• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Raw Truth from the start

hubby and i went to tesco`s for our monthly weight in and he`s lost 1 1/2 stone in two months very proud of him i weigh myself on sat but im doing good......

well i weight myself today and iv put on 1/2 lb so iv looked at my food this week and iv been eating about 1200 cals a day so iv taken it down to 1100 .lets see if that make any difference.

Bella how r u doing after your x ray fill?

Hi Mimi :)

They sent me to a private hospital in London on Wednesday and everything went fine. The staff and doctor were lovely and he found my port with no problems at all and said the placement is fine there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. So it is still a mystery why they could not find it monday. My theory is they kept asking me to bend forward so when I do that it disappears deeper into my skin, when I lie normally in bed, straight out the port is right there. I mean I can feel the circle it is that close to the skin and I can see it, it literally bumps out through my skin.
The barium fluid tasted fine it was like liquid refreshers :) and he gave me a 5ml fill. I had liquids that day then mushies the next, no restriction and yesterday had chicken and rice for dinner again no restriction. But I don't really expect to untill over 7mls anyway. The nurse on Monday explained all that really well. So there we go, saga over...well until I go for my next fill that is ;)

Pleased you had your fill, and congratulations on the weight loss for the second week running :D

Hi Bella

If it helps I am having a similar experience in terms of restriction. My first full took me up to 6ml and I've not really felt much of a difference. Both hubby and I agree that I am eating a lot less but it's def not v small portions. I have my 2nd fill on Monday with THG and I am hoping to go up to 7ml and get closer (or hit) my sweet spot. I've lost just over 2 stone now and feeling good but the penny has dropped that this is for the long term and isn't an immediate fix. Aaaahhhhh!

THG told me at the time of the op that the first fill wouldn't be with an X-ray but it sounds like different people are getting different messages! They desperately need to reissue that patient care book - I've had completely different info to the literature. My experience has been really good so I hope it gets better for you with the post op care.

Will keep reading your diary!

Jo

Hi Michelle, Thank you :) Yup no matter what has happened I am still plugging away at it. I am not using food as an emotional crutch any more and I think that is huge for me. After my disaster on Monday I was so upset but I did not run to sugar for comfort and trust me I was stressed to the max! So if I can get through that and still stick with it I am pretty confident for the future. It will work if I work with it, be relaxed and not stressed, it will happen it cannot be forced but it has to be helped. The band is my tool not my miracle cure ;D

Hi Bella

If it helps I am having a similar experience in terms of restriction. My first full took me up to 6ml and I've not really felt much of a difference. Both hubby and I agree that I am eating a lot less but it's def not v small portions. I have my 2nd fill on Monday with THG and I am hoping to go up to 7ml and get closer (or hit) my sweet spot. I've lost just over 2 stone now and feeling good but the penny has dropped that this is for the long term and isn't an immediate fix. Aaaahhhhh!

THG told me at the time of the op that the first fill wouldn't be with an X-ray but it sounds like different people are getting different messages! They desperately need to reissue that patient care book - I've had completely different info to the literature. My experience has been really good so I hope it gets better for you with the post op care.

Will keep reading your diary!

Jo

Thanks Jo, but I did not get an xray fill because it was my first fill it was because when I went for my first fill the clinic could not locate my port. So an xray was the only option. I had a traumatic time of it but when I got my xray fill the Doc told me there was nothing wrong with my port and I got my first fill of 5mls in my 14ml band.
However at the clinic the nurse did explain that I would not feel restriction till after 8mls but even then it could take more up to 11mls. I am only eating small portions on my own anyway, I am not waiting for restriction to ''restric'' my diet.
I use myfitnesspal and it is great ''Michelle'' recommended it and it is a must. It counts all your cals, carbs, fat and protien for you and if you do excercise say 15mins on a bike it gives you extra calories. It keeps me in check. Even with restriction its not about me eating less its just about feeling fuller sooner and for longer, I have worked that out now. I feel the band is only 30% of the solution the other 70% is down to me. :)

PS this is not my diary, its Mimi's but thank you anyway ;)

bella great to here your port is ok.good going on your weight loss for 2nd week .

Thank you Mimi :)

Well I'm starting to wain eaten crisp and chocolate today.iv lost no weight for last two weeks ,thought I had but havnt .since my op 7 weeks ago iv lost only 8lbs not even after having my fill did I lose weight.really really peedoff .

Last edited:
mimi42 said:
Well I'm starting to wain eaten crisp and chocolate today.iv lost no weight for last two weeks ,thought I had but havnt .since my op 7 weeks ago iv lost only 8lbs not even after having my fill did I lose weight.really really peedoff .

If you know why (ie the crisps n chocolate) then at least when you're ready to get back to it you know what to cut out. Plenty of protein n low carbs is the key 70/70 rule...70g of protein or more but no more than 70g of carbs...can you do it????
Get this done n blasted, come on Mimi, im willing you on :)

Thanks Jo yeah back on it now.how much exercise did you do.I'm doing an hour a day walking /light jog.

mimi42 said:
Thanks Jo yeah back on it now.how much exercise did you do.I'm doing an hour a day walking /light jog.

Oh not an hour that's for sure. 20min jog on treadmill each day, that was enough for me (yawn)! Lol!

Got another fill on Friday hoping this will help with restriction .
Been good this weekend been watching my protein and carbs .

as you can see from my ticker i have lost 2lbs in the last two weeks so its at least still going in the right direction.

mimi42 said:
as you can see from my ticker i have lost 2lbs in the last two weeks so its at least still going in the right direction.

Keep at it mimi!

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Well done Mimi, 2lbs is a great loss. Good luck with your fill tomorrow :)

Mimi do you know what size and and initial fill you had?

I've got mr sigurdsson next month x

Is this your first or second fill that your getting tomorrow?

Good luck x

Back