• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Next step - approaching the finish line

One week away from op now. Been out today and stocked up on what looks like a load of rubbish. Cans of consomme & other clear soups, custard, rice pud, and various other low fat, low sugar things. The pantry looks weird, I am so used to making everything from scratch, eating the things they've suggested for the first few weeks seems wrong and looks totally unhealthy.

I've also been filling a space in the freezer with small portions of home cooked stuff, but obviously they're for a few weeks after the op.

Last edited:
Nicely prepared hunni :) my freezer still full of the meals i prepared as when it can to it i fancied totally different LOL Not long now x x x

Nicely prepared hunni :) my freezer still full of the meals i prepared as when it can to it i fancied totally different LOL Not long now x x x

I have a feeling that I will be exactly the same lol

Bath???

How soon after the op can I have a bath??

I was told if I wanted a soak bath ie deep water I had to wait for my glue to be gone, other wise it was shallow baths or showers

That's me stuffed then!! We don't have a shower and I cannot physically get in or out of a shallow bath due to knee and hip issues - need deep water for the buoyancy. SMELLY!!!!!

strip wash if no shower works for a temp thing

Yes I know lol. Just don't fancy all those weeks without a bath lol.

Forget it for awhile hunni straight after you wont have the energy anyway lol having a shower done me in lol but on a nice positive note you wont need the buoyancy soon enough .......... your be slipping in and out easy lol x x x

depends how they close you you might be lucky and allowed a bath ask when you have had your op

INCREDIBLY SPOTTY

This blooming' yoghurt diet has sent my skin weird. I am very, VERY spotty.
My face looks awful, I don't think I had spots like this even when I was a teenager. Is it just me, or did the preop diet affect anyone else's skin?

You will be losing weight at a fast rate so your body will be flooded by the hormones that were stored inside your fat. In other words, you've become the ultimate teenager!

You will be losing weight at a fast rate so your body will be flooded by the hormones that were stored inside your fat. In other words, you've become the ultimate teenager!

Ooooo Does that mean I can behave like a teenager and get away with it? Lol x

Getting very nervous now!!!
Someone tell me I am not going to die!!
Off down to the hotel late afternoon tomorrow. Need to be at the hospital for 7 Tuesday morning.

You're not going to die hun. They do these op at much riskier weight. Think of how much safer you've made it for yourself.

Thank you. I do keep telling myself that. Then I have the youngest, who keeps a lot to himself, suddenly come up and ask "mum, you're going to be alright with this operation aren't you?" Of course, I reassure him, then when I have a moment alone, I start asking myself the same question
I have an image in my head, of myself sat in theatre crying like an idiot saying I don't want to die - as I go under the anaesthetic. Lol

we all have that fear its natural but to the surgeons its a routine now and they are equipped for anything that may crop up but i doubt it does too often you will be fine just think positive and you will be on the losers bench before you know it

Honestly hon, on the day I was pretty calm. And you're quite stoic - I think you'll be fine. And it'll be over before you know it.

just wanted to wish you all the very best for tomorrow, hope you get this message, but i see you've left already :( Don't worry hunni, you'll be in very good hands :) book in at 7 and off to the waiting room...... pop the radio on and chill. There will be others booking in at 7 too, so others in same boat to talk too :) The nurse will come get ya at some-point get yo gowned up and stockings on ....... quick visit to the surgeon and they should let ya know then at what order surgery is........... i hope your not too far down the list for waiting. Once your off to operating room the team will SO put you at ease I PROMISE :) sending huge huge huge hugs see you on the other side x x x x keep us posted when you can x x x x mawh

Back