• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long Termers

i WOULD LIKE TO KNOW FROM ALL THE 2 YEARS PLUS people will I allways be cold or will that change? I am only ever warmed through when I have had a hot bath. Oh and when I have amomentary hot flush x

Why not post a new thread lovely with longtermers please reply.

Sorry ladies I have been away on my cruise and christmas intervened. Sadly I got a little dispirited again by how few people stick around and post and have increasingly felt out of place here. I thought perhaps it was best just to stop wittering on about what people don't seem to want and that essentially admin seem right in their thoughts that we don't need a long termers section as there is not enough interest. I just wish I could find somewhere to park myself where there was because I am very interested and think I always will be.

M

I think that you are someone who can inspire and others lovely. I understand why you feel out of place but many of is need someone to lead us - I was loving your a-z. Please don't get dispirited - we need you.

Here here! Still cold but cuddling up with my man & it does help LOL

Hi all have had afunny old day crampy pains but not too severe took my 2 buscopan those really help, had only had porridge sachet for breakfast, helped a lot. Still got odd niggle went to loo 2 x through day. Still bit bruised like feeling inside lower part of tummy / pubic area. I think iy may be down to bowel being stretched and just leave sit feeling sorelike not quite right. It wants to pack in cos I have to eat to keep myself going, cannot be doing with pain xx

i WOULD LIKE TO KNOW FROM ALL THE 2 YEARS PLUS people will I allways be cold or will that change? I am only ever warmed through when I have had a hot bath. Oh and when I have amomentary hot flush x

I am coming up for two years post op next month, and I still feel icy cold most of the time, so I am guessing it is something I am going to be stuck with. I bought myself some of those cheap hand warmers (from a 99p store) and when I am really cold I wear fingerless mits (indoors) and pop one of these in each mit and it is wonderful!

People at work are getting fed up with me constantly saying I am cold, so I try to keep quiet now and suffer in silence. Mind you I have also been diagnosed with Reynauds which makes your fingers sore so this may well be contributing to it all. Roll on the summer....

Im a long termer !! just thinking the same thing :D

WELL, 3 YEARS AND 4 MONTHS OUT !! BLIMEY ! THAT WENT QUICK !!
Thought i'd better give a quick update on here as its been soooo long.
Still feeling great but have to say i have weight gained :((((
i have put on 1 stone which i did about a year ago and it has stayed the same so at least its not going up and up and up i suppose lol.
Very disappointed in myself, i do eat just what ever i want now which i know i need to change, its so hard and has been on my mind for a long time.
I guess its the first step in the right direction by declaring it on here !! ;), things have got to change, im considering the 5 day pouch test ?? not sure if it works though ?

Im going to Florida this may :O ... so excited ! can not wait !!
Its a one off holiday of a life time and i think this is the perfect excuse to sort myself out weight wise haha !!

any tips help from long term post oppers would be greatfully received :DDDDD
Thanks
Dawn

I suppose I am a 'long-termer' now too? It will be 3 years this July for me - that has flown by!!! :eek:

I am still not at goal and stopped losing at 16 months post op and was and still am devastated about it.....BUT I am over 10 stone lighter so shouldn't complain I suppose, but I do :flamingmad:

I agree that there needs to be more support for the old timers and when that so called window of opportunity has closed, somewhere we can go and chat and help each other! I am a member of various other forums about WLS so feel lucky I have other support.

I just thought I would pop in here and say Hello!! :p

Me too Tiggerific, think most of us are on other places. Istill eat similar amounts bn things but crap at times in between the gud that's what does it for me. I have had no periods for almost 3 years now but still seem to get those monthly urges to eat it is finding a balance, we are much slimmer now but like you at the start dared to dream would be skinny but it is skinnier for us not twiglet status. Takes some coming to terms with. I am ok with it now some days it comes back and feel little disappointed but most of the time I am happy I did it. I am worried because mine has gone up a bit and I don't want it to go any higher. Plateauing right out now x

I had my bypass in May 2008 and lost 8 stones in the first 12 months and then seemed to stick at that weight. I maintained that weight loss until December 2011 when I had my first child. I didn't put any weight on during pregnancy and then since having my son, I put on 1.5 stones. I am now pregnant again with twins!!! I never did get down to my target weight of 11 stones and when the twins arrive, I am hoping to continue with my weight loss, but I still have about 8 stones to lose!!! I had no willpower before the bypass, and even less now because I was able to lose the first 8 stones without really trying and maintained for 3 years without trying and was able to eat naughty stuff!! My problem is that from soon after the bypass, I was able to eat high fat/sugar items without dumping and so my tastes haven't changed. I don't regret having the op as I would have never lost 8 stones or gotten pregnant.

