• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Me and my battle with the bulge (Gastric Band)

really enjoyed your diary cant wait to read your next update

Great updates Tam and very informative for our pre-op friends x

ah tam u are brill! couldnt wait to get on this website to read your progress. hopefully i will get it as easy as you.. oh wow, cant wait till sunday to hear your weighin in information xx

Morning all,

Im sooooo desperate to jump on the scales, but im not going to as i need to learn to measure my sucess by the way i feel....and today i feel GREAT!

I think my tummy area is still swollen but its hard to tell really as its always been big. This is what you get for not being in tune with your body before the operation!

I really need a bowel movement, but there is more chance of me running the london marathon in 2 hours! Ive got to get some of that Movical today from boots. Its not causing me any major discomfort, but every day so far of my life ive had a #2 and not having one for a week now, is driving me mad...im starting to wonder if ill ever have one! LOL LOL

Im going to try a family walk today and see how i get on, we shall go to the forest by us as my son loves it.

My staples are itching a bit today, i want to take off the plasters to have a look at them, but ive only been given 1 set of plasters from the hospital and im planning on changing them on sunday night when i fianlly get my arse into the shower. I know im minging,not having a shower since the op, but i really dont want upset the incisions.
Of course ive been hand washing daily!

Didnt feel sick this morning either, so all good progress.

Stroll on tomorrow morning for my 1st weigh in...and im hoping ill get my butt on that loosers bench!

sure u will tam..u are very focused!!

good luck for tomorrow and please keep up the entries..i look forward to reading them !

go girl, so proud of you! do you feel hungry from the op? my fear is taking headaches with the lack of food. how easy is it to take pain relief after op, can we take pills or has it to be lotion form?

Hi Maura,

Yes i do get hungry, but a few moutfulls of slimfast or soup and the rumbling goes for a few hours.

Today ive suffered with a migrain and its been awful, but ive been taking liquid paracetamol (Calpol for over 6 year olds) but this doesnt work for me, so ive had some nurofen tablets which melt in the mouth.

Today ive eaten:-
7am cup of tea
9am full slimfast made with full fat milk for calories
5pm few spoons of heinz chicken soup
6pm im having a 'innocent' frube.
1 x 500ml water

Make sure you get slimfasts as they do have protein in them.

Hubby has also bought be some ice lollies so ill have one of theose later.

I dont think hunger is causing my headaches, i get them regular anyway, as TOTM is approching.

I also finally had a bowel movement after sitting on the lav for 45 minutes. FYI it didnt hurt or anything, it was difficult to wipe as twisting pulled on my staples.

Get yourself to Boots and ask the chemist for liquid form painkillers. Ive also got gripe water for the wind (not taken any yet) and some rennie which i suck.

I loving my afternoon naps at the moment, but hubby is back to work next week, so its all down to me.
My son has also been brilliant by helping me pick stuff off the floor.

Nearly jumped on the scales a few times today but ive resisted.

Ill post first thing how ive got on - for the book, i dont feel any slimmer as tummy still inflated.

thanks for all that tam. have to start my lowfat diet on wed, 2 weeks of it. the consulant has been vague on it, its just when i read the threads here that i realise how important it is to have reduced liver. good luck for weigh in tomorrow....

7lbs lost!

Im chuffed with that, it was real nice to see 18 on the scales instead of 19.

My migrain finally shifted at about 3am this morning after i forced some of those codine tablets down the hospital gave me. I read on the boards to disolve them in sf juice, which i did and they tasted not bad...a bit like barocca.

Slept fine last night and not having any sickness feelings this morning.

As its hubbys last day off so i want us to spend some quality time together as a family, so i think we shall be out all afternoon walking then ill treat him to a BBQ as he does love BBQ's.....with a few beers for him.

When i was lying in bed last night, im the quiteness, for the first time ever i heard my stomach making noises. It was very wierd hearning all the gurggling and bubbles it was making - just goes to show how full my belly used to be all the time.

Im not liking these hunger pangs, they make me feel sick, so today im going to try and have something every 2 hours.
Those 'innocent' frubes are brilliant. About 20 calories each and go down a treat and take away the rumbles.

I also got through 2 ice lollies last night made from 100% orange juice and wow did i enjoy them.

Ive also been sucking on those bassett multi vitimins which i know neen takes, and its like a challenge not to chew them (like a fruit pastil). Chewing them turns them into tiny bits which i fear i may swallow.

