• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins...Kirsty's journey to a sleeve!!

Great how much left to loose now your on a roll you will be excited to see results on Friday now your very dedicated Kirsty most people would take the day off their diet for their birthday so good on ya xx

8lb to target now with jus over 4 weeks to go so looks like im on track to hit target. With my bday bein day before weigh in if i go for a meal will spoil it so gna go for a curry on friday as my bday treat and wont b worried about the scales so can relax and the kids wanna make me a cake so iv said cup cakes instead of a big cake less calories haha. Im dedicated to my new life and if i want that life i need to change my current life. How you gettin on xx

8lb to target now with jus over 4 weeks to go so looks like im on track to hit target. With my bday bein day before weigh in if i go for a meal will spoil it so gna go for a curry on friday as my bday treat and wont b worried about the scales so can relax and the kids wanna make me a cake so iv said cup cakes instead of a big cake less calories haha. Im dedicated to my new life and if i want that life i need to change my current life. How you gettin on xx

You will hit the target very soon then you will want the appointments to fly in like me I wanted it to go slow when I was trying to hit target then once i hit it I was eager to get the appointments over I'm actually bored of waiting nothings happening lol just can't Believe In 2 weeks time I should be on that list then my arse will drop Haha xx

Having a tough day today feeling a little down think its cuz im bored and not been feeling well. Jus feeling a little lonely. On a plus not im not comfort eating lol still staying strong xx

Having a tough day today feeling a little down think its cuz im bored and not been feeling well. Jus feeling a little lonely. On a plus not im not comfort eating lol still staying strong xx

You know I'm here for a chat anytime you like to try and make it not as boring for you lol your still not well bess you hope you get well soon and a big well done for staying strong xx

You know I'm here for a chat anytime you like to try and make it not as boring for you lol your still not well bess you hope you get well soon and a big well done for staying strong xx

Thanks. Iv been king fisher shoppinh centre with the hubby for an hour was nice to get out the house. My tummy has settles down but iv been getting migraines and dizzy spells last week n half started a new tablet for my arthritis and its giving me severe migraines, blurred vision and feeling dizzy n faint went gp this morning and he said to try stick it out till the weekend see if the symptoms stop.

Kirsty xx

Thanks. Iv been king fisher shoppinh centre with the hubby for an hour was nice to get out the house. My tummy has settles down but iv been getting migraines and dizzy spells last week n half started a new tablet for my arthritis and its giving me severe migraines, blurred vision and feeling dizzy n faint went gp this morning and he said to try stick it out till the weekend see if the symptoms stop. Kirsty xx

Hope you're feeling a bit better soon Kirsty. I recall the pregablin I had for my fibromyalgia really knocking me about at first. It's bizarre how much new meds can throw you off kilter. Take care xxx

Hiya I posted last week saying I had first appointment today well I went it went well apparently they allowed me to skip a couple of stages today I saw mr Andrews who discussed my options n took some notes the bariatric nurse who went into more detail about the 3 procedures and mr matiz? Or something like that the surgeon who told me what I knew that I'm best with a sleeve ran through the complications and told me my next appt could take a few weeks but it's going to be another double with the dietician and psychologist I think the fact I've recently seen my mum have a bypass at a different hospital reassured them I have put a load of thought into it but he said after that appointment it's pre op diet n anethatist ( I can't spell) but we were joking how my mums bypass as done in 5 months from first appt to surgery n me matiz said very seriously if he doesn't beat that he will be incredibly disappointed all in all a very productive day :)

U must be close to me then Kirsty I'm Wolverhampton heading towards willenhall sorta area

Hiya I posted last week saying I had first appointment today well I went it went well apparently they allowed me to skip a couple of stages today I saw mr Andrews who discussed my options n took some notes the bariatric nurse who went into more detail about the 3 procedures and mr matiz? Or something like that the surgeon who told me what I knew that I'm best with a sleeve ran through the complications and told me my next appt could take a few weeks but it's going to be another double with the dietician and psychologist I think the fact I've recently seen my mum have a bypass at a different hospital reassured them I have put a load of thought into it but he said after that appointment it's pre op diet n anethatist ( I can't spell) but we were joking how my mums bypass as done in 5 months from first appt to surgery n me matiz said very seriously if he doesn't beat that he will be incredibly disappointed all in all a very productive day :) U must be close to me then Kirsty I'm Wolverhampton heading towards willenhall sorta area

Sounds like you went well at Walsall manor today. Do you mean Dr Mirza in relation to the surgery? He and Dr Khan are the consultants and Dr Hartland is the general bariatric doctor in clinic. The nurse may have been Anna? And the dietician is a nice lady called Georgia. Dave Kendrick is the psychiatric guy and he is lovely - no tricks and very down to earth! Sounds like you will be flying. I was referred there in September 2014. First appointment was January 2015 and my sleeve was in June - hope everything goes smoothly.

Hiya I posted last week saying I had first appointment today well I went it went well apparently they allowed me to skip a couple of stages today I saw mr Andrews who discussed my options n took some notes the bariatric nurse who went into more detail about the 3 procedures and mr matiz? Or something like that the surgeon who told me what I knew that I'm best with a sleeve ran through the complications and told me my next appt could take a few weeks but it's going to be another double with the dietician and psychologist I think the fact I've recently seen my mum have a bypass at a different hospital reassured them I have put a load of thought into it but he said after that appointment it's pre op diet n anethatist ( I can't spell) but we were joking how my mums bypass as done in 5 months from first appt to surgery n me matiz said very seriously if he doesn't beat that he will be incredibly disappointed all in all a very productive day :)

U must be close to me then Kirsty I'm Wolverhampton heading towards willenhall sorta area

Wow thats all great news. Can i ask a little about your process? Have you done a tier 3 programe did they set you a weight loss target? Im seeing pyschiatrist 20th november then surgeon, pre op and anesatist then pre op diet. They told me a 6-8 month wait but seems to moving faster than that xx

Sounds like you went well at Walsall manor today. Do you mean Dr Mirza in relation to the surgery? He and Dr Khan are the consultants and Dr Hartland is the general bariatric doctor in clinic. The nurse may have been Anna? And the dietician is a nice lady called Georgia. Dave Kendrick is the psychiatric guy and he is lovely - no tricks and very down to earth! Sounds like you will be flying. I was referred there in September 2014. First appointment was January 2015 and my sleeve was in June - hope everything goes smoothly.

