• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling a bit down today

Good luck with your weight loss journey. If you are sure you can do it, then you will do it. Hope everything goes well for you.

Wishing you all the very best for your future x

i know this might sound stupid but, i have been thinking about it seriously, yes at first i was i can do this, but i think the real reason im saying no is that i am terrified that as i have been giving a second chance to live, am i wrong to maybe push my luck, i know the death rate is 1 in 200. but after what i have been through am i going to be that 200 that dies, im so mixed up what to do , and also i dont think i can make the journey to luton as it was on that bit of road we had the crash ... oh i really dont know what to do im so confussed.. i was so determined to have the surgery ,as i have tried every diet in the book to lose weight, and maybe i am just kidding myself thinking i can do this on my own. sorry if i sound stupid .....

Hi Tray

I understand how you must feel after the ordeal you've been through. Have you thought about seeing a counsellor to discuss your fears about the accident/operation before you make a decision?

I'm only asking as the journey to WLS is an extremely long one and it would be awful for you to miss out now only to decide later on that you do indeed want the surgery.

Perhaps talking to a professional would help put your fears into prospective for you.

Good luck with what ever decision you make. x

Tray this is such a difficult one for and its only natural that you are going through the roller coaster of emotions and thoughts. If there is someone as Gail says give that a try it won't do any harm and will be a friendly ear for you to talk to. You are not stupid in any way just give your self a bit of time as you will still be in shock. Just take one step at a time and when you are ready you will be able to pass that stretch of the road at some point it all takes time. Big hug full of reassurance xx

You are not stupid in any way just give your self a bit of time as you will still be in shock.

i agree with Allie, you sound as if your still in shock. Shock can afect us in all sorts of ways (phisical & emotional). i wouldn't do anything at the mo, give it a few weeks at least before you make up your mind.
sue.

Tracy I have pm'd you. (((hugs)))

Just for reasurrance I asked on Friday what their fatality rates are and they have lost 3 people in all the time they have been doing the surgery and those 3 all had other serious health conditions.

I agree you are still in shock,give it a go by yourself but stay on the list.If you decide to go ahead with surgery you wont have to start all over again.Also look at this life affirming incident as a positive to do your best to get healthy and happy with your weight.To live to your life to the full,would you be doing that if you rejected surgery?You are scared,you have looked death in the face,give it time speak to you doctor.No one will judge you one way or the other.Best of luck Maz x

Tray, i looked at your accident the opposite way that you did. I saw it as a sign that it is not your time to go anywhere yet....

As i said in my last post, sit back and think!

Maybe think of asking if you can have your surgery in the summer when the driving conditions are better? Even consider using the train/bus service to get to hospital for your operation. Your OH can pick you up post op, i don't think you'll be worrying about roads after your op! There are ways and solutions around everything hun...

Take your time, don't make a snap decision. Everyone will respect you whatever you decide xx

hi trace, it must have been terrifying for you, i can only imagine what you and your oh went through. when something happens like that it makes you stand back and re-evaluate your life. i hope that it gives you the willpower you need to do it yourself, but dont take yourself off the waiting list, it will take a long time to get a date for surgery and by the time it comes round i hope that you wont need it. if you havent managed to do it then you have the choice to decide if its for you or not, but dont take away your choice you might feel differently in a year and if you havent managed it (which i hope that you can)you will have done your best but you will have that choice.xx

hi
:) as you know i was adamant that i was going to try and lose weight on my own. as due to having the car crash i had this overwhelming feeling, that i could do anything if i put my mind to it .... (like hell i can ) lol, i did try to stick to a diet but as always i failed.:( so i have decided to go ahead with the op anyway, if i can survive a car crash i can survive the op (i hope ). im feeling a bit down today, as i spoke to l&d hospital about starting my liquid diet this week, they have told me that under no circumstances, must i start the liquid diet, untill the 5th april, as i must have 6 weeks to heal my broken ribs, they told me that when you go on the liquid diet, your body goes into starvation mode so my ribs wouldnt get the right vitamins to heal them. so it looks like my op has been set back about 6 weeks, i was looking at june time for it but now they think it will be july or aug. but hey never mind i will get there sooner or later.:)

Dont feel down at least you didnt cancel everything and have to start again from scratch x its best to heal before the op as not only the pre-op diet takes alot out of you the operation does too x all the best and hope your feeling better soon x

Hi Tray sounds like your focused, so stay strong , get those ribs on the mend and then you can look forward to a new slimmer healthier you , good luck chin up mate .x

I'd send you some hugs but I think I'd hurt you with the broken ribs. Seriously it does'nt matter about your op being delayed a little. You in good health is what matters. Hang on in there and recover from your accident before putting your body through more stress sweetheart. Get well soon xxxxx

Dearest Tray, don't look at it negatively. Think of it this way.... yes your operation will be put back about six weeks but you will be healed completely and a little more over your trauma. Also, like me, you will have the glorious summer weather (at this point we all cross our fingers and anything else that doesn't interfere with the call of nature) to have nice slow gentle walks to recover in. Sitting in the back garden doing sweet buggar all, sip sip sip will be our chores for those long hot days...

Keep your chin up girl, this summer me and you and another few are gonna rock wsl.com xxxx

Hi Tray

why don't you try a high protein, low carb diet for now.

It will get you used to the way you will be eating after your op and the high protein could help heal your ribs quicker.

Just a thought, but I think everyone who's had surgery has been told to focus on protein to heal our selves.

I'm really glad you aren't cancelling the op after all.It is the best decision you could've made, and hope you heal asap:D:D

what's afew weeks between friends, you need to be in tip top condition for this op so keep thinking about that and know you are doing things the right way x

Back