Have a great day!

well bloomin done!!!! ye ha.. and thats in less than 1 week. ah tam so proud. have decided that i will start my diary soon, have an assignment that needs finishing so once i get that completed (today or tomorrow) i will start my diary. how many calories do you think you are getting each day? pleased to hear of nuerofen that melt on the tongue, i dont have much pain barrier, so will make sure i have a large packet of them in my suitcase.. well done tam, keep the diary going xx

(just to let you know i started my diary.)

well bloomin done!!!! ye ha.. and thats in less than 1 week. ah tam so proud. have decided that i will start my diary soon, have an assignment that needs finishing so once i get that completed (today or tomorrow) i will start my diary. how many calories do you think you are getting each day? pleased to hear of nuerofen that melt on the tongue, i dont have much pain barrier, so will make sure i have a large packet of them in my suitcase.. well done tam, keep the diary going xx

Hi Maura,

Im not one for counting calories but rest assured its next to nothing at the moment.
Im a weekly planner and plan all my meals in advance so i will plan to about 1000 per day going forward when i get onto solids.
By doing it this way, i stick to my calories and dont spend too much on the weekly shop anyway.

Until im on solids im just concentrating on getting enough fluids in me to keep me hydrated and adding full fat milk to my slimfasts for calories.

Ill have a read of your diary too.

WOW!!!!!!!!! awesome loss there!! am off to bed but will come tomorrow with a notepad and pan and tk down the important info and tips in this thread!!!

maura will check ur diary too...should start one as well!!

I actually feel slimmer today!

Ive noticed a big improvement today. I even managed half a can of soup for lunch and probably could have ate more but i stopped when i was full (well done Tam)

Checked my wounds and they are fab, healing really well and look a very neat job, no bruising at all.
Ive also taken off those awful stockings...i feel free!

Still need to improve on my water intake so ive ordered some ribena from the supermarket, i love ribena and could drink it all day - its like an addiction....BUT...when i move onto solids ill come off it and buy the sugar free version which i dislike and as if by magic, i wont have ribena again for years.

It was my nephews birthday today and there was a party done for him, with all the lovliest foods (bread, pastry, cakes) and oh by god did i want it. My mouth was salivating but knowing i cannot eat solids made it very easy not to have them. However, it did make me think about how im going to handle party foods when i am on solids and my answer was MODERATION PLUS A SALAD!!!

Cant wait to get on the scales on sunday, i know im loosing. Every time i drop weight i get this really uncomfortable aching pain in my kidneys when sitting down, and all today ive had this pain. Of course i tolerate it as i know its down to weight loss (GP told me)

Hubbys first day back at work and he has come home highly stressed so minimal internet usage for me tonight as my big ears are needed for him to offload. Luckily we are both production managers so know the lingo with what we are talking about. Ah bless him, TLC tonight for him.

Observation: When i eat and get full i get a dull ache in my left shoulder. Maybe this is my 'sign' but unfortunately i only get it about 15 minutes after eating.

Water works and bowels are fully functioning.

Off to have icelolly!

I actually feel slimmer today!

Ive noticed a big improvement today. I even managed half a can of soup for lunch and probably could have ate more but i stopped when i was full (well done Tam)

Checked my wounds and they are fab, healing really well and look a very neat job, no bruising at all.
Ive also taken off those awful stockings...i feel free!

Still need to improve on my water intake so ive ordered some ribena from the supermarket, i love ribena and could drink it all day - its like an addiction....BUT...when i move onto solids ill come off it and buy the sugar free version which i dislike and as if by magic, i wont have ribena again for years.

It was my nephews birthday today and there was a party done for him, with all the lovliest foods (bread, pastry, cakes) and oh by god did i want it. My mouth was salivating but knowing i cannot eat solids made it very easy not to have them. However, it did make me think about how im going to handle party foods when i am on solids and my answer was MODERATION PLUS A SALAD!!!

Cant wait to get on the scales on sunday, i know im loosing. Every time i drop weight i get this really uncomfortable aching pain in my kidneys when sitting down, and all today ive had this pain. Of course i tolerate it as i know its down to weight loss (GP told me)

Hubbys first day back at work and he has come home highly stressed so minimal internet usage for me tonight as my big ears are needed for him to offload. Luckily we are both production managers so know the lingo with what we are talking about. Ah bless him, TLC tonight for him.

Observation: When i eat and get full i get a dull ache in my left shoulder. Maybe this is my 'sign' but unfortunately i only get it about 15 minutes after eating.

Water works and bowels are fully functioning.

Off to have icelolly!

you are doing well Tam, your positivity is shining through xx

Glad to hear you are doing do well Tam, keep posting it's obviously doing you some good xx

Back