• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Weight loss Journey 2014 onwards

A week today...yey!!!
Four sleeps...yey!!!
A week tuesday... Yey!!!

My plan bank holiday monday is to change the bed and have a good clean. I will be leaving my dog with my mum for the week whilst im at hospital and for a few days after.

A week today...yey!!! Four sleeps...yey!!! A week tuesday... Yey!!! My plan bank holiday monday is to change the bed and have a good clean. I will be leaving my dog with my mum for the week whilst im at hospital and for a few days after.

So excited for us!! :)

I just went and bought new bedding yesterday to put on for coming home from hospital!!!

I have my dad there to look after my wee dog so I can take it easy!!

Still can't believe it's do soon for each of us!

Xx

OOOh exciting girls :) I changed my bed the night before my op so i had nice clean bed to come home to then spent the next few nights sleeping on the sofa LOL x x x x

I'm a bit concerned about coming home. My dogs sleep on the bed with us (gasp, horror!!!) only dogs I have let EVER to sleep on the bed. Mind you, before these two dogs, I have always had German shepherds , sometimes two at a time I went over to Arizona to spend a couple of weeks with my brother and his family. When I got home the crate had been dismantle led and the bed had become a dog zone....and they have stayed. I actually hate it but my hubby likes them there..but.....in the early hours around 6am they jump all over me as that's when I get up to feed them and start my day, or go back for an hour or so

Hubby and I talking about it. He is going to sleep in another bedroom and I will have the bed to myself and close the door. If he were to come in with me, I don't think the dogs would settle, I think they would scratch the door and cry for ages. So that's the plan

He is under strict instructions to have a clean bed for me getting back from the hospital, and the door shut over. No dog hairs

But I'm still concerned at my wee staff jumping up on me...I am trying desperately to get her to stop it. Have even had a dog whisperer out to help with her anxiety and needy behaviour. But nothing is helping..she is manic when I come n the house...it drives me nuts. Otherwise she is a wee sweetie

Oh god can you imagine been jumped on the day after the op!! He'll you would be a mess! Our dog is confined to downstairs, my husband very strict with him.
I'm still doing ok on the diet, drinking loads and feeling good!
We are all doing so well

I am just starting my RNY/bypass journey also. I am in the process of getting my evaluations and medical clearances. I hope to get insurance clearance by or before the end of September. I totally understand about being nervous. I am nervous and excited all at the same time. The anticipation is the hardest for me right now. I really appreciate everyone on this website for giving insight to what to expect and sharing their stories. I do not have a lot of people to talk to so this is very helpful. I look forward to going on this journey with those of you who are new as well. My doctor has been very thorough. I saw him last month, July. I have since had a series of blood test (Labs), Upper GI series (radiology), abdominal ultra sound(radiology), and next week I will have an EGD (endoscopy) following my consult with the gastroenterologist on 08/19/14.
My next appointment with my surgeon is September 18th, which also happens to be my son's birthday. He will turn 22. I have two children. My daughter is 26. My husband of 27 years is supportive but not very talkative about my decision right now. I know that I can count on him though. He's a runner. I look forward to being out there with him soon. I may not be running but at least I will be out there doing something! Thanks for reading and listening.
smile.png

I am just starting my RNY/bypass journey also. I am in the process of getting my evaluations and medical clearances. I hope to get insurance clearance by or before the end of September. I totally understand about being nervous. I am nervous and excited all at the same time. The anticipation is the hardest for me right now. I really appreciate everyone on this website for giving insight to what to expect and sharing their stories. I do not have a lot of people to talk to so this is very helpful. I look forward to going on this journey with those of you who are new as well. My doctor has been very thorough. I saw him last month, July. I have since had a series of blood test (Labs), Upper GI series (radiology), abdominal ultra sound(radiology), and next week I will have an EGD (endoscopy) following my consult with the gastroenterologist on 08/19/14.
My next appointment with my surgeon is September 18th, which also happens to be my son's birthday. He will turn 22. I have two children. My daughter is 26. My husband of 27 years is supportive but not very talkative about my decision right now. I know that I can count on him though. He's a runner. I look forward to being out there with him soon. I may not be running but at least I will be out there doing something! Thanks for reading and listening.
smile.png

good luck I am just starting my journey too!:)

I am just starting my RNY/bypass journey also. I am in the process of getting my evaluations and medical clearances. I hope to get insurance clearance by or before the end of September. I totally understand about being nervous. I am nervous and excited all at the same time. The anticipation is the hardest for me right now. I really appreciate everyone on this website for giving insight to what to expect and sharing their stories. I do not have a lot of people to talk to so this is very helpful. I look forward to going on this journey with those of you who are new as well. My doctor has been very thorough. I saw him last month, July. I have since had a series of blood test (Labs), Upper GI series (radiology), abdominal ultra sound(radiology), and next week I will have an EGD (endoscopy) following my consult with the gastroenterologist on 08/19/14. My next appointment with my surgeon is September 18th, which also happens to be my son's birthday. He will turn 22. I have two children. My daughter is 26. My husband of 27 years is supportive but not very talkative about my decision right now. I know that I can count on him though. He's a runner. I look forward to being out there with him soon. I may not be running but at least I will be out there doing something! Thanks for reading and listening.

