• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Insert Witty and Imaginative Title Here

He means well! I only see him on a Sunday when we go for coffee, but he's forever trying to force cake down my neck. It's a complex relationship, with masses of guilt on both sides. He feels in some way obliged to feed me and I don't feel able to refuse. Still, it's only once a week!

U all seem to be doing great! I'm booking my band as soon as my other half sorts out his passport. Hope to be banded for my birthday on the 13th of feb!!!

Ah, just catching up and can I say how FAB you look in that pic - that colour really suits you too!

And its difficult when people bring out the food gifts! I'm sure I will end up with some, and have to hope that its ones my son will eat LOL

And I'm glad finally someone has commented. I think its often that people are just a bit fearful of upsetting someone for commenting, weight as we know, can be such a touchy subject.

He means well! I only see him on a Sunday when we go for coffee, but he's forever trying to force cake down my neck. It's a complex relationship, with masses of guilt on both sides. He feels in some way obliged to feed me and I don't feel able to refuse. Still, it's only once a week!

My mother in law is a bit like that. Shes 85 so its all a bit to complex for her to get her head around. Its frustrating at times especially when the cakes get passed under my nose every week :rolleyes:

Thankyou Top_Kat! You're right, there is a certain embarrassment factor to it, plus I'm still 19 stone odd, it's not like I'm dainty!

Frances, in his defence he does only see me once a week. He doesn't see the good eating and the exercise, he only sees me eating cake and the weight is still dropping. Add that to his preconceptions about the band, and nothing I can say will make much difference:)

Thankyou Top_Kat! You're right, there is a certain embarrassment factor to it, plus I'm still 19 stone odd, it's not like I'm dainty!

Frances, in his defence he does only see me once a week. He doesn't see the good eating and the exercise, he only sees me eating cake and the weight is still dropping. Add that to his preconceptions about the band, and nothing I can say will make much difference:)

Well at least he's not offering to do a bit of lemon sole in milk for you!..like my mum in law did last week :yuk: give me my fish cake any day :8855:

Had my leaving lunch with my now ex-colleagues today. It was lovely, but I ate hardly any of it before I was done and didn't want to risk eating any more. It's taken me months to figure out the signals the band gives when I've had enough, but I'm finally starting to pick up on them.

This week hasn't been a good one for me. Food has been ok, but for someone who rarely drinks I feel like I've been on a week-long bender! I've not weighed myself in a few days, but I know what to expect when I do. Damn those sugary cocktails in all their sticky multicolour tastiness...

Still, I'm not out now over the weekend, and I won't be drinking until Christmas day night, so I have a chance to detox and give my liver a break.

I've just spent the past week drinking too, we can detox together!!

The good thing is, our bands mean we will all be eating a fraction of what we would/could have had for Christmas without them.

It'll be nice to not feel stuffed to the point of feeling sick and falling asleep.

My cousin puts out a buffet on Christmas eve, but it's relatively easy to make good choices there since as long as I eat SOMETHING nobody notices what I've eaten.
Christmas day I'm a bit nervous in case I get something stuck, but I'm sure it will be ok and I'm just worrying about nothing. I have ordered soup as a starter, since I don't mind leaving soup! Turkey and all the trimmings, but I don't expect I'll get halfway through before I need to stop. I've ordered the cheeseboard instead of dessert, but I'm guessing by that point I won't be eating any more! I have some nibbles in the flat, I've tried to make good choices (prawns and smoked salmon) but I have a horrible feeling that if anyone has bought me chocs I'll end up scoffing them.
Boxing day I'm at my aunties, and this is when I think I'll have the biggest issue. She puts out white batches, leftover (very dry) turkey and trays of chips. Normally I have a chip butty (lol, who am I kidding, four chip butties), but I don't think I'd manage bread without issue. That leaves me with very dry turkey or chips. I'm sure it'll all be fine, but I am a worrier by nature so I am panicking. She also puts out LOADS of those mini cream slices and profiteroles, and I have already accepted that I will eat some of them.
I have another couple of family get-togethers, but they are either sit-down dinners where I can eat as I normally would at home, or they are buffets where nobody will notice if I don't go near the food. As of the 27th, it's back to business as usual.

For me this Christmas is about making the best choices given what's available. I know they won't be ideal choices, I expect to see a couple of pounds gain over the week. My main goal is to remain in the 19s, ideally getting back to 19.7 or below for new year.

For the last 7 or 8 years I have vowed to be under 20 stone by year end. This year, finally, I'm actually going to do it and it feels AMAZING. I could cry when I think about it!

If I don't get a chance to log in again, merry Christmas everyone x

Im sure you will do fine....Merry Christmas my friend xxxxx

Im out Christmas Day but I am just going to eat small amounts..
Boxing Day I am doing Jacket potatoes, Turkey, Pickles, Nibbles, and salad..
NO deserts I have told everyone if they want a desert they must bring it with them :)

Ur doin great Sarah, sounds like your going to be really disciplined over Xmas! I'm at the family buffet tomorrow then out Xmas day and Boxing Day. I'm having a week or two off I put 1lb on this week but have started to watch things a bit more x

Good luck Sarah (and Val and WLD of course!) over Christmas.

It sounds we will all be eating a lot less than usual, but hope everyone has a lovely time.

Don't deny yourself too much, you're allowed to treat yourself a little bit at this time of year I think.

I shall be staying away from the chocolate though!

Merry Christmas! x

Merry Christmas Hun I'll definately be eating a lot lot less than normal I think if I have to many treats it makes me feel sick x

Im in the 'Christmas doesn't exist' mode...lol
I have never got as far as Christmas Eve and not brought any chocolate, biscuits cakes etc..this is a first for me :)

Back