• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banded today-5/11/11-the beginning.

Apple stew. Oat so simple and mash mixed potatoes, carrots and swede all that during mushy stage. Baked beans with cheese jacket work a treat for me. But I do have restriction still from the op but also I am trying really hard to stop when no longer hungry but just satisfied. I also find it very funny when I just had some food so my pouch is full but my stomach is rumbling like crazy because not everything had gone down yet. Normally my stomach rambling means I am hungry so hearing it when full because it is digesting is a new feeling for me :) hth xxx

Also I am finding the daily food intake really valuable as u can see and compare what other banders are eating depending on what stage they at. Liquid, mushy, solid but getting fills and long term maintainers such as Mazza and blue diamond.:) it is a sticky tread

You are a real star! That's what the rumbling could be and my head is taking over!! I've never stopped when feeling full. To me' full meant stuffed so it's re education isn't it! Along with emotional triggers. You're right-I can do this but 9 days isn't going to change a lifetime of habits! Xxx

Tell me about it, it is going to be our biggest battle those bloody demons!!! Before I started my journey stop eating when full meant I am on the verge of been sick and ll feel awful for an hour or so afterwards. Like Xmas meal on a daily basis but now I am also trying to do some soul searching and facing thing that I would have buried with food normally. Not easy but seeing the difference in clothes my OH attitude towards me and compliments makes it worth it.:) all together we will be successful

Hi hun, so glad you are healing well, I am just like you mate, I am sick of liquids now, Feeling hungry, I start my next stage on sat, I go back to work on sat wanted light duties but they can't give me any so back after two weeks.
Clare from the hospital group rung me yesterday to confirm I do not have any fill in my band at present, mr Richardson my consultant always likes it to settle first, so my 1st fill is dec 16th which is just before christmas so I am happy with that, just can't wait till sat back to work and PURÉED FOOD GET IN!!!!!! Keep going catlady, and miserable you are a fantastic help to us newbies thank you xxxxx

Keep going u both soon ll be mash world and u won't believe how much more active ur taste palette ll be and how stuffed u ll feel. Not long now :) I am happy to help as many people as I can because lots of wonderful people are helping me :) xxx

Thanks miserable! Love the name btw! I just discovered that I don't have anything in my band either! That's actually quite a relief in a way-I'm not this hunger raving monster! Went back to work today- really busy with back to back patients but actually quite rewarding. Then went to yoga-couldn't do a lot of it as my core strength is obviously weak and my main wound is still tender but I'm glad I went. Swimming by sat if all goes well. I can feel my port too which is pretty cool!! Oh oh-and I turned down dominoes today two for Tuesday! I'm ashamed to say I could eat two mediums myself. Xxx

Well I can confess I had pizza for dinner and Apple crumble. Naughty me but hey Ho not c est la vie. I am very impressed with how much u have been doing. I would not have the energy so very well done :) I should log on and change my name really. I am Marianne by the way.:)

I love ure name! I'm
Laxmi but I like my alter ego too! How far along are u babe? I was thinking of u and apple crumble btw! I went bk to work today and did 90 mins of yoga but mainly small stretches and breathing. In still not fully breathing right. Mr li my surgeon said I could exercise after 2 weeks so gna try sat. I managed to wander about normally a week after doing social things. I'm usually a can't sit still person anyway-why am I not thin lol!!! Xxx

I ll be 5 weeks on Thursday. At the moment I sticking with cycling 2 miles a day and walking the dog every day. But want to start swimming soon and next year resolution ll be to become a runner. I always liked the idea of it but always felt too heavy for it so ll see xxx

That sounds impressive. I want a dog! I used to do three hrs a day of exercise but had a back injury and fell off wagon-again! I can't run at all but that's a great resolution! Xx

Well I had a double vodka and orange today and I enjoyed it, I walked into 5 places today looking for soup with no bits, it was hard today went round London and everywhere I looked I saw fast food, but I did it, puréed food sat, think I will be so much better wen I am working and not bored x

U can borrow my dog anytime, she is really cuddly. White German shepherd :) 3 hours a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blimey that is a lot, fair play. U never know with the weight coming off u might go back to that amount. Good luck xx

U r right Sue, going back into a routine really helps focus ur mind on other things + all the compliments ll star rolling in u ll be on top of the world. Just today a girl at work was just staring at me but around my stomach so she could not see me looking at her. So I said is everything ok and she said: really sorry I just had to do a double take, u have lots so much weight, look at ur waist. I said yes I now have a waist. If u took a picture of me walking back to my desk u Wld have seen a smile going from ear to ear :)

Bless you, times like that it makes it all worth while, can't wait till people start noticing gives u a real boost x

Got call today-on mushy food from now!!! Woop woop! Still haven't shifted weight this week but I now know I don't actually have anything in my band so don't feel glutinous now as I'm hungry! Currently been working all day, now doing private report and on call all night. Fingers crossed it's quiet! Xx

Catlady did you have it done by the hospital group cause I had mine done a day earlier and I got a call about my first fill and she said I am on liquids till sat which makes it 2 weeks???? X

Yeah sue I did. But the dietician called today and I told her I was hungry etc and she said to move onto mushy. I'm surprised too but happy. U ok? Xx

Yeah Hun, thanks just like you hungry and wanting food so much, I hope my dietician rings me soon, but only got 2 days left now, really hope you have a quiet night on call x

Back