• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Insert Witty and Imaginative Title Here

Poor you Sarah - luckily I've not had that post-op. movical seems to be the best remedy from what i've read though. hope it improves soon . Love your humour!

Hi Sarah, lost this thread but now I'm back! Op went well, had about 4,mugs of tea yesterday, then bloated like a beached whale, obv too much tea. Had a crappy nights sleep, normally sleep on stomached so trying to lie on back all night was not good, ended up in chair at 4am. Still bloated this morning day 2 post op, is this the norm? Am contemplating a Cambridge diet shake for break key, not eaten since op and wee wee is looking a bit dark so need to drink more, seems a viscous circle at the mo, hope your feeling a bit better than me lol :)

I envy you Carrie, honestly! I was convinced my incisions were going to pop open under the strain and I'd end up in a&e (not that I'm melodramatic or anything, you understand).

Bring on the movicol!:)

Hi Sarah, lost this thread but now I'm back! Op went well, had about 4,mugs of tea yesterday, then bloated like a beached whale, obv too much tea. Had a crappy nights sleep, normally sleep on stomached so trying to lie on back all night was not good, ended up in chair at 4am. Still bloated this morning day 2 post op, is this the norm? Am contemplating a Cambridge diet shake for break key, not eaten since op and wee wee is looking a bit dark so need to drink more, seems a viscous circle at the mo, hope your feeling a bit better than me lol :)

Hello honey, glad it all went ok!
I wasn't really bloated, just gasping for a drink and was scared to drink too much at once. I still don't feel hungry and have to make myself drink the shakes. The first shake took me hours to get through, but it's not so bad now thankfully!

I know what you mean about sleeping on your back, I was lucky and could sleep on my right the night I came home. My port is toward the left, so it's a little bit sore to sleep on the left.

I hope you're feeling much better soon x

I envy you Carrie, honestly! I was convinced my incisions were going to pop open under the strain and I'd end up in a&e (not that I'm melodramatic or anything, you understand).

Bring on the movicol!:)

I had exactly the same when I was on liquids....it does get better I promise, however my number 2s have still not completely returned to normal! The more water u drink the easier they come out, I too had an awful experience in the beginning..had to do that bizarre thing men do and take something to read when I went that first week! Lol. Good luck x

OK, I spoke too soon about my lack of pain. Apologies if this is TMI!

Yesterday I attempted to poo for the first time since my op. I can only assume a bored nurse was playing with a Rubik's cube which somehow ended up inside me during the op. No way does slimfast and soup have so many pointy corners.
After straining for hours I ended up giving far more manual assistance than I EVER want to have to give my bottom, and I spent the afternoon walking like John Wayne and trying not to sit down.

I have been drinking as much as I physically can, and my pee is nice and pale, so I'm not sure why things ended up the way they did. I have still got quite a lot of pain from my bum, and some ominous stomach-churny noises which suggest I may have to go again today - not looking forward to that.

This morning I'll be heading to a chemist for a giant pack of movicol.

Didn't mention this anywhere in THG's glossy brochure...

Hi,
Just reading your post an I would defiantly recommend asking your GP for movicol. I am 4 months out and the first 2 months I spent in agony I ended up with an anal fissure (tear) from straining and been too dry (tmi i know sorry) and believe me it's not pleasant. It has taken 2 months to fully heal with constant trips back and forth to the doc for various creams etc. also with regards to the burping I couldn't burp for 2 months and still can't really but I make a constant noise like a growl whenever Im eating and drinking. It's not loud enough for other tables to hear in restraints but anyone sat around me can hear it. It has put me in some difficult situations when having to eat with people who don't know while I'm at work as I just can't control it.

Thankyou Janey and Tezza! I have bought a massive box of movicol sachets. I've spoken to a mate who is a gp, and he's recommended a sachet or two every day until I'm eating a reasonable amount of solid food. Sadly that won't be enough to sort out my current issues, so to start things moving I'm going to spend tomorrow sipping 8 sachets in a litre of water.

After yesterday's trauma I seem to have injured my back, so I'm back on the paracetamol suspension. One bit of good news though, took my dressings off today. Between the glue and the bruising everything looks a right mess, but hopefully it will continue to heal and the waistband of my trousers won't irritate anything too much.

I can't believe how quickly I'm back to normal. I still don't have much appetite, but I'm forcing myself to eat regularly. I'm having slimfast for breakfast, then homemade soup for lunch and dinner - yummy! Between the milk and yogurt weeks and the slimfast, I've had enough of sweet stuff so the soups are a welcome change.

