• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've joined the losers club

Hi All

Thought I would start my diary so I can look back on my journey.
Had my band fitted at Dolan Park on 2nd February. Apart from some pain over the port and that awful wind which still hasn't gone, I'm doing well. I'm on liquids at the moment and it's great not thinking about food and not planning what I'm having to eat, although I am looking forward to having fish pie on Sunday when I start sloppy meals.

Have been enjoying reading all your stories and look forward to joining everyone on the weight loss journey. Exciting times ahead I hope xxxx:jelous:

congrats on starting your diary sparkly :) will will find it very therapeutic as well as a great place to document stuff which comes up and of course your losses. glad your feeling well already hoping to be doing as well in another week :) look forward to reading more x x

Hi Crystalrainbow, good to hear from you. How are you feeling?
Whats your diary called and I will follow you xx

Hi Crystalrainbow, good to hear from you. How are you feeling?
Whats your diary called and I will follow you xx
not doing too bad sue :) wind pain the worse, now just cold and battling the baggy pants lol sound s like your doing well done, i wont be far behind you. my diary is crystal diary lol come join the fun x x x

welcome to banded life :)

not doing too bad sue :) wind pain the worse, now just cold and battling the baggy pants lol sound s like your doing well done, i wont be far behind you. my diary is crystal diary lol come join the fun x x x
I will have a nosey then. Hope this wind goes soon, isn't it an awful pain. I'm still taking Deflatine and gripe water, but thought it might have gone by now xx

Thanks Donna44

Just drinking some peppermint tea now actually, it's awful like polos dissolved in hot water. My stomach is rumbling like thunder today.

Just had a pot of low fat custard, it is absolutely yummy, just makes a change to the yoghurts. I've just roasted some carrots, parsnips and boiled some potatoes, will mix with stock and blend for my soup today. So bored of the same old so should be a different taste.

Just put a roast parsnip in my mouth, had a lovely chew then spat it in the bin as I'm still on liquids. It was lovely just to feel the texture in my mouth.

If anyone has a nice soup idea please will you post it on here, I'm desperate for flavour!!!

Well I won't be going far this afternoon as it's not stopped raining yet today.Think a well deserved rest is needed. Chat soon xxx

Thanks Donna44

Just drinking some peppermint tea now actually, it's awful like polos dissolved in hot water. My stomach is rumbling like thunder today.

Just had a pot of low fat custard, it is absolutely yummy, just makes a change to the yoghurts. I've just roasted some carrots, parsnips and boiled some potatoes, will mix with stock and blend for my soup today. So bored of the same old so should be a different taste.

Just put a roast parsnip in my mouth, had a lovely chew then spat it in the bin as I'm still on liquids. It was lovely just to feel the texture in my mouth.

If anyone has a nice soup idea please will you post it on here, I'm desperate for flavour!!!

Well I won't be going far this afternoon as it's not stopped raining yet today.Think a well deserved rest is needed. Chat soon xxx

Have a look on my diary for red pepper & butternut squash xx

oooooh roasted parsnip lol hubby is just torturing me with cheese on toast lol
I was drinking peppermint tea forst few days, but nurse said it would help release the gas but because of the restriction at top of tum it would have nowhere to go. Have to say since stopping my gas has eased!!!

MMMMM soup i've got a soup maker and yesterday got a butternut squash ready, not today tho, still not that organised here yet lol on another note just had last injection yayayayay!!!

Google soups Sue, type in the ingredients you've got handy and bingo a list of recipes pop up, how found several that way, remember to write em down mind lol + i found a soup diary a few years back that's been pretty helpful over the years :)
Have a wonderful rest x x x x

oooooh roasted parsnip lol hubby is just torturing me with cheese on toast lol
I was drinking peppermint tea forst few days, but nurse said it would help release the gas but because of the restriction at top of tum it would have nowhere to go. Have to say since stopping my gas has eased!!!

MMMMM soup i've got a soup maker and yesterday got a butternut squash ready, not today tho, still not that organised here yet lol on another note just had last injection yayayayay!!!

Google soups Sue, type in the ingredients you've got handy and bingo a list of recipes pop up, how found several that way, remember to write em down mind lol + i found a soup diary a few years back that's been pretty helpful over the years :)
Have a wonderful rest x x x x
I will do thanks xx

Well, just made my roasted parsnip, carrot and potato soup. It is soooo tasty, I even licked the bowl. x

I bought a soup maker too, they are really good when you are on the liquid stage, just throw everything in and a few mins later fresh, lump free soup, I've even got my kids eating it as they don't like vegetables!! Must admit sometimes you cant beat a tin of Heinz tomato soup!

Also bough a Ninja blender, its fab, throw in frozen fruit, a little milk and it makes ice cream in seconds, no sugar, no fat, its brill, check it out on you tube. My favourite so far is, frozen pineapple, two small fresh bananas instead of milk and frozen mango, lush!xx

I bought a soup maker too, they are really good when you are on the liquid stage, just throw everything in and a few mins later fresh, lump free soup, I've even got my kids eating it as they don't like vegetables!! Must admit sometimes you cant beat a tin of Heinz tomato soup!

Also bough a Ninja blender, its fab, throw in frozen fruit, a little milk and it makes ice cream in seconds, no sugar, no fat, its brill, check it out on you tube. My favourite so far is, frozen pineapple, two small fresh bananas instead of milk and frozen mango, lush!xx

Loooove my soup maker best purchase ever :D Have seen the ninja but not been tempted just yet but i did treat myself to a yonanna :D thats another goer if you like bananas. Buy all the black bananas in the supermarket, bung em in freezer and 5 mins before you fancy, throw in the yonanna frozen desert consistency of ice cream, no fat, no dairy taaadaaa add in any other kind of fruit to change the flavor. Hubby loves throwing in oreo biscuits :eek:

Hi everyone

Just thought I would check in today. Feeling very well indeed.

Had my first sloppy meal this evening, a small portion of shepherds pie, no lumps and some mash etc. Covered it in gravy and was delicious.

Went to the theatre earlier to watch Pinocchio with my lovely daughter now curled up on the sofa watching tv.

Looking forward to planning my meals for tomorrow. xx

It is like nectar isnt it. Having fish pie later then some homemade cottage pie.
My band is empty at the moment so although I'm having small portions as I do feel full quicker,everything seems to go down ok. I suppose that will change when I have a fill. It's strange as I don't actually feel any difference at the moment. Do other recent banders feel this way too?

Hi sue:) I was banded 28.1.14 and I feel quite normal really! I was in alot of pain at first and had little appetite but thats definitely improved!! Im almost back to normal foods just avoid bread items really now. Takin in about 1000 cals at mo. All advice from seeing dietician on tuesday.

On the subject of nice soups I love homemade carrot and coriander...1 onion garlic 8 carrots veg stock and a bunch of fresh coriamder whizzed into it after blending, its quite a sweet soup so satisfies well:)
Catherine x

Back