• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Next step - approaching the finish line

Hmm- it would also indicate that I have outstanding circulation to my chin ! And the hairiness there has not reduced with my weigh I'm sorry to say !

Hmm- it would also indicate that I have outstanding circulation to my chin ! And the hairiness there has not reduced with my weigh I'm sorry to say !

Noooooooo - please don't tell me this, I suppose I can live in hope lol x

If all else fails, get a mens razor. Seriously - women's razor are a joke - as a found out after I borrowed my mans!

If all else fails, get a mens razor. Seriously - women's razor are a joke - as a found out after I borrowed my mans!

I quite like the Venus ones - but generally buy mens lol x

I bought my boyfriend an rechargeable one for christmas and the batteries on mine had run out. So I borrowed his! OMG - no feeling like the hairs were being ripped out - I barely felt it! And such a close shave! Am doing my legs soon;)

I bought my boyfriend an rechargeable one for christmas and the batteries on mine had run out. So I borrowed his! OMG - no feeling like the hairs were being ripped out - I barely felt it! And such a close shave! Am doing my legs soon;)

I quite liked the look of that new 'NoNo' thing - until I saw the price :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I went along to the BOSPA meeting and have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. Met a lovely family and a couple of other very nice people who have either had or are waiting for WLS. It was great to be able to talk face-to-face with people who have 'been there' and jumped through all the hoops, as well as get honest answers to my questions (from all points of view). I am actually looking forward to going again.

Stupid, stupid me!! - feeling a little sorry for myself!!

Nothing to do with WL or WLS. I'm not sure what it is but ever since the consultant has applied for my funding I've gone into what I can only describe as a 'nesting' mode - I keep cleaning.

Although my bloomin' house is immaculate about 95% of the time (according to my family and friends), I've done nothing but clean it from top to bottom. Yesterday, whilst everyone was at work, I decided that I wanted to swap our living/dining room around. Now - we have some very large pieces of furniture (mainly an 8 seater dining table; a 1920's secretaire-bureau/bookcase thing which weighs a flippin' ton; and an 8 seater corner sofa, and thats not even including all the other stuff). But, even though my arthritis was playing up in my right knee - I plunged myself into it.

Thinking about it I must have looked funny moving the secretaire. With crutch in one hand, (to stop my knee giving way), I somehow managed to lift one side of it (having removed the drawers and emptied the books and glassware, etc out of the top) with my other hand, and dragged it from it's original position to where it now is (about 20 feet). Moving it about 12 inches at a time, standing to stretch my neck and take the added pressure off my knee after each small move. It took a while, but I was very pleased when I finally got it to where it is now. It took just under 6 hours to do the entire room and today - I am in chuffing agony!!

My neck and upper spine are killing me (I haven't pulled anything - I am an arthritic old git!!). I know it serves me right - I just need to whinge in a place where I can't see the 'I told you so' expression on peoples faces.

Thank you for listening - OUCH!!!!:D:rolleyes:

Ah hun, you're no different from the rest of us :) I went to the gym near enough my heaviest - did my knees in for weeks. Rest up, and make yourself a few hot water bottles :)

Ah hun, you're no different from the rest of us :) I went to the gym near enough my heaviest - did my knees in for weeks. Rest up, and make yourself a few hot water bottles :)

THank You. Hot water bottles do sound good.

Is the nesting thing normal - or is that just me lol

Jamast said:
THank You. Hot water bottles do sound good.

Is the nesting thing normal - or is that just me lol

Well the nesting thing is something I always do whenever i have 'events'...I think it's my way of coping with things,to get organised etc.

i am nesting like crazy! Even bought baby clothes - for friends baby tho!

Well the nesting thing is something I always do whenever i have 'events'...I think it's my way of coping with things,to get organised etc.

That's probably it, loads happening this year, including my daughters wedding, so I do feel as though I need to do as much as possible pre-op lol

i am nesting like crazy! Even bought baby clothes - for friends baby tho!

Glad it's not just me then, with the nesting I mean - baby clothes noooooo (very scary thought for me) lol

Jamast said:
That's probably it, loads happening this year, including my daughters wedding, so I do feel as though I need to do as much as possible pre-op lol

I'm glad I know I'm not the only one too...I must say it makes me feel better to clean and organise.

To be honest, I don't mind buying baby clothes for friends. It was more the nesting - I'm not normally a particularly tidy person, my mum has been known to come to my house, sniff and 'suggest' that we could clean up.

To be honest, I don't mind buying baby clothes for friends. It was more the nesting - I'm not normally a particularly tidy person, my mum has been known to come to my house, sniff and 'suggest' that we could clean up.

Had to laugh at the 'sniff and suggest' lol x

Back