• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Slimpip's Sleeve Jan'14

How refreshing to have a good GP who is confident in what they're saying. Such a rarity nowadays.

Well done on the loss hun! In the early stages I managed to lose a lil extra so don't be suprised if u keep losing for a bit! X x

Oh and P.S I lost 2 lbs this last week, meaning I'm bang on 14st...not sure what to expect now that I'm pregnant but will just see how it goes :) x

So happy for you!! Hopefully next year I can be in the same boat!! :D xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks ladies. I haven't been on for a while, christmas and new year was a bit hectic. Ahhhh who am I kidding...I spent most of it asleep haha. I'm 7 weeks 2 days today...how time flies. Had my first midwife's appointment yesterday, all went fine, nothing to report, got my next one on Jan 15th (that's a longer one apparently) and should get my scan letter through next week. Still undecided as to whether we want to get an early scan, which we'd have to pay for. I kind of do, to put my mind at rest, but then I think, you could have a perfect scan, then something terrible could happen the day after, so ultimately what's the point? Plus it's £100 which we could save for baby things.

The tiredness and sudden, overwhelming nausea when my stomach gets ever so slightly empty is still kicking my ass!!! I am constantly grazing, which feeling unnatural. But I literally have no choice unless I want to spend the rest of this trimester in the toilet or in bed, either way not working!!

In other news, less than a week until our short break in Budapest. I am feeling excited, but apprehensive. I'm apprehensive because I haven't made it through a day in weeks now without needing a lie down, and we are going with friends, and I don't want to ruin their holiday. I might have to try and mould the days whereby we keep fairly central so that should I need to I can whip back to the hotel for a nap. Oh lordy, didn't think I'd be scheduling naps on my holiday haha.

That's it in the life of me and little on. It's a blueberry right now. Guy is convinced it's a girl already but I have no clue either way. Hope everyone is well and had a fab christmas and new year. Happy 2015 xxx

Good to hear from you Pip.... glad alls going well and you had a great Christmas..... want to wish you a very happy new year may all your dreams come true.... well i guess the already have lol enjoy your hols.... x x x x x

Aww so glad everything's going well! All signs are very positive too so I would save the £100 for baby vits. There's so much to buy and it seems never ending.
I still can't believe how many of us are/have been pregnant at the same time on here!
By the time u go on your hols you'll nearly be over the 1st trimester just a couple more weeks left then. X x x

Pip just found out ur pregnant :) many congrats :)))

Hey everyone, thanks Ali, nice to hear from you hun, hope you're well :)

What a couple of weeks. I am 10 weeks pregnant tomorrow eeek. 2 weeks tomorrow is the scan, which is so hard to wait for. Budapest was great but completely wiped me out, my birthday, the day after we got back came and went with absolutely no fuss as i slept through most of it haha.

Unfortunately though, not all is well in the world of baby pip. Well, that's misleading, hopefully the baby is ok, nothing to suggest it's not, but me on the other hand, well....

I went back to work after returning from Budapest, day one no issues. Day two at the first call I was having really bad dizziness, didn't think much of it, got my client in the car to go to her day centre club and drove off. Well two mins away from the club, my vision starting to dip in and out and I had to pull the car over straight away. Took a few mins and carried on driving. Got to day centre, managed to hold it together to get my client settled, then went back into the foyer, when I nearly buckled and fell. Managed to stumble onto a chair, then my vision totally went. Staff rallied round, called my agency to tell them i wouldn't be leaving there until they were happy to let me go etc...after about half an hour i felt better, drained but better, vision back etc.

Had my 2nd midwife's appointment that afternoon and explained all to them, they were quite concerned. Blood pressure measured ok then and there, but she had no doubt I was suffering from an extreme version of postural hypotension. But she was concerned as to why it was happening while I was sat still. She has referred me to be looked after by a consultant at the hospital, just incase.

Next morning, back to work...first call, stood in my ladies kitchen chopping some vegetable for her, happened again. Straight to the GP this time. He was very concerned also, gave me no option but to be signed off for 2 weeks and I'm not allowed to drive.

Been up and down since then, lots of dizzy spells, but lots of feeling ok. Wearing compression stockings on my legs to keep blood flow higher up the body. Not really sure what to think of any it, it's causing money worries, but ultimately as long as baby is safe, I couldn't care less :)

XX

One: glad your holiday went well! :)
Two: It's been rough, but as you said, as long as Baby is okay other stuff can be back burner for a minute. And GP is aware, so they'll keep an eye out. Just have to keep them posted of stuff. Only two weeks and you'll get to see your wiggly little baby! Yaaay! :) Chin up!

Glad you had a great holiday hun! Your doing the right thing taking doctors advice and being signed off I know it's hard but try not to worry about money! It will all work itself out grab a cup of tea and put your feet up! X x

Slimpip get your folate levels checked asap if they haven't done it with your booking bloods. If you ask now they could probably tag it on if you've had them done.

You've just described what was happening to me last year and my folate level was in my boots. It can cause neurological symptoms. Mine was like a migraine without the bad headache. Visual disturbances, I got to work and couldn't see what was written on the paper. I thought I was having a stroke. My colleague made me go lay down until I'd recovered. It was really frightening and upsetting, I was so dizzy and disorientated. I really thought it was BP but as I worked with MW's it was checked and fine. A strong folate prescription sorted me out (5mg daily which is 12x the normal pregnancy dose).

Blimey gal sounds nasty :( just take real good care of yourself and that beautiful package your carrying......... forget about money worries they come way down the list when were talking health here and hope they manage to figure out whats causing your troubles x x x x

Ooh smallerme, that is interesting, they didn't say anything about folate? I think it'd be too late for my bloods that were done, as that was last Thursday but I'll text my midwife to ask :) thanks everyone, taking it easy is so boring but definitely necessary, I understand that. I went to the supermarket with Guy last night (he drove of course) and even just walking round the shop my legs went to pot, went so weak and dizzy had to get back to the car to sit down. It's pathetic lol x

When i had my booking in bloods, i got them to do my post op ones too. Folate and ferritin are part of them, they only do hb with booking in and it doesn't really give a full picture. It's definitely work asking for a full post op blood test.

Most labs still hold the sample for some time. One that's commmonly asked for the labs months down the line is to ring and ask them to test booking bloods for chickenpox immunity. Not sure if they can do the same for folate but worth asking rather than being stabbed again. Here FBC is done which includes lots of other info plus ferritin is done too.

If not do ask for the GP to just take and check it. Might not be anything to do with it but deficiencies and WLS do go hand in hand.

Have your iron and ferritin come back normal? Worth asking what the MCV was as a high result can sometimes be an indicator of B12 or folate deficiency.

Hey ladies, thanks for your concern.

I rang the GP like you said hun and asked about folate levels, he told me in no uncertain terms that my bloods came back perfect and that low folate would show in my iron levels. He told me to rest and see my doctor on Thursday eve like i have booked and see how we get on. I think he was a bit miffed I bothered him but hey ho.

Today has been a bad day in some ways and excellent in others. Bad because i've been feeling really bad with the dizziness/weakness today. Had a short walk around Sainsbury's and had to sit down as my vision/dizziness/legs feeling like they're about to buckle kicked in really badly. Excellent however because I bought a doppler last week and it arrived on Friday. I tried to find baby's heartbeat on Friday but just couldn't get the hang of it, but today I found it, chugging away like a train. I think I'm housing an acrobat mind you, it kept moving and I kept losing it...active baby :)

So overally, feel crap but am so happy. Strange old day xx

Back