• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Weight loss Journey 2014 onwards

Thank you love, glad you found it and thanks for the positive comments it certainly keeps me motivated!! Everyone is so lovely on this site!!! I hope it will be a success, I'm so focused to get it, I applied for another internal position where I work and although I get amazing feedback, reports and pay increases I never get anywhere with the interviews to move up the ladder, I think I said previously but I'm curious to see if I get anywhere when I lose weight! Maybe I'm paranoid but doesn't make sense when I'm getting glowing reports for my line managers and peers!! I'm looking forward to Christmas as hopefully it will be a skinnier Christmas and can dress up with new hair new shoes new nails and hopefully new dress a few sizes less lol xx

I hope you are successful in your next job application...I have to say being fat/slim/fat/slim, I have defo experienced a difference in how I am perceived, particularly by the opposite sex when I am slim. I don't think you are being paranoid, I think heavier woman have to work a lot harder at being taken seriously

Just love your attitude towards Xmas...it mirrors mine...how exciting is this journey we are on. Xx

Oh the liquid diet will definitely get the pounds off! You are doing so well. If you do get a promotion afterwards that will say alot. Perhaps something else to look forward too next year! I keep thinking about xmas..good bye roast potatoes and sausage meat stuffing, but hello new healthy me who doesnt feel pogged out for the rest of the day and want to vomit!! Oh and yes definitely get your nails done...i always think at least my hands look nice.

So agree with you about Xmas x

Nice hands are a great quality. I love hands, I love to watch people who gesture while they speak and express themselves with their hands

Oh god you would have a field day with me then, my hands look like they are having a fit, my nails are quite long and i wave them around like a magician!!

Thanks ladies!!

I love getting my nails done, not as much as used to but it's one things along with my lashes I'm gonna start getting some regularly again!!

I can't wait to see how we all get on!!! We definitely motivate each other!

Thanks for the advise about the job, I actually do what I applied for now (but seen as me on development for myself and I don't get paid extra for it..little annoying but I enjoy what I do so hopefully when I lose weight it will reflect on my next application!)

Xx

It's very annoying that being overweight is a deciding factor when applying for a job.

Saying that though it depends on the interview too. Only last week my daughter applied for an apprenticeship in finance, she more than qualifies as she has double distinction in business and 5 A levels with 12 gcse too.

Went to uni and did maths too but she has applied for endless jobs poor girl and is currently working in a shoe shop but wants better.
At the interview they asked her after finding this out if she could start work this Monday gone.
Saying I have to work a weeks notice as my boss would be in the stick because 4 staff have their holidays this coming week but if you were desperate I could travel the 18 miles and do early mornings to help out out but that's the best I can do....the job went to an inexperienced 16yr old because she wasn't willing to put this. Company first.

Good luck to the young girl and I wish her well.

Yet You would think that they would like the fact that she respected her current boss enough than to just walk out. My girl works part time because that's all her boss can give her unless it's to cover holidays or illness. :(

Without playing devils advocate I disagree with the "weight vs job" thing. I have always got every job I've ever had an interview for regardless of what weight I was and I have been 18st plus since the age of 16. I guess everyone's experiences are different. I have been quite lucky that my personality seems to outshine my weight if that makes sense.

That all sounds very big headed (don't mean it like that) just sharing my experience x

It's very annoying that being overweight is a deciding factor when applying for a job.

Saying that though it depends on the interview too. Only last week my daughter applied for an apprenticeship in finance, she more than qualifies as she has double distinction in business and 5 A levels with 12 gcse too.

Went to uni and did maths too but she has applied for endless jobs poor girl and is currently working in a shoe shop but wants better.
At the interview they asked her after finding this out if she could start work this Monday gone.
Saying I have to work a weeks notice as my boss would be in the stick because 4 staff have their holidays this coming week but if you were desperate I could travel the 18 miles and do early mornings to help out out but that's the best I can do....the job went to an inexperienced 16yr old because she wasn't willing to put this. Company first.

Good luck to the young girl and I wish her well.

Yet You would think that they would like the fact that she respected her current boss enough than to just walk out. My girl works part time because that's all her boss can give her unless it's to cover holidays or illness. :(

Thats terrible, as you said I would have respected her more for advising thats why she couldnt start immediately...well its their loss for sure!!!

I hope she gets something soon!! :)

I am not going to dwell on it but its something that annoyed me as Im more than qualified and Im covering all managers absences at the moment but dont get any of the benefits...im going to keep going, cause they are gonna be sick of me applying! Well HR maybe lol!! It is a competitive environment with over 1000 staff but strange i didnt even get an interview when previously I have for same role just in department accross the hall!!

Oh well !!