Good luck...this site is so informative and supportive. Look forward to following your progress

I am just starting my RNY/bypass journey also. I am in the process of getting my evaluations and medical clearances. I hope to get insurance clearance by or before the end of September. I totally understand about being nervous. I am nervous and excited all at the same time. The anticipation is the hardest for me right now. I really appreciate everyone on this website for giving insight to what to expect and sharing their stories. I do not have a lot of people to talk to so this is very helpful. I look forward to going on this journey with those of you who are new as well. My doctor has been very thorough. I saw him last month, July. I have since had a series of blood test (Labs), Upper GI series (radiology), abdominal ultra sound(radiology), and next week I will have an EGD (endoscopy) following my consult with the gastroenterologist on 08/19/14. My next appointment with my surgeon is September 18th, which also happens to be my son's birthday. He will turn 22. I have two children. My daughter is 26. My husband of 27 years is supportive but not very talkative about my decision right now. I know that I can count on him though. He's a runner. I look forward to being out there with him soon. I may not be running but at least I will be out there doing something! Thanks for reading and listening.

Good luck!!! I will be looking forward to hearing on your progress!!! Xx

I'm a bit concerned about coming home. My dogs sleep on the bed with us (gasp, horror!!!) only dogs I have let EVER to sleep on the bed. Mind you, before these two dogs, I have always had German shepherds , sometimes two at a time I went over to Arizona to spend a couple of weeks with my brother and his family. When I got home the crate had been dismantle led and the bed had become a dog zone....and they have stayed. I actually hate it but my hubby likes them there..but.....in the early hours around 6am they jump all over me as that's when I get up to feed them and start my day, or go back for an hour or so Hubby and I talking about it. He is going to sleep in another bedroom and I will have the bed to myself and close the door. If he were to come in with me, I don't think the dogs would settle, I think they would scratch the door and cry for ages. So that's the plan He is under strict instructions to have a clean bed for me getting back from the hospital, and the door shut over. No dog hairs But I'm still concerned at my wee staff jumping up on me...I am trying desperately to get her to stop it. Have even had a dog whisperer out to help with her anxiety and needy behaviour. But nothing is helping..she is manic when I come n the house...it drives me nuts. Otherwise she is a wee sweetie

Aww hubby will look after you and I think the dogs may sense if ur hurting..prob be more gentle with you!

Aw I think sometimes it just takes a lot of time with then to calm them down, show them that you missed them and hopefully they will take notice! Unconditional love they have for their owners!! My wee dog used to crys at door if u leave him for a minute but eventually he realised it wasn't for long and now he just chills in his bed till ur back! Never leave him longer than 30mins as my dad's retired so he always has company!

Xx

Aww hubby will look after you and I think the dogs may sense if ur hurting..prob be more gentle with you! Aw I think sometimes it just takes a lot of time with then to calm them down, show them that you missed them and hopefully they will take notice! Unconditional love they have for their owners!! My wee dog used to crys at door if u leave him for a minute but eventually he realised it wasn't for long and now he just chills in his bed till ur back! Never leave him longer than 30mins as my dad's retired so he always has company! Xx

How old is your dog? What kind of dog do you have

Our wee Tess has done some serious damage In the house. Including chewing up a brand new leather sofa....but no damage since may so her separation anxiety is getting better. We only leave her for three hours at a time. And that's not every day as I work from home and hubby is retired

What are we like with our dogs? I just love mine to bits. It's amazing how many of us on the forum have dogs

How old is your dog? What kind of dog do you have

Our wee Tess has done some serious damage In the house. Including chewing up a brand new leather sofa....but no damage since may so her separation anxiety is getting better. We only leave her for three hours at a time. And that's not every day as I work from home and hubby is retired

What are we like with our dogs? I just love mine to bits. It's amazing how many of us on the forum have dogs

I have a little Lhasa Apso who is 3 and wee sweetie pie! he used to chew when he was a pup but pretty good now!

Another 1lb off today xx :) xxx

Oh they are wee cuties. Fiercer than they look though. They are very popular round my bit. My friend has one. Leon is ten now, quite the old gent. He is about 10 or eleven now. He was really feisty when he was young. Gave my two shepherds a telling off many a time lol

Great news about the weigh loss. How near to your two stone target are you now?

Oh they are wee cuties. Fiercer than they look though. They are very popular round my bit. My friend has one. Leon is ten now, quite the old gent. He is about 10 or eleven now. He was really feisty when he was young. Gave my two shepherds a telling off many a time lol Great news about the weigh loss. How near to your two stone target are you now?

Aww bet you got some good stories with them! I used to have spaniels but after lost my last one I wasn't gonna get another dog but decided house was too quiet without one!

Thanks, still got another. 6lbs to go so I'm not too confident but whatever I lose I'm fine with!

Xx

Well done on the loss!
A lhasa apso...so they are cute, theres a few in my village, one is an aggressive little bugger, my really old german shepherd, before he was put down at nearly 14, decided he didnt like his attitude so he crushed him on the floor, poor little dog didnt know what was happening, he never growled again! I guess when you are old and decrepit you have to teach these youngsters a lesson.
Not long left on this diet, ive had enough of bernard matthews turkey breast roll...

Well done on the loss! A lhasa apso...so they are cute, theres a few in my village, one is an aggressive little bugger, my really old german shepherd, before he was put down at nearly 14, decided he didnt like his attitude so he crushed him on the floor, poor little dog didnt know what was happening, he never growled again! I guess when you are old and decrepit you have to teach these youngsters a lesson. Not long left on this diet, ive had enough of bernard matthews turkey breast roll...

Lol I think they think they are 10feet tall :) mines thankfully is a wee cheery soul! Definitely different from my spaniels but love him to bits!!! Always knows if not feeling good xx

Highlight of my day---winning an award at work for basically being amazing ;) lol well this month.. Prize is a fancy lunch at steak house... Go figure!!! Thankfully I don't need to do it now as works too busy!

Other highlight...pulling my jeans up or down without unzipping ! :)

Not bad for a Monday :) xx

Back