• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Insert Witty and Imaginative Title Here

Sunday weigh in, and things are very odd indeed. Yesterday I weighed 21.9.8, yet this morning... 21.6.4.
Over 3lbs in one day? That's not right! Jumped off the scales then back on, once again 21.6.4.

What the deuce?

That means that this week I've lost about 6.5lbs, taking my weight loss to a couple of ounces over 3 stone. A few more ounces and I'll be under 300lbs. I'd like to be more excited, but I can't believe it and some part of me is convinced it's an issue with the scales. Still, I have a call booked with the dietician this morning and it's great to be able to tell her "oh yes, I've lost three stone"!

Brilliant loss hun. Well done you :) :party0011:. I'm off to buy some clothes today as I have no tops that fit anymore whooooo hoo

Brilliant loss hun. Well done you :) :party0011:. I'm off to buy some clothes today as I have no tops that fit anymore whooooo hoo

I went an bought new clothes for work yesterday, 5 new tops one for each day an 2 new trousers (I got sick of everyone saying go get some clothes that fit, I was still wearing the same ones as I did at 7 stone heavier just folded over a few times at the top) everything I had was too big or too small so I thought. This morning I thought I'd try the stuff on that I thought was too small an it all fits, just wish I'd of done that before I went, I just thought they wouldn't be a chance it would. So that's another trip back to the shops to take it back. No point keeping it as I won't get my wear out of it all.

Hehehe its great fun :)

I have a few tops that fit from when I had cancer, but no trousers. It's very odd - did I stop wearing trousers at that time? Surely someone would have mentioned it?

I'm looking forward to shopping for my Christmas outfits:)

I have a few tops that fit from when I had cancer, but no trousers. It's very odd - did I stop wearing trousers at that time? Surely someone would have mentioned it?

I'm looking forward to shopping for my Christmas outfits:)

Haha, I'm sure they would of mentioned it a half naked lady! Oh yes I'm looking forward to Christmas outfits, something a bit sparkly I think maybe this year!

Thankyou:)

There is a part of me that thinks I will get on the scales tomorrow to find I've gained a stone!

I know, our minds are playing tricks on us. When I recently stalled, I kept thinking that I was never going to lose any more weight... Silly really if you think rationally, but yes, I know what you mean.

I had my first (and hopefully last) ever panic attack last night. I still had glue on one incision, and as I sat on the loo last night it fell off. Sadly it took with it a knot and a small length of the dissolvable stitches.
Somewhere in my subconscious I think I must have thought all my stitches were coming out, my incision would open and a length of intestine was going to fall out. It was too quick to register, but as I saw the bit of stitch come out I felt light-headed and nauseous, didn't know if I was going to pass out or throw up.

It took about ten minutes for the dizziness to ease, but the ringing in my ears went on for about twenty minutes. Thankfully I was concentrating on deep breathing in an attempt to stop myself throwing up so that if I passed out at least I wouldn't end up lying in a pool of vomit, and I think that stopped me hyperventilating.

It makes me laugh now that I overreacted so badly, but I was terrified last night! Once again, something that doesn't feature in THG's glossy brochure (I checked):)

Hope you are feeling ok this morning - I still get a bit queasy when i look at my scars and think of the rummaging around that happened to fit my band! Well done on the loss this week - that's fab!

Justine x

Thanks hun! To be honest I normally have quite a high tolerance for the gory and the grisly, but that proved too much for me. Thankfully all fine now - another bit of stitch fell out last night and I barely turned a hair!

Hope things are going well for you x

What a weird week... Stressed doesn't even begin to cover it after my family started world war 3. Ordinarily I would have crammed so much food in I wouldn't be able to feel anything over the nausea. Happily, this time I didn't.

Between Monday and Thursday I managed to gain a little every day, a total of 2lbs for no apparent reason. Thankfully over the weekend I've lost that 2lbs and another 3lbs besides, taking me into the 200s. Yippee!!!! Most of my weight loss seems to happen at the weekend, all very odd.
Maybe it's as I've always suspected - work doesn't agree with me and I'd be much better off if I retired immediately:)

I go to see the dietician and then have my first fill on Wednesday. Fingers crossed they can find the port, damned if I can!

Well done on getting into the 200's Sarah its a great feeling isn't it :)... Fantastic work :D x

Thankyou! It is such a good feeling - last time I was under 300lbs I was 21 years old! I did a little happy dance this morning:) x

First fill, port found with no issues at all, now have 4ml in the band. Nurse and dietician were delighted with progress so far, though I did get told off by the dietician for counting calories (I did explain that I was counting but not controlling them).
I have my next fill and dietician appointment booked for October, and a load of info to read tonight:)

First fill, port found with no issues at all, now have 4ml in the band. Nurse and dietician were delighted with progress so far, though I did get told off by the dietician for counting calories (I did explain that I was counting but not controlling them).
I have my next fill and dietician appointment booked for October, and a load of info to read tonight:)

Aw that's fantastic news, well done u. Glad it all went well for u x ;)

Back