• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins...Kirsty's journey to a sleeve!!

I got so happy when I received a letter in the post yesterday with the Heartlands logo on... I couldn't open it fast enough! In this case, all it was, was a letter asking for my bank details so they could reimburse my traveling expenses as I'm taking part in the by-band study.
Felt so deflated lol

I saw dr today he's given the go ahead sent me for preop bloods and booked me to see anesatist I decided to ask if there were any backlogs or delays n how long the waiting list was to which he replied once ur bloods are took today they r only good for 6 weeks the anesatist should see u in a couple of weeks u will have had surgery before May is out. I don't know if they are working faster with me because I have another medical condition or what but I'd ring n ask bout dates again Hun x

I saw dr today he's given the go ahead sent me for preop bloods and booked me to see anesatist I decided to ask if there were any backlogs or delays n how long the waiting list was to which he replied once ur bloods are took today they r only good for 6 weeks the anesatist should see u in a couple of weeks u will have had surgery before May is out. I don't know if they are working faster with me because I have another medical condition or what but I'd ring n ask bout dates again Hun x
great news

Hi all sorry for not replying iv been tryin to put it all to back of my mind. Yh i have seen anesatist and had pre op tests. They said that if my op isnt with the 6 weeks they will jus call me in to repeat bloods. Im literally waiting on a date. The woman who does appointments keeps sayin she behind with clinics. Im gna call agen tuesday she will prob tell me same as always tho.

Kirsty xx

Its actually been 6 weeks an 2 days since my pre op tests now they are now expired. Im gna call tomorrow or tuesday an see if they got a date for me yet an tell her i need to repeat pre op bloods. I really cant believe how slow and poorly handled this last bit has been how can it take 6 weeks to actually give someone a date this woman is **** at her job lol. Added months onto my journey.

Kirsty xx

That's exactly what happened to me Kirsty. I had the swabs and blood tests but not date. So I had to repeat them all. It was 8 weeks after the first test hat I got a date. And the date was 3-4 weeks away. So new blood tests were repeated. Sadly when the repeated my swabs they then decided there was MRSA in my ruddy nose. So they cancelled my op the day before. So it was the most frustrating time. My first pre op swan was in February and my op was June in the end. Now it's all forgotten but at the time I was beyond frustrated and stressed to hell. Cancelling the day before was the lowest point. So all I am disclosing is that this is not uncommon there!!! So with luck - a date will be soon. X

So i called the hospital today and i have a date for 27th june. Im glad i have a date but im gutted its 12 weeks away. Cant believe how far it is. I told her that if anyone turns down their dates i will b happy to have an earlier one. Hopefully gets brought forward but for now its monday 27th june.

Kirsty xx

Good news ! That time will fly by ..
Xxxx

A date is a huge step forward honey. You can get Whitsun out of the way and then start LRD. You can ensure you have your pre op at end of May so if there are any nasties they can treat them and it not impact on your surgery.

Means you have a good 6 weeks to have you last big girls trip here and there. I had about 10 places to visit to have one last hurrah. It felt good to go and say - I won't be back but I've loved you!!!!

So whilst not ideal - having a date is like having that anchor. You can work now towards it. 11 more Sunday's and you will be post op! Xxxxx

I know an i am truely grateful i have a date its just im goin through a really tough time atm and having this op will hopefully help ease some of my pain and stress. June isnt that far away i suppose and i will b keeping my fingers crossed for a cancellation.

Kirsty xx

I know an i am truely grateful i have a date its just im goin through a really tough time atm and having this op will hopefully help ease some of my pain and stress. June isnt that far away i suppose and i will b keeping my fingers crossed for a cancellation. Kirsty xx
My op was June 2015 as you know and it meant I wasn't horrendous during the school holidays. I took kid mom holiday in May for a few days. So cancellation aside - even if it ends up as the current scheduled date - good luck. I am sorry life has thrown you a few curved balls and you have some stress and pain in to deal with right now. In the long term my sleeve dealt with the many of mine. Though short term it was not the best anti anxiety procedure I have to admit ???

Brilliant you finally gave a date Kirsty. I know it seems ages away but those weeks will fly by, just stay focused xx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Congrats on getting your date Kirsty! Chin up hon, despite the odds there's now a light at the end of the tunnel. Hope it all goes well from this point on xx

That's brilliant new Kirsty I was first seen last August and to date no date. Called them and they told me I have only been on the waiting list three months (three months feels like a lifetime when your waiting for surgery) but as soon as they have a date they will let me know. Look at it this way things are speeding up and I know what you mean about the pain, I have them every day and all I can think of is please call me! I have not been there - I am there lol - seriously I am well please you now have a date with plenty of time to get everything into perspective that you want mentally and physically :)

Great news Kirsty you finally have your date for surgery, it will be here before you know it x

UPDATE!!
So yesterday the hospital called and my sugery has been bought forward to the 8th of june an i start my pre op diet in 3 weeks on 18th may. I only have 3 weeks of normal left and for the first time in my journey im scared. Iv wanted this for so long and i cant wait to feel slimmer and healthier and maybe even more normal but im really scared about the op and how life after will be. I suppose this fear is normal and everyone has it. My life will change for the better its just a very big, good, exciting, and scary change.

Kirsty xx

Congratulations Kirsty, I bet you feel made up x

Back