• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Insert Witty and Imaginative Title Here

Thankyou ladies. Happily I'm feeling much better today, and find the bin incident quite funny. I'm not joking about the rats though, I live on a working dock and the bin compound is alive with them!

I weighed in this morning at 19.6.8. I can't remember where I was up to with weight last Sunday, but I think I've gained around 2 or 3 lbs between the cold and the fill. If I ever get back onto solid food again that weight will disappear in an instant.
If I don't lose another ounce between now and Christmas I'm still half a stone under my Christmas goal weight, it seems churlish not to celebrate that.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend x

Well done Sarah :) x

20% is brilliant Sarah, well done. Your diary always makes me chuckle, you have such a way with words.

How's it going with the surgeon?

20% is brilliant Sarah, well done. Your diary always makes me chuckle, you have such a way with words.

How's it going with the surgeon?

Hmmm... He's lovely, but I'm not a patient soul so I get miffed about his shifts. If he worked in anything but trauma he'd work normal hours, but no. I don't ask for much, just for him to be at my beck and call 24/7 so he's immediately available when I'm in a sociable mood. Not at all unreasonable, I mean he already has a beeper so he's used to being on call.

Hmmm... He's lovely, but I'm not a patient soul so I get miffed about his shifts. If he worked in anything but trauma he'd work normal hours, but no. I don't ask for much, just for him to be at my beck and call 24/7 so he's immediately available when I'm in a sociable mood. Not at all unreasonable, I mean he already has a beeper so he's used to being on call.

Pfff all that life-saving getting in the way of a good date, he must be fuming!

It's probably just as well tonight. I'm building my way up to solids gradually, but it's not going well and I'm not a pretty sight tonight.

This morning I couldn't face food, but I had a mug of tea that went down fine. I tried some blackcurrant squash, but kept burping it up in a very odd fashion.
Kept drinking tea and coffee all morning, no problem.
Lunchtime, took 40g shreddies and a danio to work, managed about half before I'd had enough. Happy days.
Tea and coffee in the afternoon all ok, but when I got home I had iced tea which didn't go down very well.
Dinner was a tablespoon of mashed carrot and Swede, with a small chicken breast in a cheesy sauce. I had three or four small bites of chicken and two bites of mash. I wasn't feeling any discomfort, I was eating it really slowly, but I felt a little burp in my chest. This may well be tmi, so apologies, but when I burped the last mouthful of food came back up, which really made me feel a bit queasy. I heaved a bit, but got that under control, and now my chest is feeling a bit sore.

Could I have too much restriction? Do you think it will calm down or should I have some taken out as soon as I can get in? It's the first time it's done this, but I'm concerned that I'm not tolerating cold drinks well and I'm really concerned that I had no warning before I had a mouthful of regurgitated food.
I have a lunch on Thursday that I can't get out of, and I'd hate for anything similar to happen then...

Hmmmm that doesn't sound good...

How long ago was your fill? I felt quite restricted after mine, but not to that extent, and I'd say it took about 10 days to settle down to where I am now.

It's probably just as well tonight. I'm building my way up to solids gradually, but it's not going well and I'm not a pretty sight tonight.

This morning I couldn't face food, but I had a mug of tea that went down fine. I tried some blackcurrant squash, but kept burping it up in a very odd fashion.
Kept drinking tea and coffee all morning, no problem.
Lunchtime, took 40g shreddies and a danio to work, managed about half before I'd had enough. Happy days.
Tea and coffee in the afternoon all ok, but when I got home I had iced tea which didn't go down very well.
Dinner was a tablespoon of mashed carrot and Swede, with a small chicken breast in a cheesy sauce. I had three or four small bites of chicken and two bites of mash. I wasn't feeling any discomfort, I was eating it really slowly, but I felt a little burp in my chest. This may well be tmi, so apologies, but when I burped the last mouthful of food came back up, which really made me feel a bit queasy. I heaved a bit, but got that under control, and now my chest is feeling a bit sore.

Could I have too much restriction? Do you think it will calm down or should I have some taken out as soon as I can get in? It's the first time it's done this, but I'm concerned that I'm not tolerating cold drinks well and I'm really concerned that I had no warning before I had a mouthful of regurgitated food.
I have a lunch on Thursday that I can't get out of, and I'd hate for anything similar to happen then...

Oh Sarah
It was all going so well too....Its a really hard slow journey isn't it...over restriction must feel really bad

after my second fill I feel quite well now I can eat sufficient but Im happy to say I don't get so hungry

Im sorry you are having this experience and hope you can sort it out especially before Christmas :/

It was last Wednesday. If I'm making a big deal out of nothing and it will all calm down that's fine, but if I'm overfilled then I'd rather have an aspiration pronto. I do tend to panic, I know!

Back