Debs do u know who mr andrews is? Xx

Nope. The guy who discussed my options and my 5 chums who are also Walsall sleevers/bypassers 2015 was called and Hartland. He is the resident bariatric unit doctor and does pre op and post op. He is the guy hat explains the procedures - and usually follows the nurse Anna who has already explained each op. He is lovely.

Nope. The guy who discussed my options and my 5 chums who are also Walsall sleevers/bypassers 2015 was called and Hartland. He is the resident bariatric unit doctor and does pre op and post op. He is the guy hat explains the procedures - and usually follows the nurse Anna who has already explained each op. He is lovely.

Yh dr hartland is the one i saw along with anna and georgia xx

Yeah that's it dr Mirza, saw Anna and spoke to Georgia but have to wait for a proper appointment with her it's took 9 months to get the initial appointment with them ( they kept rearranging )

Wow thats all great news. Can i ask a little about your process? Have you done a tier 3 programe did they set you a weight loss target? Im seeing pyschiatrist 20th november then surgeon, pre op and anesatist then pre op diet. They told me a 6-8 month wait but seems to moving faster than that xx

I did tier 3 with my gp and they were satisfied with that so they said were just going for stage four they r grouping up my appointments to get them done quicker I've been told before next appointment ( they said expect about a 12 week wait so I'm thinking January ) they want me to try and lose as much as possible with a goal of 2lb a week so around 24 lb, I did ask about what the waiting list was like and he said that compared to how busy it was last year it's much better apparently last year they were saying 9-10 months between referral to surgery but the way things are at the moment they r doing between 5-7 months wait n edging closer towards the 5 and apparently that's because they are making it harder to get referred to them and gps are having to try more methods before referral n it's helping more people before they get to the stage of needing the surgery

:birthday::bday::party0049:

well done on the weight loss i think you've done really well . given me a kick up the bum haha xxx

have a great day ! this is the last big birthday you will have , next birthday you will be spending it a lot slimmer!! lol can't believe how far you've gotten in your diary swear you only started it the other day x

I did tier 3 with my gp and they were satisfied with that so they said were just going for stage four they r grouping up my appointments to get them done quicker I've been told before next appointment ( they said expect about a 12 week wait so I'm thinking January ) they want me to try and lose as much as possible with a goal of 2lb a week so around 24 lb, I did ask about what the waiting list was like and he said that compared to how busy it was last year it's much better apparently last year they were saying 9-10 months between referral to surgery but the way things are at the moment they r doing between 5-7 months wait n edging closer towards the 5 and apparently that's because they are making it harder to get referred to them and gps are having to try more methods before referral n it's helping more people before they get to the stage of needing the surgery

I never had to do tier 3 but i had worked for many years with my gl using medication and diets. I didnt see a surgeon at my first appointment but did see the dietician she set me a target to lose 1 stone. I was told i would have to wait till after xmas for next appointment but it then came through for 20th november so sooner than they said and iv had my group education session also. They said once we get past psychiatris its quite fast so im hoping i get the OK from mr kendrick. Keep me posted on your next appointment dates they may be sooner than u think.

Kirsty xx

:birthday::bday::party0049:

well done on the weight loss i think you've done really well . given me a kick up the bum haha xxx

have a great day ! this is the last big birthday you will have , next birthday you will be spending it a lot slimmer!! lol can't believe how far you've gotten in your diary swear you only started it the other day x

Glad to have you back summer. Hows your journey going i cant remember did they set u a weight loss target. Iv got 4 weeks till my next appointment i cant wait. Iv really worked hard to follow dieticians advice iv changed my eating habbits and lifestyle instead of jus going on a diet and its been going pretty well. Im nervous for weigh in tomorrow morning tho as iv had bday cake tonight lol. Will see what the scales say in the morning.

Kirsty xx

Well only 1lb loss this week. Little dissapointed iv been gd all week only bad thing was a thin slice of bday cake last night. Didnt go for a bday meal or even have a glass of wine. Never mind its still a loss i suppose jus gna have to work even harder this week. 4 weeks to shift 9lb gba b hard xx

Well only 1lb loss this week. Little dissapointed iv been gd all week only bad thing was a thin slice of bday cake last night. Didnt go for a bday meal or even have a glass of wine. Never mind its still a loss i suppose jus gna have to work even harder this week. 4 weeks to shift 9lb gba b hard xx

Well done on the loss Kirsty any loss is brilliant and well done on staying strong not having wine or brithday meal not sure what day your birthday is/was but happy birthday hope you have/had a good one hunger has been a problem for me the past week I could eat a horse don't know what's up with me but I've stayed strong xx

Well done on the loss Kirsty any loss is brilliant and well done on staying strong not having wine or brithday meal not sure what day your birthday is/was but happy birthday hope you have/had a good one hunger has been a problem for me the past week I could eat a horse don't know what's up with me but I've stayed strong xx

Thank you it was my bday yesterday. Only thing this week is i havent drank enough water so this week i need to get back on yrack with that. I find if im hungry a hot drink helps a doctor told me that years ago. Stay strong you have come so far and done so well. Not long now xx

Back