I am a little concerned that I have drunk stuff far too quickly without thinking, yet have had no ill-effects from doing so. Rationally I know I don't have my first fill until September 11th, but I still find it a little disconcerting that I didn't even feel a bit bloated!

Yesterday I managed to put on a pound - that takes some doing on a liquid diet! I have lost 2stone 5lbs in total, 2 stone 2lbs pre-op and 3lbs in the 8 days since. I am worried that, losing so little on liquids, the instant I move onto mushies next week I'll gain shedloads of weight, but I'll just have to see how it goes.

I am walking for a minimum of an hour a day, but I miss my swimming. Can't wait to get back to the pool!

It all sounds a bit negative today, but it's not meant to. To be feeling this good so soon after the operation just seems phenomenal to me!

Well done Sarah, you have lost loads hun.

I could never sit down and eat the same sized meal now that i was eating pre-op and i dont have any fill, still feels quite restricted though, im sure you wont put on weight.
I have eaten some weetabix and scrambled egg today, yummy! It was nice to actually chew something. I dont have a date for my fill yet prob middle of September when i come home from holidays.
Keep up the good work, your doing brilliant!
Karen x

Thanks Karen! It's hard to gauge on liquids, I can't wait to eat even the mushiest of mushy foods. Things are most bizarre when I'm craving mash and cottage cheese lol! x

First week of mushies is almost done and it's been very bizarre. I can't get used to such small portions - I'm cooking what feels like tiny portions, then only eating half and taking the leftovers to work for lunch the following day.

Today for lunch I had three medium boiled potatoes, mashed, with a small tin of mince in gravy (recommended as my first attempt to reintroduce meat to my diet). After eating for 20 minutes I was only about a third of the way through it. It took me ages to chew the mince - I'm really glad I followed the advice given rather than frying my own mince with oxo!

It was lovely, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I can't quite get my head round the fact that over 3 hours later I'm not hungry at all. I really hope that continues when I move onto solids in a week:)

I'm delighted with my scars, they're healing nicely and other than the port incision they are tiny. In a few months I think I'll struggle to find a couple of them - thankyou Mr Halstead!

I've got my dietician phone call next Sunday, then my first fill on the 11th, and it all feels very exciting. The weight is slow to move, but at least I'm not gaining anything, which I thought I would this week.
In work this week I was going up some steps when I felt my trousers start to slip. Luckily I realised in time and hoiked them back up to save my embarrassment, but I was oddly delighted with that! Sadly I've not found any replacements today (damn you Evans and your awful cheap fabrics, damn you), so I've bought a belt instead.

I can't begin to say how glad I am that I took the plunge and had the op.

I weigh myself every day (can't seem to break the habit), but only record my weight on Sunday. I was convinced I would gain weight this week, so I was stunned when the scales read 21.12.8 this morning. Not only have I lost a few pounds over the week, but I'm under 22stone - yippee!!!!

I've set myself a goal to be under 20stone by christmas. It's achievable losing a pound or two a week, and would be the best christmas present I could possibly give myself.

I'M SO DAMN EXCITED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!:D:bliss:

Well done on your loss, we were banded around the same time and I always read your posts and compare lolLike you I am so glad I finally took the plunge and had surgery, a new me is waiting to escape this fat body !

That's great news sarahrob! As you are a few weeks ahead of me I will be following your progress with interest!
Have you been including any exercise yet? x

Thankyou! I can't go back to the pool yet, and swimming is my main exercise due to my size. I am walking every day, I don't walk fast but I try to keep myself moving.Today I walked my dad's greyhounds round the park for an hour. It wasn't fast because they're the laziest dogs in the world, but I figure any movement has to be better than sitting on my bum watching telly!

My mother now tells me `for god sake buy new trousers` ha ha
Nope not until im 2 sizes smaller! My ass is on show most of the day now not by choice i may add. Bought a new bikini to go on holiday bargain £4 for the top & bottoms from BHS and it fits perfect! I measured myself from week 1 and pleased to say even when the weight has stayed the same ive lost inches :O)
Your doing fab hun.... keep at it!
Ill check in when i get back from hols, fly out tomorrow xx

I've given in and have ordered two pairs of trousers for work - I just couldn't carry on with the ones I'm wearing, even after putting a huge hem on them and wearing a belt!

Enjoy your hols hun, I hope you have a fab time:) Congrats on the bikini! I'm so jealous, my holidays this year were spent on my surgery... x

When i get a job holidays will be precious................ :p
Until then im enjoying being a student nurse, and off to yr 2 i go in sept. Only 1 more yr of taking long summer holidays then i will have to work ha ha
Well i do work now, i have 3 kids and full time @ UNI but thats not really a job is it lol xx

Back