• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Insert Witty and Imaginative Title Here

Hi Sarah, hi guys!

Happy New Year to you all. I've not been about for a bit as I've had problems at home but just wanted to say thinking of you all. Sarah, you are amazing. Your photo is unbelievable. Such a pretty girl! Wow!

I'm six weeks post op and go for my first fill on the 11th. I too have eaten my weight I'm crap and drank even more but I think I may have stayed the same thanks to a tummy bug! But it's a new year, new beginning. We're only human and hey, it's once a year! (Thank God as I've still got guests who thankfully, fly home on Tuesday!) then I can concentrate on getting my funk on but despite everything, I feel energised and positive. I hope the new moon has worked its magic on you all. XXX

Glad to hear you so upbeat chappers, though sorry to hear about the tummy bug, hope you're feeling much better x

I've weighed myself this morning at 19.5.8, so I've lost my Christmas gain and another lb besides. I go for my next fill in 10 days, and I will be a lower weight than I was at my last fill - I may even make it to the weight I was for the de-fill, though I'm not so very bothered about that. With all the time I spent on liquids and mush during December, then straight into Christmas, I'm happy with that:)

I think some of the current tightness in the band might be due to stress, as I am currently enormously stressed. It'll pass eventually, but I've a feeling it will get much worse before then, so I'll have to wait to my appointment, discuss it with my team and see whether any additional fill is advisable at this point.

Sorry to hear you're so stressed Sarah, but great news on the weightloss - congrats hun!

Welcome back chappers, we missed you. Hope everything is OK with hubby..

Thanks Corgi!

The stress is mad, but I can't shake it off. I rent a beautiful flat which I adore, and I found out that the owner stopped paying her rent 4 months ago. I expect to find an eviction notice on my door any day now. That's inconvenient, but coupled with the fact that I'm currently between contracts (therefore have no visible means of income so wouldn't pass a credit check in order to rent a new flat) and I'm a little bit demented waiting to be turfed out.
It's really dire timing, but it'll all sort itself out. Who knows, maybe the owner will sort herself out and start paying the mortgage arrears (unlikely, I know!).

Maybe I could make a tent out of one of my old coats...

Sarah have you tried discussing this problem with the likes of Citizens Advice or whatever is similar near you? They will be able to advise what your rights are etc... Especially if you have paid rent to the owner. You have certain tenancy rights

Hope you get it sorted pretty quick Sarah. It's quite a common problem and as corgi says go to CAB because you do have some tenant rights hun ;)

Last edited:
Ah thankyou! I've not been to CAB but will give them a shout. The same thing happened to another girl who lives on my floor and the bank gave her 28 days to get her stuff out. 28 days to find a new flat is fine, there are loads of decent flats along the waterfront, but I don't want to have to take a contract I don't fancy just to pass a credit check. Rationally I know it's not a huge deal, but I also know that I'm way more stressed than usual!

Thanks love! According to CAB I may have as little as 14 days from the eviction notice being served to the locks being changed. Yikes!
The good news is my interview last week may lead to a job. I go to meet the MD on Friday and might have to drop to 4 days as they can't afford me for 5 days a week, but at least it will get me through a credit check and into a new flat. Plus if my non-working day is a Wednesday I won't need to take time off for band fills (though I hope I won't need many more!). Hopefully if we can agree terms that will be most of the stress removed.

Well that sounds a lot more positive, I think someone like you will never be out of work for long.

I hope it all works out in your favour and good luck for the job xx

Thanks chick!

I have to confess to another motive for wanting to line a contract up quick sharp. I was made redundant in 2001 and I spent 4 or 5 months spending my pay-off, not looking for work. My dad stopped talking to me towards the end of that period (after saying some horribly hurtful things - tact has never been one of his gifts), so he hasn't seen me skipping from contract to contract. When I quit my last job he made a couple of comments, and it would be amazing to go back and say "oh yes, I was out of work for ten days but I doubled my day rate so it was worth it" lol!
Petty, I know. I don't know why I give him this much power over me, but I do...

Brilliant hun :D I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you hun xxx

Back