weight before but never had that knowledge before x x x

Awww I'm sooooooooo excited!!! Started my pre-op low fat diet today, and took my before pictures last night, which are pretty rough, but hopefully the during and after photos will be much better!!! Thanks for getting back to me!! xx

Back