• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

tummy tuck and lipo

Sian744

Sian xx

Sian744

Week 3 **update with photos*

heya everyone

just updating again my post on my tummy tuck......

today is exactly 3 weeks since i have had it done- doesnt seem like that long ago. Scar is healing really well- using Bio oil only 1 a day but have noticed skin on tummy is very dry so am now using oil 2 times a day. I am still needing to use pillows esp for support if sleeping on side as scar hurts. Still taking Arnica- nearly finished 2nd capsule (30c) and won't be taking them after this 1 has finished.

I returned back to the gym today- Taking it VERY EASY.... walkling on a running machine and going slow on a bike....was told this was ok and i can fully return to gym at 6 weeks....

I did feel a bit achy around the middle front of belly whilst i was walking on the treadmill but other then that i coped pretty well considering i haven't been for about a month.

Have got another 1.5 to 2 stones to lose.... and will be returning to Cambridge diet as soon as i am allowed to.

anyways...here are some updated photos in normal underwear...i am still wearing my corset though but put normal underwear on for pics.

pic from front before and this morning.......

p2611071038mc4.jpg
p250208093801mw3.jpg

and from side
p2611071039fa2.jpg

p2502080938or5.jpg

and a few others closer up of scar etc from front side and back- you can just make out the scar from the view at the back- was interesting also to me as i obvs don't see myself from that view usually.

p2502080941gj9.jpg
p250208094101fl9.jpg

side

p2502080942yq9.jpg

and

belly button now

p2502081347lo3.jpg

Sian xx

Sambucca

wow sian. im lost for words. the transformation from your before pics to your now pics is incredible. you must be feeling fantastic.

Your story is really helping me and im now 90% sure that I want a TT after my weight loss

Sambucca

how are you getting on Sian?

Hi Sian
i hope you are well.
i hada tummy tuck over a year a go and my stomach is still numb but lovely and flat. i went back to the gym after 3 weeks but was too soon i think i got an infection in my tummy button, but that was cleard up after one week.
i then took it easy and did the mini sit ups that doc gave me which helped and just walked for miles it was soo good wearing jeand and dresses. once the swell goes down you'll be even more amazed. i have pics too and still can't believe ive done it, good luck with the healing.

chere

JustJo

Cambridge Counsellor
Wow, Sian - it looks as though your scar is healing exceptionally well! I'm grateful to you for showing us pics of the actual scar, as that's usually the bit that gets covered up in 'before and after' pics!

The flatness of your tummy now is amazing. You must be very pleased. :)

I've enquired with quite a few places about prices, etc, and it would seem that Spire Healthcare (formerly Bupa) and BMI Healthcare are a bit cheaper than the purely 'cosmetic' companies, such as Transform, etc. I have also enquired about the cost of a thigh lift, as my skin there is saggy too. A thigh lift has a similar cost as a tummy tuck, but I have read a lot about them not being as successful.

Anyhow, i'm biding my time at the moment, as I can't see it being do-able until the summer hols - i'm a teacher, so the recovery time would probably be best saved for the six week holiday. I'd feel bad about taking the time off, as it would affect the kids and my staff (I teach disabled children, and have a lot of assistants in my classroom) - plus, i'm not sure of the protocol for taking time off work for a 'non-essential' operation!

Jo x

Sian744

Heya all

here i am at nearly 4 weeks post op and things are much improved......

my scar is looking really good now... i bought not only bio oil but BOOTS do a product in their expert range called scar serum and it's fab!!

Will try and get some piccies to show how good it is looking.... so neat :)

I do get the odd pull at 1 side of my scar (internal) feel quite wierd...must be how they repaired it.... so will mention it to thr consultant at follow up appt.

Another problem i have noticed is my skin is really really dry under the corset....its flaky...i moisturise daily but it's not helping..... may need to do it more then 1 a day x

that's all for now- am off to enjoy my mothers day :D

Sian xx

ps Jo my son is Autistic - and as you know kids need routine and i think they would miss their teacher if she took time off - summer sounds perfect....moe recovery time for you x

JustJo

Cambridge Counsellor
I've heard about that scar serum before. It's certainly worth doing everything you can - if your scar's looking good, I expect it'll be barely noticable a year down the line!

