• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long Termers

Will it be open for everyone or will it be just for 1 year plus, or two year plus. Lots of things to consider.

If you have any ideas please pm me so that I can discuss what to do with the other moderators :D

Please make it open for everyone. If there are some problems that will appear only after 5 years after surgery, people who are thinking of the surgery deserve to know about those problems and consider them when making their decision. I know that the thread will be meant for the long termers, but the short termers have as much to gain by reading it.

I have been trawling the net for long term posters, I am still at the funding and research stage and feel 5-10 yrs on is more telling than the honeymoon stages. Obviously I can't contribute but I'd definitely read x

Iam nearly two years and wud love to read about those longer x
I might not always be on but that's down to other commitments but when I do log in I try and comment or help on whatever I can

As I said, if you have any suggestions please pm them to me. Yes I am a moderator but I'm also a person who has undergone WLS and give a lot of my own time to this forum. Very often there are no other moderators online.

I was trying to help. Suggestions for development are always welcome but made on a thread there is a danger they could get missed.

Pierce and Mini 'lead' the site and do so very well, with the help of the mods and the members. So Im not sure what you mean?

Anyway I'm bowing out of this one now.

Last edited:
There is in each of the wls sections a thread for post oppers that are 6+ months. It was decided to keep them in their own areas as people didn't want to trawl for advice through loads of other non related posts. Also once you get so far out the problem are more specific to your type of wls so it makes sense to keep them in each area.

As moderator and Admin we always welcome ideas and suggestions to move things forward, but these take time as they have to be discussed and as we all work full time have to be done in our spare time.

As Mazza said we ask fro pm's because things can and so often do get read out of context and can cause all sorts of upset. At the moment Mazza is the only one of us that can get on here everyday I am currently in my last year at uni and on teaching practice so am really busy with that. If you have any queries then please pm us or use the report button if it's needed as we get notification that you have sent us something.

Last edited:
I think a Long Termers section as outlined above would be fab- and please open to all, not divided by surgery type. although surgery type does matter there's so much more that cuts across all types-like living with loose skin, changing relationships, coping emotionally, learning to live your life when the buzz of weight loss has gone, coping with regain etc etc etc. I don't under stand the difference between a sticky and a section though, and don't think it matters so long as there is somewhere for us to all hang out. Oh, and if there is anyway to optimise a Google search for those to be able to find us who haven't found WLS.com yet !
xx

As moderator and Admin we always welcome ideas and suggestions to move things forward, but these take time as they have to be discussed and as we all work full time have to be done in our spare time.

As Mazza said we ask fro pm's because things can and so often do get read out of context and can cause all sorts of upset. At the moment Mazza is the only one of us that can get on here everyday I am currently in my last year at uni and on teaching practice so am really busy with that. If you have any queries then please pm us or use the report button if it's needed as we get notification that you have sent us something.

Can I just add to this that the only reason that I can be online every day is that sometimes I do so to the detriment of other things going on in my life.

I work full time, have a 10 year old daughter, 3 dogs, 3 cats and my OH to look after too! :mad:

Thanks for the interest in the thread but it seems that its just caused offence to the hard working moderators so will leave it there as it was not its intention. If a change comes that will be great but best for me to butt out now I think.

M

CCPM said:
Thanks for the interest in the thread but it seems that its just caused offence to the hard working moderators so will leave it there as it was not its intention. If a change comes that will be great but best for me to butt out now I think.

M

Don't butt out for too long CCPM,we need people like you to keep us well informed.

I went to an annual appointment yesterday - I'm 6 years out from starting pre op and then DS in two stages. My weight has stayed the same, down by a 1lb. Very pleased, I have low A and D but working on that with the Dr.

Anna

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I am going to my last appointment in Nov, after 2yrs. I love my weight loss down to a size 10, but i do worry about putting weight on. I can eat most foods in small amounts. I read about people who put on stones, and worry so, but read this site every day. xx

M

A change will not come without support, I have asked on a few of my posts for ideas to be PM'd to me. I have yet to recieve a message from anyone.

For members to keep commenting on this thread that people want a separate section isn't very productive and won't make it happen.

I did indeed feel offended as when I originaly posted on this thread I was doing so as a fellow patient - 3 1/2 years out. I would love some support too. It felt as if you were questioning how the site is run and directing that at me.

I will ask once again for any constructive ideas/suggestions/critisisms to be sent via pm to me or any of the other moderators and to not post them on here.

I was reading a us forum recently where there was a thread about why long termers leave and it was quite interesting. There are the ones who obviously have such a fantastic life they no longer need the support. There are those who regain and are too ashamed to ask for support. But equally there are those who give sound, clear advice and newbies just don't want to hear that cheating on the preop diet is bad, eating rubbish is bad - all the things Karlos moans about. And long termers get fed up of people being disrespectful of their experience and hard earned knowledge.

Hi would be able to help out . Will commit to trying to learn how to set things up on here on the techno side if possible. May I suggest a forum section for longtermers to discuss the specific issues of reaching targets, maintanance of weight loss, tips on what to do, exercise, cosmetic surgery, further surgery for weight loss, recipes, etc.
Guys how do we go about this. I feel a bit alone & floundering as I approach my year(feb). There is fantastic advice & support for our early stages but now it seems that many are 'leaving' the ite after 6 months or o out. Maybe this is just a natural gravitation away & we don't need as much support. I feel I am going into the future which is even more unknown to be honest.

CCPM said:

M

Please don't go anywhere,
This site needs long termers like yourself!

Bellydancer57 said:
Hi would be able to help out . Will commit to trying to learn how to set things up on here on the techno side if possible. May I suggest a forum section for longtermers to discuss the specific issues of reaching targets, maintanance of weight loss, tips on what to do, exercise, cosmetic surgery, further surgery for weight loss, recipes, etc.
Guys how do we go about this. I feel a bit alone & floundering as I approach my year(feb). There is fantastic advice & support for our early stages but now it seems that many are 'leaving' the ite after 6 months or o out. Maybe this is just a natural gravitation away & we don't need as much support. I feel I am going into the future which is even more unknown to be honest.

Good suggestions Bellydancer ,I think the future is a very big unknown for us all.Any information at whatever stage you are at would be greatly appreciated.It must be getting hard for you in particular as there are not as many people on the site over 1year out, then the hospital support and contact drops off as well,It can feel a little bit lonely and scary out there then.

Dont think you'll get any answers until these ideas are PMd to a moderator. Just saying....(They are FABULOUS ideas!)

Back