• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Next step - approaching the finish line

Interesting BOSPA meeting today - apparently my consultant is in trouble, a high number of her WL Patients have asked for another consultant.

Had a letter today from the hospital. Apparently the PCT want the dietician to approve the op for me, after she updates her info on me (as the consultant is basically ***** - apologies for that). Once they get her sayso, they will approve funding. So I'm calling the dietician first thing in the morning to see if I need a face-to face chat or if we can do it over the phone. Not sure if I am getting exited or just annoyed that it's another hoop (albiet a minor one) due to having a crappy consultant. But keep your fingers crossed for me.

Consider them crossed xxx

My fingers are crossed for you honey.

thank you both. x

Bored and still waiting. Finally received a letter last week from the hospital telling me that as I am not happy with the consultant, they want me to have yet another 'final' meeting with the dietician, just so she can confirm that I have jumped through all the hoops and if she is happy, they will then definately approve my funding.

So on the one hand - brilliant - as I know there will be no problem with the dietician (she has wanted to put in the funding application since feb 2011). But on the other hand, I am really peed off. Firstly, the dietician is actually on holiday until next monday, and secondly, I suppose that any appointment I have to make with her will have to fit in with her list and the last time I saw her, the waiting list was between four and six months long. I am wondering what the chances are that I could chat to her over the phone and she can confirm my weight and eating habits with the GP - surely that would be quicker. Otherwise I can see this whole fiasco moving well into the 6th year!!!

I would definitely push this. Maybe even go in to the reception and speak to them face to face as then it will be harder for them to say no.

I would definitely push this. Maybe even go in to the reception and speak to them face to face as then it will be harder for them to say no.

Thanks Yvessa. I definately intend to try and push it. It's difficult to go to her reception as it's around a six hour trip (there and back) by public transport.

Jamast said:
Thanks Yvessa. I definately intend to try and push it. It's difficult to go to her reception as it's around a six hour trip (there and back) by public transport.

That's a pain. I would put something to her in writing then and use nice words like respectfully request. Don't forget to cc it to your gp.

That's a pain. I would put something to her in writing then and use nice words like respectfully request. Don't forget to cc it to your gp.

ooo good idea. I never thought of putting it in writing, and I'm usually much quicker on the uptake lol x

I always put things in writing when I want something. Lol. It is far to easy for people to dismiss you otherwise.

Starter pic!!!

OMIGOODGOD!!! I just found a pic of me on minimins when I first started this journey, when I weighed around 400lbs (and had dyed my hair almost black - for some strange reason). I only weigh around 50lbs less than that now, and am back to my normal hair colour. Nevertheless, the pic is VERY SCARY.

Last edited:
More recent piccy's lol

Last edited:
still a very pretty lady, you will look like cheryl cole when your finished;)

still a very pretty lady, you will look like cheryl cole when your finished;)

Thank you - but ... Cheryl Cole ...Now thats is scary!!! Much scarier than my 'ugly' pic lol.

Thank you Ruthie. xx

Some good news.
Have spoken personally to the dietician. She would have been happy to do it my way (over the phone and weight from GP) however, she doesn't want the PCT to have any excuse to change their minds about accepting what she tell them. Her waiting list would have meant me seeing her at the end of Sept (aaarrgghhh). That would have meant PCT meeting in Dec (our only meet every three months), which would have then meant we would be into the 7th year of fighting for the op by the time I finally got it.
However, we had a lovely long chat and she jigged a few things around in her diary and I will be off to see her (in her lunch break!!) a week on friday. Yaaaaahhhhh.
That means she will be in contact with PCT before the end of June (Squeezing into this 3 month meeting block) and I should hopefully hear something by the middle - to end of July.
Keep those fingers crossed please - they're working so far lol xx

Back