• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins...Kirsty's journey to a sleeve!!

Those lolly sticks are a great idea in this hot weather; keeps your hands busy too so helps with the 'head hunger' iykwim

Iv managed some sugar free jelly only a quarter of a pot tho so stuck the rest bak in the fridge for later. Gotta have the last bit of my protein shake now. Gna go bed about 10 agen hopefully get a good nights sleep. Im looking forward to tomorrow an the days to come cuz i seem to feel much better every day so hopefully soon will fell almost normal.

Kirsty xx

It's bit by bit slowly does it Kirsty and it gets better. I am 11 days out and feel no pain now. I am improving my intake everyday although each day is different, I can unexpectedly feel sick and close up for the day at any moment but I just keep patient with myself and stick at it knowing it will get better and now I am getting over my fear of getting dehydrated too, it's easier. Well done, you're getting there. :)

Im thinking about having some soup in a bit im worried about having somethin hot case it burns my stomach. Obviously i wont eat anythin boiling haha im jus weary of warm food. 90% of what iv had so far has been cold stuff. I had one of those ice lollies earlier and it was a lovely treat an went down quite nicely so i think they will b a firm favourite. Can try different flavours of nas squash as well for them. My glands on left side of neck are swollen an iv got a sore throat still. I havent yet opened my bowels. I usually only go like once a week anyway but have to use a laxative. Hospital said not to use my usual laxative as its too strong i need to see gp an get somethin else. Im gna call go tomorrow. The wind is getting better slowly. I managed to sleep from like 11pm-6am i woke up a few times but didnt get out of bed so was a better night. I did vommit last night tho just before bed but been ok so far today.

Kirsty xx

How long since you've been ? I panic if I don't go everyday !
Sounds like your doing pretty well otherwise lovely and coping ..
Mindy
Xxx

Well done you! 5 days out now. I was better with warm drinks and watery soup than cold weak squash and milk? You may be pleasantly surprised. Liquids is the priority as dehydration is the enemy and even worse if it's warm weather. I slept on and off through the day for the first few days. I think the body likes to heal at its own pace. When awake I tried to walk about to deal with the wind. Like you, drinking when standing upright helped so much. I had a cup with a straw on the go all the time. The vile Vitamin drops made me sick every day for 3 weeks solid. Dry foamy yuch. Otherwise it wasn't too bad. How you getting on with the two clexane injections each day honey? Thinking of you. I promise it gets better xx

Last edited:
Quick question will update prolerly later. How long after surgery shud i drive. I may have to drive on day 8 but i feel thats too soon. When was it for everyone else xx

My GP ok'd me to drive when I saw him on day 5. Suggested short journeys which was all I needed. My insurance company (direct line) were fine about me driving whenever medical support was obtained. The team at Walsall said my gp was best placed to see how I was coping. I guess I was lucky. Some were much later I know xxx

Thanks debs. Im doing ok with injections they usually dont hurt but the odd one stings lol i managed the vitamin drops yesterday ok i usually have them later on in the day. Im not having the paracetamol anymore stopped that after saturday. Im in some discomfort but im getting on with it. Probably tmi but iv opened my bowels today for the first time. And didnt use laxatives in the ends. Maybe i will feel a little better now iv been to the toilet. Getting there slowly i think by end of week i b bak to myself. Im managing light house work and a little bit of cooking yesterday although even the smallest chores really take it out of me. Probably doing too much but i dont have much choice.

Kirsty xx

Iv jus ate some soup. I have been trying the weight watchers soups as they are small cans. By time i pass the liquid through the sieve there is about 200ml of soup so i split it in half and put the rest in the fridge. I enjoyed it but didnt manage the whole 100ml left about 4 tsps as my tummy started makin funny noises so i thought it was trying to tell me id had enough. My diet consists of nas squash, nas jelly which took me 3 day to eat 1 small pot haha, milk, protein shake and some soup. Im getting more confident with trying things.
Get lots of gurgling a wind especially when i have anythin im guessing thats normal tho.

Kirsty xx

I'm styling out the strange noises I'm making otherwise apologising would be a full time job :D
It sounds like you are taking it slowly @xk1rstyx , are you starting to feel a bit more settled? X

Yh im feeling better slowly. Today been a long day tho feel like iv been on the go alot and iv had an emotional day. Had a bit of a cry for personal reasons not sleeve related. Im feelin ok with my sleeve its gna slowly become my best friend haha. Iv only managed 1 protein shake today but its not the end of the world. Iv had my 2 bowls of soup, some jelly, and nas squash. Im really tired now an jis wanna get in bed. Hopefully tomorrow an the next day is better an better.

Kirsty xx

Haha a lot of people do name their new tummys lol

Well today i got up early had a shower, washed, dried, and straightened my hair which is very long, did some make up an put some decent clothes on. This took me almost 3 hours haha by time i was done i was shattered. I then went shoppin to 2 different supermarkets and got soaked in the rain. By time i got home id barely got the energy to put my pj's on im done in now. But been a nice day. Really struggeld with soup at dinner wind and gurgling was extra bad so only had a little. My incisions are a little sore now think iv defo over done it. Gna try relax tonight.

I was naughty this morning and peaked at the scales an i was very shocked in a good way. I will check agen in the morning and update as wednesday is my official weigh in day and will b 1 week post op. Out of curiosity what did u all lose in ur 1st week post op if you can remember.

Kirsty xx

Back