Three of the seven children in my class are severely autistic, so, as you say, thrive on routine. I'd be loathe to affect them for being off work for a long period of time.

Enjoy Mother's Day. :)

Jo x

I am 6 mo. post op
it just gets better and better
you look great !!!!!!!!!!!
I just booked arm lift and thight lift for June
you get hooked.
I am going on holiday next month and I am wear a 2 pc swimming suit [ 1st time in my life , Im 46 and I look great ]
watch the gym too soon , I dont trust all the Drs.
my DR had me wait 3 mo. and he said to go slow then . its too soon to work you abs. take it slow for now.
XXXXXXX
Susan

Bea

So worth the pounds!!
Sian....thanks so much for sharing these with us...they are amazing.....and a real help to other considering the op....

Sian744

I am 6 mo. post op
it just gets better and better
you look great !!!!!!!!!!!
I just booked arm lift and thight lift for June
you get hooked.
I am going on holiday next month and I am wear a 2 pc swimming suit [ 1st time in my life , Im 46 and I look great ]
watch the gym too soon , I dont trust all the Drs.
my DR had me wait 3 mo. and he said to go slow then . its too soon to work you abs. take it slow for now.
XXXXXXX
Susan

oooo how exciting for you.... you do gbet addicted...i would love an arm lift but can't afford it for now......

we are going on holiday in may and i can't wait to wear a 2 piece swimsuit :D

As for gym- i am not doing any ab work at all- am only using running machine @ walking slow speed and doing arm exercises.

but now you are scaring me.... :( i just feel so helpless and plus i miss the gym x

Sian xx

Sambucca

Sian744

thanks for asking love

i am doing really well

returned fully to the gym and my god that was hard- so unfit lol

still wearing corset day and night.... and will do til i see consultant on the 1st april..... i know it's over the reccomended time but the longer you have it on the better the results.... plus i feel safe with it on as so used to it.

Scar is healing very well bar 1 or 2 prob tiny areas which are now healing due to bio oil and a lil sudocreme.....

able to get into size 14's now due to swelling going down a bit and dieting.

However....scar and a few other areas- top of my left leg front are still numb :sigh: i know its meant to be normal but it feel so wierd as i can't even feel when my trousers fall down lol :eek:

thanks again for asking and will update again when i have seen consultant

Sian xx

Sian744

**update** pics to follow

Heya

everyone

havent forgotten about this thread- just not had much to update :eek:

but last week i saw the surgeon and he said Scar is healing well- scar still red so suggested a cream- but at £25 for a small tube i am yet to order it- have been using bio oil since the beginning though.

He also said slight asymmetry to tummy area- but then i had ALOT of skin to remove.

He said he wants me to lose another 1/2 stone and to come back and see him in 4 months :rolleyes::eek::confused::(

in the meantime am off on a most looked forward to holiday/treat to Egypt but must cover up my scar at ALL times due to sun damage on a new scar.

Will take some more updated pics this weekend at some point. x

Sian xx

Sambucca

great to hear from you sian. been wondering how you were doing.

glad to hear the scar is healing well. from what ive read it can take a long time for things to settle down so i wouldnt worry too much about any asymetry at the moment.

enjoy your hols xx

letmeout

Glad it's going well Sian. Looking forward to seeing your photo's.
You have done very well keeping your corset on and getting back to the gym- hope you have a really wonderful holiday
xxxx

JustJo

Cambridge Counsellor
Hiya, Sian - it's good to hear from you on here!

You must be doing well if you're back at the gym! Do you feel as though your mobility is getting back to normal yet?

Remember that you're still in the early days, and your scar will settle in time. Some more pics would be great, when you have time.

Have a wonderful holiday!

Jo x