Well last night i wasnt feeling great and decided to just have soup last night...i then had 4 small pieces of watermelon which immediately after thought i was gonna be sick...eventually passing around hour later, ugh horrible think cause i was on liquids all day (not intentionally) but had the thoughts of thats what must be like if you eat something wrong with the band...definitely wont be making that mistake again lol!
I weighed myself this morning, and not much but another 1/2 pound down so at least its moving again!! :)

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!! :) xx

Without playing devils advocate I disagree with the "weight vs job" thing. I have always got every job I've ever had an interview for regardless of what weight I was and I have been 18st plus since the age of 16. I guess everyone's experiences are different. I have been quite lucky that my personality seems to outshine my weight if that makes sense. That all sounds very big headed (don't mean it like that) just sharing my experience x
I do get what you meant but my daughter is smart confident and can turn any professional situation into relaxed enjoyable experience for those involved. It was the fact that she was unwilling to walk away from a situation that needed her to be loyal. She is less confident when it comes to her weight too but gets that vibe from me and for that I feel guilty.

Last edited:
Thats terrible, as you said I would have respected her more for advising thats why she couldnt start immediately...well its their loss for sure!!! I hope she gets something soon!! :) I am not going to dwell on it but its something that annoyed me as Im more than qualified and Im covering all managers absences at the moment but dont get any of the benefits...im going to keep going, cause they are gonna be sick of me applying! Well HR maybe lol!! It is a competitive environment with over 1000 staff but strange i didnt even get an interview when previously I have for same role just in department accross the hall!! Oh well !! Well last night i wasnt feeling great and decided to just have soup last night...i then had 4 small pieces of watermelon which immediately after thought i was gonna be sick...eventually passing around hour later, ugh horrible think cause i was on liquids all day (not intentionally) but had the thoughts of thats what must be like if you eat something wrong with the band...definitely wont be making that mistake again lol! I weighed myself this morning, and not much but another 1/2 pound down so at least its moving again!! :) Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!! :) xx
Firstly thanks Hun you are spot on. If you are good at your job you should be respected for it and though some find it easy to jump into employment and just go with the flow others find it dis heartening that they are not rightly recognised for their ability because society as seen by a few can't see past the end of their nose so yes seeing if things change when you do would be interesting. It's not always about ability or confidence sadly but you are on a role and a pathway to change your life for you and it will happen. Proud of your decision because you made it for you.

I hate being sick for any reason so I really feel for you Hun.
Half a pound down is fab too. I bet like me a year ago that would have meant nothing but it adds up quickly when you are working so hard Hun well done. :) x x x x

I do get what you meant but my daughter is smart confident and can turn any professional situation into relaxed enjoyable experience for those involved. It was the fact that she was unwilling to walk away from a situation that needed her to be loyal. She is less confident when it comes to her weight too but gets that vibe from me and for that I feel guilty.

Ah I completely disagree with the way they treated your daughter don't get me wrong. She showed respect for her current employer that should show good signs of employment. I hope it doesn't dis hearten her too much and I wish her all the luck in finding an even better job

Firstly thanks Hun you are spot on. If you are good at your job you should be respected for it and though some find it easy to jump into employment and just go with the flow others find it dis heartening that they are not rightly recognised for their ability because society as seen by a few can't see past the end of their nose so yes seeing if things change when you do would be interesting. It's not always about ability or confidence sadly but you are on a role and a pathway to change your life for you and it will happen. Proud of your decision because you made it for you.

I hate being sick for any reason so I really feel for you Hun.
Half a pound down is fab too. I bet like me a year ago that would have meant nothing but it adds up quickly when you are working so hard Hun well done. :) x x x x

Thanks! Thankfully it passed and was only once in a month so shouldnt complain!! :)

I hope your daughter gets an even better job and Im sure she will! :)

Your right 1/2 pound is still something, just when you have a lot to lose it feels like take longer but I know the scales are going in the right direction so thats all that matters!!:)

I have 10 days till the OP, cant believe it... :)

Spending tomorrow as im off making soups to freeze and other assortments!! :)
xx

Good morning peeps!

Countdown, countdown, countdown :) :)

Sharon, I bought loads of wee tiny round containers and bought boiling beef out of tesco which was hugely reduced, boiled it four hours then took out the beef, added a soup veg mix...I then blended it all smooth, filled all my wee containers and popped them in the freezer. Felt well chuffed we myself....I think they are more of a purée consistency.

I am going to make some mince and tatties and purée that too, maybe some chilli too....so I'm all set for the purée stage.

My favourite is lentil...I make a really mean pot of lentil soup. I'm wondering if I make a thin version and liquidise it, would that constitute a liquid?

