• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Next step - approaching the finish line

which yoghurts

Might seem like a daft question now that I have a fridge full of yoghurt in prep for tomorrow, but when it says Muller lights, or any low fat yoghurt - it does mean ANY low fat yoghurt doesn't it?
I've just gone panicky about the fact that I have loads of low fat or no fat yoghurt but they are all flavoured or have chunks of fruit in them. Someone tell me that I have the right ones and the diet sheet doesn't actually mean PLAIN or NATURAL yoghurt with no favouring.

Your fine, your pre op right? You should be having between 800 to 1000 cals a day, diet yog flavoured is fine
Use mfp to work out your daily cals if that will help stop you worrying x

Thank you. Yes I am preop. It says up to 8 yoghurt a day. I've bought enough for 8 a day, but would imagine that will only last for a few days until I am sick of them lol. Ah well, it's only 2 weeks and so worth it.

mine was milk only hon, but if they've said any muller light, I'm sure its fine. If you're worried, give them a buzz tomorrow.

I have my preop assessment tomorrow anyway. I am so used to diets where yoghurt has to be plain lol XX

mine was 8 to 10 yogurt a day under 65 calories if i used muller light i had to cut to 6 a day but they will be fine

All is fine with the yoghurt. Well apart from the fact that I had two small yoghurt for breakfast and have already had enough lol. Doesn't bode well for the next two weeks. Although I am very determined.

Is it just me or is it wrong to book 2 people in for their pre-op assessment at 10.00 a.m. and another for 10.20 knowing that it takes 30mins for each one, then complain when one of the people calls at 10.40 to ask why they haven't had their call?

I really do not understand how some people's minds work.

boullion

Is it normal or this stuff to taste incredibly salty?

I do not have salt at all. It's probably about 20 years since I used it for cooking or anything.

Anyway, I have just made myself a drink from the boullion. The directions say one level two to cup of boiling water. I did one level tsp to a large mug of water - revolting, undrinkable due to saltiness. Remade it at half strength, still virtually undrinkable. Remade again this time a quarter of a tsp to a large mug. Still very, VERY salty. Is this normal?

cant help sorry and i dont use salt either but i would check salt content on the packaging maybe

my local hospital dont even book pre op its first come first served basis

lol gets easier i had to do 4 weeks imagine how i felt

4 weeks WOW!!!

Hi bmi and all my excess weight is belly so yep 4 weeks

Very well done on sticking to it. I keep telling myself that it will all be worth it in the end.

I did have a couple of minor slips but my son was in having surgery at the time but nothing major and my surgeon was fine with that

Yup it is meant to be that salty! The reason is because your body needs it for the salt.

As I'm supposed to have one serving a day, I've decided to divide the tsp into four and have four cups. It really isn't palatable at full strength. The way I see it is that I'm still getting the serving I need, just spread out lol.

What do losers do about their clothes?

Another daft question. What do people do about their clothes during the initial period after the op. I'm asking because I've lost two stones recently and I literally do not have anything that fits me. I look like a sack of poop. I cannot alter my clothes any more. But I am still too big to be able to go into asda where they seem to have loads of very cheap stuff.
Also, my op is on 6th May and Even if my initial faster weight loss only lasts for three months or so before slowing down, I am going to need new clothes every two or three weeks. I've already got over £1000 to pay out over next few months for our youngests school stuff so won't have any spare money until around Oct/Nov.
Ah well, I suppose I could start a whole new trend for wearing bin liners lol.

Leggings are great you can buy them really cheaply and they last thru a few sizes with longer t-shirts, short dresses or tunic tops, do you have any carboot sales near to you I have got a few nice bits on carbooties last week I got a Monsoon dress with £113 on the tag for £5, also look around the facebook selling pages and even on free cycle as I have given away stuff on those pages.

Back