Hi. Most of my weight went on post pregnancy. I put on over 4 stone with the 1st. 2 stone with the second & nearly 2 with the third but had my surgery when number 3 was only 4 months old as I was still gaining & couldn't bear the idea of putting on any more.
I put the gains down to stress & tiredness.

I am 4 years out know. I have got to the stage where I can eat crap and not dump. I am finding it harder know, I keep saying ( you are what you eat) over and over again. It dosnt. Work it's just will power. I will get back on track I would hate to go back in shapeless clothes again. I want to look in the mirrow and be slim. I need this site for a kick up the ass xx

I feel abandoned. I only have yearly blood tests, through GP for checking on vits etc. Does anyone else feel this way?
Oh, and ive got a Vitamin D deficiency...blah!

Hmmm the support seems to diminish pretty rapidly eh.... had my band feb last year.... monthly check ups for the first 6 months... then the 1st year check........ then nothing!! next appointment at 2 years ......which I was told is possibly a phone call!!! of course someone I hope will be there should I need help... BUT feel its all pretty lacking :( Is there no support groups near you hunni?? BOSPA??
A few of us here (in Cornwall) meet up just for coffee and chats....it makes it feel like your not completely alone.
Keep posting tho...buckets of support here eh :) x x x x

I guess I'm a 'Long Termer'? Surgery was four years ago last month.
I stopped using the forum about 6 months after my surgery, not because I felt like I no longer needed the support, but life just kind of got in the way of checking in.

Back now though!!

With regard to this post:
Hmmm the support seems to diminish pretty rapidly eh.... had my band feb last year.... monthly check ups for the first 6 months... then the 1st year check........ then nothing!! next appointment at 2 years ......which I was told is possibly a phone call!!! of course someone I hope will be there should I need help... BUT feel its all pretty lacking :( Is there no support groups near you hunni?? BOSPA??
A few of us here (in Cornwall) meet up just for coffee and chats....it makes it feel like your not completely alone.
Keep posting tho...buckets of support here eh :) x x x x

I'm surprised by this. I had my surgery at a different hospital to my weight management clinic (both NHS). I had a three month post-op appointment with my surgeon, then 6 monthly appointments with both my surgeon and consultant for the next couple of years. Surgeon discharged me from his hospital after two years, but with contact details for both himself and his dietitians should I need any support or feel I needed to be re-admitted. I still go to my consultant every six months for blood tests, to make sure all my supplements and medication are doing their job, and again, I can contact him or his team at any point if I need anything, especially as I've recently started to regain, they are a vital team for me.
CNa't imagine how hard it is without that there.

yeah its a daily struggle. I too am finding it hard going and will be 4 years post next month. I can eat some things without dumping but still get some dumping but nothing like the new days. I have regained some but am fighting to stabilise it I still work full time and have a granddaughter and a nother gran child on the way a m as busy as ever. I have found I do eat more and yet some days I want to graze crunchy things especially at work when in long shifts. I only do 3 shofts a week bit they are 730am-10pm which we opted for so that we only work 3 a week and 1 wek we work 4 in the month. Those long shifts are the grazing time. WE have cut right back on cra at home as my hubby had just been told he has type 2 diabetes so chocolate biscuits have stopped so that's good. But at work I pop to the shop and that's not always good I need to give myself a good talking to I know what needs to be done b ut doing it is a different matter. I eat too fast like in the days before bypass. Lots I can get on to to help myself its beimg aware of it at the time I forget and just go for it. I still have my meals on a tea plate its the extras in between that have increased my weight. I would advise any one just newly bypassed/sleeved to stick to your diet sheet and stay structured be rigid with your set meals if possible because that's when the fun and game and regain begin. We become clever. I know I can feel myself hiding some of my clothes with long cardigans just like I used to that's not good. I feel huge but its gone to my hardest area, thighs and bum, hate it and have been exercising when I can. I am 50 in DEcember and I seem to have expanded around my middle which I have always had a waist so I think that may be my middle aged spread as my menopause is well gone started that at 35-36. BLOODY NIGHTMARE AT MINUTE fighting with myself daily, hate what I see. I got down to a comfy 18 now am back to 20-22. I did start at 32-34 so have still managed a lot of weight loss but could be so much better. Sorry for that ladies but people need to know and understand its hard. I have not really said much ion the forum lately but look at it every day. I am still concerned about Alex as I have seen nothing about her for a while anyone know anything?

Back