• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fuffs Fun Frolics on WLS journey

Thanks Angela. Sounds great :)

I tried to get my partner to come to the Heartlands one with me. But he wasn't impresses with the idea :(

I though it would be a good idea :)

Fuffs i found attending the Official Walsall Support Group wonderful. I started going about 6 months before my surgery and found them a wonderfully welcoming group of people. In fact for the six months i was out of the county i missed it like mad....

As for your partner, please mention it's in a licensed club and the beer is cheap :) I'm sure all reluctance will leave him then and he will be more than willing to attend to support you xxx

Thank you Julie xxx

I have been attending the Heartlands group and love that. The Walsall group sounds brilliant. I have to get there.

Do you know my partner then?lol....That sounds like the type of incentive he would like lol

Where did you live for 6 months? x

Fuffs, just messaged you on FB. Def recommend go to as many groups as possible, I do. The more support the merrier. me and my mates are meeting in Walsall on the 3rd (also pre and post oppers around), have invited you to the FB group and sent you the event details. Really looking forward to the catch up with you! xxxxxx
Just let me know if you need a lift xxx

ps: has the hospital given you any indication of pre-op dates? xxxx

Hello Ryan, How are you getting on?

Brunetteandred said:
Hello Ryan, How are you getting on?

Hiya, just great thanks. A few food issues but Manor aiming to sort within few weeks. Otherwise 6.4 stone lost and feeling great xxxxxxxxx

ps: has the hospital given you any indication of pre-op dates? xxxx

I am going to call them tomorrow and have a natter lol

I will let you know if I can make it next week. My partner is not being the most helpful soul at the moment. It may push him over the edge to be asked to do anything....like watch the kids....grrrrr!:mad:

I will try my best :)

I turned my laptop off and tried to sleep and was wide awake. So I came back online.

I went onto Amazon (I had some Amazon gift certificates from friends for Christmas)

I bought two night dresses, a pair of pyjamas and a kimono for my hospital bag (woohoo lol) and a black wii fit balance plus balance board with game to go with my black wii I got earlier this year!!

My partner told me if when I got to 23 stone he would buy me one. And nothing, even with hints :(

So, I have a lovely one now (well after delivery) and cant wait to use it!!! :D

At least my insomnia has been productive tonight lol. Last night was sitting paying my DSi XL lol

I am a gadget freak. I wish I had lots of money to have a big house and fill it with mod cons and gadgets :)

Well, I better go and attempt to sleep again now :)

Sleep didnt happen until around 4am. An improvement on 5am. But I had a serious attack of night terrors each time I awoke. I am not someone who is accustomed to night terrors and it freaked me out a lot :(

I called my bariatrics team. The corrdinator was not there. I spoke to a bariatric dietician.

She said my surgeon manages his own list for surgery. She has put a message to say that I am happy to be put on the short notice list.

She was lovely, but basically said do not phone back now. Wait for your letter with a date for your surgery. I assured her I would not phone again, that I now had done what I phoned to do and would wait. The team at my hospital always make me feel like a reprimanded nuisance when I call. The thing is, I am so polite, I have called the coordinators number a total of 4 times in the whole mess. I think I get the backlash from the people who phone all the time and get annoyed :(

So, now I have to wait for my surgeon to take a look at my notes and decide when he wants me to come in. Not sure how long that will take. I don't mind really. Funding was the main thing for me. I am happy to be patient about the op date (especially now they know I am happy to be a short notice patient)

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

I have to admit I rang Walsall Manor about once a week to see where I was on the list,Im an impatient so and so and wanted to make sure they remembered my name.

Also the Walsall group is lovely,I went to my first one in November and had a fab time.

Muffintop83 said:
I have to admit I rang Walsall Manor about once a week to see where I was on the list,Im an impatient so and so and wanted to make sure they remembered my name.

Also the Walsall group is lovely,I went to my first one in November and had a fab time.

If they weren't so horrible I would phone every week lol

I am going to try my best to get to the support group :)

You dont have all that much to still wait for. As you said the funding was the maor issue and now that is done and dusted, it is a a patience game !!! So glad for you that you have got this far.. Hope to see you on the 3rd xx

I needed the funding confirmation just to know I was eligible. Because of the hospital repetitively confirming I would not fit the criteria, I was on edge that the pct to confirm it too.

So because I started this journey Dec 2009, this has all been a game of patience for me. Just like everyone else whose journey takes an extraordinary length of time.

I called today just to let them know I was happy to go on the short notice list. I didn't even ask how long Mr Nijjar's list is. Thats why I dont like the way they speak to me. I used to email a lot when they were misleading me. But that was to a totally different department.

I am happy to wait now. It will be a nice treat when the letter comes with the date :)

My wii fit plus + balance board has just been delivered!!!! Woohoo!!!

Its ashamed I am 28 miles away from my wii console! Lol

Looking forward to getting to use it :D

Slept better last night. Think it was somewhere between 2 and 2.30 and was no night terrors!! :)

Feel excited that 2012 is nearly here!!! Going to be an epic year and makes me feel giddy! Lol

Have a nice day everyone :)

Great news hun glad ur sleeps gettin better n great bout ur wii fit plus n board I love mine :) and it weights me exactly the same as my wm ;) have fun Hun xx

Thanks chick :)

I have wanted one for aaaages! Of course it had to be black, like the console. Then today I bought a recharge unit for the remotes. That had to be black too. But then I broke my black wii obsession and bought a purple mat for the board lol

I also just bought a protective cover for my DSi XL and My Fitness Trainer Dance Workout(I have others in the range too. One my partner bought me has a webcam with it that tracks your movements. The woman is so cheeky in it, I only put it on once lol

I must get a recharge unit , the kids go through batteries so quick so once I get using it , well !
That's my new near thing , to get using it & try get fit ..... atm 2 mins walk knackers me , both breathing & my back :(

I got a double one off Amazon. It was very cheap :) My kids eat the batteries!!! I have to buy multipacks of the damn things :(

I have Just Dance 2 and Zumba Fitness for my Wii. They are a fun way of exercising while having loads of fun :)

I was like that in April chick. Not so much out of breath. But my back would be agaony if I did anything. And my shins! I got sciatica (sp?) everytime I walked and would end up crying because my shins felt splintered and my ankles would be in agony!!

A lot of it has relieved now. Hoping I never get knee trouble again once I am a lot slimmer. My one knee sometimes gives me gip :(

What we do to ourselves!!! Its crazy!!

We have zumba , just dance 1,2 & 3 & Wii fit , so between them I have a chance of getting myself a bit sorted lol
Back is killing today cos we are having a mass tidy ... eldest is having her 1st house party tom as she is 16 today ... nightmare lol
Will have to look on eBay when I get some pennies , but overspent atm ... Ooops

Back