• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SunnyJ band 25th October 2015

Thanks Tracey , the more the merrier.

First day of proper food today (apart from the fairy cakes I demolished on fri :-( )

I've just had tofu scramble for breakfast with a little slice of pumpernickel bread, on a side plate and using my timer and 20 chews . Not eaten it all but it was lovely :)

Leaving food is really hard too... It wasn't straight after the op, but now I'm feeling a bit better it's getting harder.

Time for the 30 min wait then a big cup of tea. It's strange not drinking whilst eating... I find that odd.

All these new behaviours we have to learn!

Good luck today X

X

I'm so fed up today, I ache everywhere, I'm tired, I'm regretting having the band because I'm too tired to cope with it. I just want to eat what I want until I feel better - I know it won't make me feel better , I think I might be sulking ? this is the feeling I need to cope with! This is the feeling I used to cover up with food THIS is the feeling I need to deal with

It won't kill me it's ok - it's just a feeling, just an emotion- I don't know why I feel like I'm grieving but I don't know what for? For my life before? For me ? I don't know. I'm too tired at the moment to really know.

Sorry I know I might seem over the top.

An old friend many many years ago told me if I didn't stop/ reduce my drinking I'd be a basket case (I stopped drinking). Same goes for food I suppose

Im not eating what I want - I'm in bed.

It'll get better I just need a good cry I think !

I got like this when I couldn't eat as well after the op. I came crashing down from my
High. I sulked as well and regretted getting then band and all that came with it. I got over that week X unfortunately now I can eat I just do.

It's hard to train our minds when we have used food for so long.

I have kept myself busy today by painting my daughters bedroom and have just had a minestrone soup X

Had crumpets and boiled eggs for brekkie so I am doing ok so far today X X

When you feel like this just pop on here and moan X

Sunny - it's the emotional ups and downs. It looks like as they've just left me, they've hit you! Anyway - not being able to eat exactly what we want is a bereavement and we will grieve now and then. It's a loss we absolutely needed though!

All this stuff is emotionally tiring but it'll be so worth it in the long run. Pamper yourself in another way - what else other than food makes you feel good?

Thanks guys. X

It's a good question sundown, I'm not sure if I know anymore! Lol

Nice baths, reading a good book, curling up in bed.

Erm maybe time to find some new things!

So new morning - new day :) and back to work!

I logged most of my food yesterday. Food actual food was always going to be a challenge for me. Im a food addict but I need to remember my intake is drastically lower than it was- even when it feels like loads!

I ate off a side plate (I'm assuming that's what a tea plate is) I ate my protein first - in little bites- chewed 20 times and left 30 secs between each mouthful.

Hope you all have s good day :)

Erm maybe time to find some new things!

Have you tried adult colouring books? Sounds odd - and frankly I was sceptical when I first heard of them - but they really do relax you! If you look at the focus a young kid has when colouring - exactly the same happens when an adult colours (minus the tongue sticking out the side of the mouth in most cases)

Another thing that I do that I find relaxing as it involves a lot of focus is knotwork - I make mats, keyrings and other things for family and friends (and have made a couple of nautical knotwork samplers on commission for money before now which was nice!) I think it's just about trying lots of things and finding what you enjoy :)

I ate off a side plate (I'm assuming that's what a tea plate is) I ate my protein first - in little bites- chewed 20 times and left 30 secs between each mouthful.

Yah. My provider sent me a cardboard plate template and it's the size of a standard side plate :)

I have loads of the colouring books....my fav now is the doodle ones.... no thought needed at all.............. just a black pen and an open mind....... its all part of the mindfulness too.....being in the moment :) I've started to track my weight loss in amongst my doodlings too x x x

Thanks guys :)

I fancy the idea of a colouring book.

I'm feeling much better today :)

Hope you all good X

Doodle colouring books? Never seen them before!

glad you are feeling better hun, we all have good and bad days....but we will deal with them all x

Feeling much better today - do that little sulk seems to over!!

I'm enjoying food now, on a side plate. First fill on Saturday and then back to liquids.

Think I might have to get some new work trousers!! OMG I'm wearing cheap asda size 20 at the mo but it may be time for cheap asda size 18!! They've definitely got room in them!! Lol but maybe not that much room yet... I m wary of getting too excited X

Lots of love to you all and thank you so much for your responses it really helps and I'm so glad I found this forum X X

J X

Wow lady....you are doing amazing it must be an awesome feeling being in normal clothing. Well done. I'm worried as my legs and bum are huge and I can't see me ever being in normal stuff it would always have to be wide leg and size up.

Just get the size 18....then you can try them on once a week until they fit :) ....I did that once when I was still at SW, managed to buy a smaller pair and they fit....tight, but they fit....texted my consultant there and then lol. Nice wee boost :)

Wow lady....you are doing amazing it must be an awesome feeling being in normal clothing. Well done. I'm worried as my legs and bum are huge and I can't see me ever being in normal stuff it would always have to be wide leg and size up.

Thanks beep... I'm the same massive legs n bum .. I've never been able to wear straight skirts or leggings etc

You'll get there lovely :) you will - we all will :)

Just get the size 18....then you can try them on once a week until they fit :) ....I did that once when I was still at SW, managed to buy a smaller pair and they fit....tight, but they fit....texted my consultant there and then lol. Nice wee boost :)

Now that's an idea Mrs B :) I might just do that ... I have jeans like that in the wardrobe that I've insisted on keeping for years because they would fit one day lol (I've genuinely never worn them yet). I'm a bit far off those yet though... They're next size 18 lol. I have one pair which fit but the others don't.

I like the idea of getting smaller work trousers. I've lost 3 stone since Xmas and I had to buy these size 20 because the Evans size 22 and size 20 pear were at last too big!! Yay X

Me too. Huge legs, always have been (my nickname at school was tree-trunks!) the positive side is that being bottom heavy gives the illusion of looking thinner. I'm just over a stone over normal bmi (size 14 bottom & 12 top) & everyone tells me I don't need to loose any more as I look thin. I don't see it though, so still trying to loose a stone, hopefully off my legs!

I love those pear fit jeans they are a must

Yeah mine was too em :-( I can't wait to be a size 14 lol if ever!! Well done X X

Yep beep I have about 4 pairs!! Lol X

Back