• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Raw Truth from the start

Hiya, I'm here, still no baby, got two weeks left but was at hospital today and they are going to induce me anytime from next wed. They checked to see if they could do it this weekend but I'm nowhere near ready. And I'm moving house tomorrow so the timing is not great. Other than that all is well.you are doing great mimi!

will look forward to the pictures,best of luck.lola

Went into primark and brought a cardi in size 14 wow.
Weight today 12.13 again that means the 2lbs I put on last weekend off plus an extra 1lb.
Hope it stays at below the 13s.

Its my 1st anniversary tomorrow but we have no electric all day so iv put it on today.
Iv lost 4 stone and 4 lb in a year.

Mimi just to let you know (and anyone else who asked) I had baby eve violet on Sunday 30th June at 4.27pm weighing 7lb2oz. She's a little stunner and worth every second she took to finally get here! Born 1 year two weeks post op!! What a difference a year makes. Hope to get back on the band wagon in the next couple of months as I weigh more now than pre op! (Well I might not now I've had her as I've not been weighed since having her as I've had to stay in hospital as they had concerns over my bp dropping post birth but I'm fine. Hopefully home in a couple of days!) x

Attachments

• image-528209913.jpg
    image-528209913.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 42
Lola she is beautiful well done .hope your home soon and enjoy every minute its so worth everything .many many congratulations.xxxxxxx.

Its my 1st anniversary tomorrow but we have no electric all day so iv put it on today.
Iv lost 4 stone and 4 lb in a year.

Well done mimi x

My baby girl who's 16 had her prom tonight and she looked beautiful.I'm very proud of her.

Lovely story and such positivity for both you and Lola.

Congrats.

Thank you summerband.
Last night was my daughters prom and a few of the girls met at one of theirs house I haven't seen some of these parents for a long time not since I was bigger and not one of them said anything about my weight.
Now I no you don't expect them to be as excited as yourself but to not even comment on the fact I v lost 4 1/2 stone made me feel a bit down I had even got myself all dressed up in my most flattering clothes.

Thank you summerband.
Last night was my daughters prom and a few of the girls met at one of theirs house I haven't seen some of these parents for a long time not since I was bigger and not one of them said anything about my weight.
Now I no you don't expect them to be as excited as yourself but to not even comment on the fact I v lost 4 1/2 stone made me feel a bit down I had even got myself all dressed up in my most flattering clothes.

I feel for you and know exactly how you felt. We went to a family party some months ago, I'd seen them all 2 months before my surgery at my heaviest and then when i saw them at this party I'd lost 6 stone. Not one person, not one person said anything, not even my Dad (who doesn't know about the surgery, in fact none of them do!)

I felt deflated, I had begun to really notice a difference, wear different clothes, more fitted clothes, and it was a real knock to the confidence.

Over time I began to see parents from my sons primary school and now they'd move up to seniors we no longer saw them so they would see massive changes. One woman stopped me and commented and said she felt uncomfortable commenting on the fact I'd lost so much weight, but she wanted to comment to let me know how great I looked. I think a lot of people are too scared to say anything in case it may cause offence or embarrass the person but I do think they genuinely notice.

My sons physio today said "My you look so trim" and then said "But I didnt know whether to say anything"

I think people are just frightened too, but I certainly relate to how you felt and how it makes you feel . . .

I can see that point aswell maybe they think you might be ill and don't want to draw attention to it.
Thank you I'm glad I'm not the only one who feel they need a compliment now and then.
Its good encouragement .

I told my sister today about my band,when she asked why I hadn't told her before I said I didn't want them to think I was cheating and she said yes but it is....

If its worked for you don't worry what other people think. We all know it's not cheating. Its hard work ... darn right you have done good mimi ... a big congratulations from me xxx

Thank u.

I think other heavy people find it easier to comment on weight loss than skinny or average people. So perhaps that is why some dont know what to say.

I am shocked that you were told it is cheating...it is ridiculous. I think being banded is brave. It is a useful tool but seriously there is no way it is "cheating", because it is not an easy option. All options are tough, it is just this way has more chance of working!

The word cheating to me implies that there is some kind of competition! I think making an expensive, painful and life changing choice to get yourself healthy is something for others to congratulate us on...but not so with many it seems.

And smokers who use nicotine patches etc aren't cheats ?! Oh the double standards!

Thank u.
Jo my sisters husband used the tablets to stop smoking a few weeks ago but like u say I bet she doesn't think he "cheated"just needed a bit of help.

Another lb off this wk seems to be the norm now lb a wk .but better than nothing.12.12.

Back