• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Me and my battle with the bulge (Gastric Band)

Hi Hun loving the thread, helps me ad I have just had mine done so nice to know the feelings I'm getting (trapped wind in my chest etc) is normal xx

well done Tam. you are right to start the mushies on sunday. i am off work 6 days after my op.... i am now beginning to realise that it may not be long enough, but will have to play it by ear.. worried about all this wind pain everyone seems to be taken.. i suppose i shouldnt worry until it happens... but omg! 11 days till my op. argh, cant believe it.. keep the posts going Tam

6.75Lbs off this week, taking my total to 20 lbs.

Slept on my port side last night which was fine, it really does make a difference getting your staples out.

Today im going to try mushies, 2 weeks of liquids is more than enough. I dont know how some people do it for 6 weeks or more - i would be mental!
Im going to try some weetabix for breakfast (warmed up in the microwave as it goes smoother) and going to make a fish pie for supper which will hopefully last me all week.

Im not looking forward to going back to work, as people will either be asking me how the op went and how im coping or, they will be asking me what i got up to on my 2 weeks off and ill be telling them. So whichever way i got, tomorrow is going to be full of band chat!
On the plus side, i have lost 20lbs since they saw me and my work trousers should fit me better. Im a little bit excited to try them on tomorrow morning.

Today im just going to chill with my son as hubby is working until 3pm.

wow almost another half stone! go girl!! im on liquids for 3 weeks ! bleurgh, bored already!

fantastic! wee done Tam... ye ha.. thats great going. how did the weetabix go down?

MUSHIES TODAY!

By god its been wonderful. Ive had the mash ive so been longing for and its really hit the spot.
Ive taken my time and savored every mouthful, admitely im a little bit 'burpy' now.
Im so thirsty but my 30 minutes is nearly up so il can have a drink.

Been for a lovely family walk today around the local park, its about 1 mile round it. I could have done some more but the last stretch is up a very very steep hill. I done it and felt good for it.

1st day back in work tomorrow and im really not looking forward to it...purley to face all the questions about my band. On the plus side, i am excited to try on my work trousers...i hope they dont feel as tight as they did before.

Hubby said today that i had more defination to my body and my mum also commented that ive lost weight. This is good!

Anyway im off for a drink now.
Im pre-empting a long diary entry tomorrow.

Enjoy the sunshine all xx

awesome...keep up the diary entries! im loving them.

bet ur work trousers will look fab tomorrow and a lot more comfy!!

WORK TROUSERS WERE LOOSER!

Still not hanging off me which is what i wanted, b ut at least when i sit down i dont get the huge middle tyre i used to get with them.

Work went fine, with a few people asking me how i got on and if i was ok. 2 people noticed that i seemed slimmer in my face which was really nice.

However, we had an audit today to it was a highly stressed place to be today.

Eating was wierd, i had a fruit tube at 11am as i realised i had not had anything, then at 1pm i went to the canteen for a jacket spud with butter and only managed 3/4 of it over about 30 minutes. My boss even told me to stop playing with my food as i was prodding it and poking it.
At about 4pm i felt a headache and thought it was down to lack of food (even though i didnt feel hungry) so went back to the canteen and got a pot of jelly with cream. I only ate about half of this over about 1 hour so binned it.
The headache was down to stress of the first day back at work and has gone now im at home.

Going to have the rest of the fish pie from yesterday in a bit then a really early night.

I feel really tired...afterall, for the past 2 weeks ive been having afternoon sleeps to keep me going.

Only managed 1 x 500ml water today and didnt even go to the loo in work - thats not good so will have to try harder tomorrow to get more fluid in me.

Overall, it was a good day and 2 weeks is just about right to have off work after the band in my opinion.

good going Tam. i am off 6 days after my op so i hope i will be ok :( but no point worrying till it happens x

tam i hear u..a.fternoon naps are divine. also find im going to bed earlier then usual as well. i used to get up during the night and check the kids were all tucked up..but havent been able to do that...did try ydy but felt so unwell so did it quickly and went back to bed asap. wont be trying that again for a bit!

love the 1stone gone under ur ticker! woo well done!

Hi, just read all your posts, and there great. im six days post op and would of had my op the same day as you but got cancelled last min. still on fluids but unlike you i can manage more soup etc than you in one sitting. wind is a big prob for me, much to my autistic daughters amusement.lol. missing food lots, my brain is telling me im hungry but my belly is telling me its full. wish they could cut off my sense of smell too, oh thats to stop the food smelling so nice not for the wind.lol.

Hi, just read all your posts, and there great. im six days post op and would of had my op the same day as you but got cancelled last min. still on fluids but unlike you i can manage more soup etc than you in one sitting. wind is a big prob for me, much to my autistic daughters amusement.lol. missing food lots, my brain is telling me im hungry but my belly is telling me its full. wish they could cut off my sense of smell too, oh thats to stop the food smelling so nice not for the wind.lol.

The smell of food is hard. I told my husband that they should create a pill thats is your 1000 calories a day and incorportaes all your vitimins & minerals, and when you get hungry you just smell food and ther hunger goes...how ace would that be!

Stick to the fluids as your insides need to heal and sip slowly as this maybe making your wind worse. I didnt suffer with wind until that day where i ate too fast....i learned not to do it again.

snap..im 5 days post op. missing food so much!

tam how long where u on liquids?

I stayed on them for 12 days. I told my provider today and she was not best impressed but understood why i started earlier and asked if i was ok....which i am.
She was also ashocked that im tolerating tuna, but flaked fish is in my handbook as acceptable for mushy stage.

well good for u..... tried to ask for 2 weeks with my nurse and shes like HELL NO! boooooooo to her! cant wait to sink my teeth into some mushy weetabix!!!

well good for u..... tried to ask for 2 weeks with my nurse and shes like HELL NO! boooooooo to her! cant wait to sink my teeth into some mushy weetabix!!!

good for you magic... good luck on your journey xx

I think all providers are different, im stuggling to understand the main difference between the mushy stage and solid stage. Reason being, even with mushy food you chew chew chew until its like a puree in your mouth so why cant i do that with say ryvita. I would chew that until it was puree? im not going to ask my provider as im quite happy on the mushy stage even though im a bit fed up of potato. My shopping is being delivered tonight to ive got some new things to try.

Today in work i managed to eat the inside of a whole jacket spud. Admitedly i was soooo full after it but i did have a thought at 7pm tonight. The old Tam would have had that whole jacket, plus skin, plus tuna mayo in it with 2 butters and definately would have been back to the canteen for a cake and 3 coffees - The new Tam doesnt, at present there is no way i would be able to manage all that. Even the sound of it turns my stomach.

I tried minced beef tonight with a pasta sauce. The mince was very chewy and took ages to chew, and i have never chewed mince so much in my life and when i done it tonight all i could taste was the fat in it....it was awful really.
I put about 5 tablespoons worth in a bowl but after 1 hour i had only managed about 3 tablespoons.

Felt lighter today which is really good and had 1 more comment that i looked 'better'????

Got a fun filled weekend ahead. We are out all weekend walking and doing family stuff - i am looking forward to it.

Excited for sunday, but it wont be a big one this week as im eating more calories....but as long as something comes off ill be happy.

Enjoy the sun.

i am worried about all this chewing... it eating a chore now?

Back