• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey starts here..

Hi ladies I'm new to this, znd hope you dont mind me asking. I understand what sliming is as I had an episode the other day (not nice) but what is PBing? Am I being really thick lol

Thanks WLD x

Hi ladies I'm new to this, znd hope you dont mind me asking. I understand what sliming is as I had an episode the other day (not nice) but what is PBing? Am I being really thick lol

Productive burping. ie burping and bringing food up.

No you're not being thick :)

Thank you that now makes complete sense. If you've any advice about being newly banded I'd really appreciate it Xxx

Not much I can say really other than follow your provider's guidelines. It's tough when the hunger returns, and you wonder whether you've got a band at all! Just stick with it, and good luck!

I can't say I've been especially good (I drink too much wine lol), but I'm trying.

Oh no BB, that sounds miserable:(
Still, think of the weight loss! x

Yeah wasn't fun - ha, let's hope so!

My mum is being a right pain at the moment, went round there for dinner tonight and she went on and on about what I'm eating and not eating. She did my head in! I think I'm going to have stop Sunday meals with her for a while and just go round for a cup of tea instead.

Getting a bit fed up with not being able to eat anything. I'm going to give it til the weekend and if I'm still struggling I will go for a slight defill. I reckon 6ml would be right for me, 6.3 is just a tiny bit too much. But we will see.

Feeling for you Hun, I don't ever want to get to that stage I'm quite happy as I am at the mo you've been struggling a while now don't leave it too long x

Thanks hun.

Going to book a defill tomorrow, this can't go on for too much longer, I'm going to end up living on rubbish.

I reckon 0.25 out or thereabouts should do it.

I suppose on the upside I now know what restriction is, but it's just a smidge too much.

It really is a fantastic diary and being newly banded myself it has helped me loads.

BB I now know what you mean about the hunger returning. I'm only 2 weeks banded and meant to be on fluids for a total of 4 weeks and already I'm wanting to eat everything in sight. I had 4 cadbury giant buttons yesterday they were amazing. Completely wrong but amazing.

Aw thanks ladies, it's nice to think someone has read my ramblings!

Anyway, my defill is booked for next Wednesday. It's not urgent, and I think I only need a tiny bit removed, but I just would like it to be slightly easier to eat.

I only had a fill of 0.5ml, so I'm going to ask for half of that out and see how I get on.

It's quite nice not feeling hungry, but I'm aware I'm eating the wrong things just so I can eat.

I'm also going over the 20 minutes because I have to wait SOOO long for food to go through.

On the plus side, I don't have any reflux or night cough.

Well this is weird. I went out for dinner tonight and managed to eat a fairly decent portion (stuffed mushrooms starter, a nibble of garlic bread and light dessert) with no issues at all.

I've also really had the munchies today!

I will see how it goes tomorrow and over the weekend, but I think the band might have finally decided to settle!

If I find I can eat a bit more now, then I'll cancel the defill.

Very strange.

Hi BB
Just doing a catch up on your journey...had it a bit rough haven't you :/ so you think its settling down now

I think we are similar..I have 10.05 in a 14 ml band and I have noticed I am tending towards slider foods as I don't seem to be able to eat much else since fill

breakfast is a tiny portion of Special K or similar..lunch is always the same a slice of wholemeal toast with a few baked beans..dinner is small portion of cottage pie and few veg or a slice chicken breast with veg..I find Ive stopped experimenting with food due to being unable to eat so much without having discomfort all the time...
Need to reacess and get back to more healthy food

On a plus not went to GP today and his mouth fell open and he was amazed how different I look :)

Hi Val honey, hmmm, it does sound similar to me.

Yes the past few weeks since the fill haven't been easy, there's been a lot of sliming and being sick.

BUT today is so much better. I called to cancel my defill and the phone lines were closed, it was only 6.30!

I will try again tomorrrow. Now I will try to reintroduce more textured foods.

Funnily enough, I've not lost any weight since my fill, it just shows, being over-restricted is not good!

Hopefully I can start losing weight again.

Val - I bet you you enjoyed shocking the GP, you have done so well lovely x

Back