Still not sure what to do about liquid stage. Probably buy some protein drinks I think. I picked up some Campbell's beef consommé too. Not sure what other soups we could have though? Any help or advice from those already through the process would be welcome

Actually getting really in the mindset now, looking forward to getting the surgery over with - only 6 more sleeps

And I have handed over the cash (eek, eek!) so no going back now

When I weight myself today, I had lost another couple of pounds. That's me lost 10 pounds since I saw the consultant on the 4 August. Don't know if I will reach my own goal of a stone, though. But I'm pleased with my loss. I can actually see it on my face, I have lost the bloated look around my cheeks and eyes

Have a good day everyone.

Well done Kirsty! That is so well organised! You've made life a lot easier for yourself those first few weeks! Doing It now when you're feeling good is such a good idea and you're giving yourself variety to so that will keep the diet interesting!

Good morning peeps! Countdown, countdown, countdown :) :) Sharon, I bought loads of wee tiny round containers and bought boiling beef out of tesco which was hugely reduced, boiled it four hours then took out the beef, added a soup veg mix...I then blended it all smooth, filled all my wee containers and popped them in the freezer. Felt well chuffed we myself....I think they are more of a purée consistency. I am going to make some mince and tatties and purée that too, maybe some chilli too....so I'm all set for the purée stage. My favourite is lentil...I make a really mean pot of lentil soup. I'm wondering if I make a thin version and liquidise it, would that constitute a liquid? Still not sure what to do about liquid stage. Probably buy some protein drinks I think. I picked up some Campbell's beef consommé too. Not sure what other soups we could have though? Any help or advice from those already through the process would be welcome Actually getting really in the mindset now, looking forward to getting the surgery over with - only 6 more sleeps And I have handed over the cash (eek, eek!) so no going back now When I weight myself today, I had lost another couple of pounds. That's me lost 10 pounds since I saw the consultant on the 4 August. Don't know if I will reach my own goal of a stone, though. But I'm pleased with my loss. I can actually see it on my face, I have lost the bloated look around my cheeks and eyes Have a good day everyone.

Well done you! That's my plan for tomorrow!

I had made Bolognese sauce that I was thinking of blending that for purée stage and doing mince and tatties as well, gonna get my pots...apart from soup and protein drinks I can't think of much more for the liquid diet.!

Are u on liquids for a week before as well xx??

6 sleeps oh so exciting!!!! Xxx

Hi Kursty! Wow well done on the weight loss that's great! I'm a pound behind you! The 20th will be here in no time! Yeh my cheque cleared today... Bye money ..bye stomach!!
I've had another good day so far weetabix for breaky! I do actually like weetabix.

Well done Kirsty! That is so well organised! You've made life a lot easier for yourself those first few weeks! Doing It now when you're feeling good is such a good idea and you're giving yourself variety to so that will keep the diet interesting!

thanks. Do you have a date for your op yet?

Sharon. I'm still on the restrictive diet. But just not taking the very low carbs you could have like the slice of toast in the morning, the crisp bread at lunch time and the small tattie or rice at night. I am too frightened to come out of ketosis and be ravenously hungry. So have an Atkins breakfast bar for breakfast, a green salad and turkey for lunch, have small portion of meat with veg at night. I am allowed two bits of fruit, but again because of the carbs I take 5 strawberries and a small handful of raspberries. I am allowed a low fat yoghurt. I use a plain one with shredded cucumber, crushed garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper with my salad as I am not allowed any dressing. I ok'd the atkens breakfast bar at my pre op.

I'm coping great with the diet. A bit low on energy and headache prone, but nothing I can't handle.

Have you started the liquids yet? Or are you waiting till Saturday?

Just seen that you recently had your op. Hope you are doing great xx

Sharon. I'm still on the restrictive diet. But just not taking the very low carbs you could have like the slice of toast in the morning, the crisp bread at lunch time and the small tattie or rice at night. I am too frightened to come out of ketosis and be ravenously hungry. So have an Atkins breakfast bar for breakfast, a green salad and turkey for lunch, have small portion of meat with veg at night. I am allowed two bits of fruit, but again because of the carbs I take 5 strawberries and a small handful of raspberries. I am allowed a low fat yoghurt. I use a plain one with shredded cucumber, crushed garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper with my salad as I am not allowed any dressing. I ok'd the atkens breakfast bar at my pre op. I'm coping great with the diet. A bit low on energy and headache prone, but nothing I can't handle. Have you started the liquids yet? Or are you waiting till Saturday?

Hey love, that sounds nice wee meals! :)

I have been doing protein shake for breakfast and lunch then having salad and chicken/steak/fish for dinner most nights..according to the stuff they gave me I start the liquid diet on Saturday, so been trying to ease into it!

I found the headaches were away after a week, so hopefully urs be away in a few days xxx

Back