• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long Termers

Right, Im going to put my tuppence worth in now...

Yes! we NEED a long-termers section! Us newbies/pre-oppers need all the advice, your experiences etc so we can make an informed choice.
We need to know what the future holds.
We, in turn, would like to support our fellows, even if its a suggestion, or a virtual hug, or a kick up the bum - whatever is needed.
Please, can we stop all the "you're picking on me" twaddle, and actually implement some of the suggestions, which, are relevant and will only improve what is already an invaluable resource.

I will PM moderator.

Thank you to everyone who has sent messages and offered suggestions.

Can I suggest that for now you use the following sections of the forum for long term threads:

For general threads, this area was created in 2010

Six Months Post Op - WLSurgery.com - Weight Loss Surgery Support

There is also a six months plus post op section under the bypass, band and sleeve sections for more specific post op threads.

I will create a sticky and move and rename this thread under the general one. If these become well used then I will consult with the other mods and admin about maybe creating another section, if it is felt there is still a need.

I look forward to reading the threads! :D

I would just like to say that having 2 buscopan tablets on a morning has settled my tummy down thank goodness if thats what it takes thats what I will do for now anyway. We had a wls meeting today in darlington 10 people cam and they all enjoyed it, 3 of us were post oppers 2 bypass and 1 sleeve, 2 had balloons and the other were waiting, 1 gent is having his op on 13th, they really enjoyed finding out information that we could help with and the advice we could give from our first hand experience was well worth the meet. before we left the meeting which we just met in a coffee shop, someone asked if we could meet up again so we are meeting on the 1st dec so must be doing something right xx

Thats great Chrisa face to face meetings are the icing on the cake especially when you can actually see how people change and approach life post op and prepare pre-op. Different wls being there can only enrich and improve this. Well done you I wish I lived closer I'd be there in a flash, perhaps a road trip for the summer

M

What do you lobgtermers use when you have cold and flu symptoms and abad cough, do you buy sugar free stuff and what about ibuprofen??

I used paracetamol & when I had a bad cough some night nurse. I now never use Ibruprofen coz of it's effects on the stomach.

yeah i have stayed away from ibuprofen, hubby got me some robitussin s/f cough medicine, n s/f halls , been taking paracetamol. Just need to get back to normal . xx

Well all I am going to try Wed morning to have my flu jab and vit B12 wasn't well nuff last week but lot betta now. We have a weight loss meet on Sat so hopefully have agood turn out , hope everyone having agood week xx

i had my flu jab and B 12 last week so far so good no after effects yet!!!! Didn't have any last year but people do apparently. Am feeling more like my old self but cannot leep well at the moment x

LOL sorry sure its a spelling mistake but I have visions of you 'leeping' about the place & can't sit still. Shame u r not sleeping well. Hope you get it sorted.

My chest isn't feeling too good today am bit concerned incase I have a chest infection coming on. Thats all I need xx

Oh no poor u. Get it checked out before it takes hold. Mum being discharged tody yipppeee.

My chest feels bit looser todqay have coughed lot of gunk up this morning think its whats left off last time, just keepn on going but i look terrible white with black bags under my eyes. x

Well where have all our long termers gone. Just seen CCPM reply to some one bout plastic surgery but little else from some come on get your post on here keep checking, we asked for it we have to use it.

I've seen tesmarelda as well. They're around :)

Back