• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Insert Witty and Imaginative Title Here

Another 3lb off this week, weighed in this morning at 20.10, and only 11lbs to go to my Christmas goal of being under 20stone. Yay!

In many ways it's been a disappointing week. On Wednesday I had a working lunch and I devoured that buffet like I'd never seen food before. Honestly, I had to check the table was there as I suspected I'd eaten that too. In reality (and somewhat embarrassingly) it was far less than I'd have eaten pre-band, but it left me with the uncomfortable realisation that my control around food is tenuous at best.
After stuffing my face at lunchtime I went out for a curry in the evening (yes, I really am that dumb). I had two starters, but ate every scrap of them, then when I got home and went to bed I was deeply uncomfortable and didn't know what to do with myself.

On the positive side, this discomfort after overeating used to be an everyday sensation. Sometimes I can't believe how badly I used to treat myself, and how much has changed in such a short period of time!

You are doing brilliantly. You'll be under 20 stone easily before Christmas I'm sure xxx

I am grateful that my bypass has taken away physical feelings of hunger so there is no 'need' to eat, and the capacity of the new ' stomach' means I cannot negotiate on portion size - when I'm done, I'm done end of. But the head thing is another matter entirely and that's my current battle. As I can eat so little my head says have something nice - but my body needs something nutritious and sensible. It's really hard to find the balance. Grrr

Thankyou hun!

I'm relatively lucky, as I've not really craved sugar or fatty food thus far. If I'm at home I have no issues at all, but if I'm eating while doing something else (in a meeting or chatting to a friend) I lose all sense of what I'm eating or the sheer volume I'm packing away.
We'll get there!:)

Hang in there, you're doing so well. One blip won't undo all the good work, and you already understand why it happened and can be aware in future.

We are trying to reverse years of bad eating eating habits, and it won't happen overnight - be proud of what you've achieved and good luck with getting to your Christmas goal :)

Thankyou chick! I measured myself this afternoon and I've lost 5" off my waist and 6" off my hips. No wonder my trousers are falling down lol!
I have come a long way, but I am acutely aware of how much further I need to go... x

Looking good Sarah and well done :)

I just bought a coat from Asda in a size 24. Yes, 24!!!! My last was a 32.
Ok it's a generous 24 and it's not the roomiest coat I've ever worn, but it was £28 and it'll see me through this winter.

YIPPEE!!!!!

For the price, as long as it gets me through this year I'm not too worried!

My job ends at year end, so at some point in December I'll have to buy an interview suit. I tried all my suits on tonight and every one of them made me look like a six year old wearing her mum's clothes. I'm hoping I'll be able to buy a cheap trouser suit from the likes of Asda as I'd really begrudge paying a fortune for it.

It's a fantastic problem to have!:D

Yyaayyyy well done sarah!!! You will be casting that one off soon too it's amazing how quickly you shrink out of clothes :)
I love shopping... Too much :eek:.. Got a couple more bras from Asda yesterday I mean Asdas!!!l hehe

I love Asda bras, I'm forever buying them! I'm left with a load of clothes, some of which have never been on my back. I'm going to look at eBay I think, see if I can't get some cash for them. Not sure anyone would pay the postage on a whacking great coat, but who knows?

Well done!

As for the postage on things on ebay, check out things such as Myhermes delivery. Their rates are cheap can take 1-3 days, but they'd not be paying anywhere near what Royal mail charge!

I started selling in Nov last year and had raised £500 in selling 45 items! Need to get on with it now, as I have clothes from a size 34 right down to a size 20 to get rid of LOL

Thankyou, I'll check them out! I've sold a few bits before but it's always been small stuff, so the postage wasn't an issue. Can't see it raising £500 - that's fantastic! x

This week two people have told me not that I've lost weight, but that I look really well. I'll take that!:D

I'm off to a 4 year old's birthday party in a couple of hours and I'm stressing like mad about it. Ridiculous, as I know it will be fine, but this morning I had my normal bowl of cereal and felt sick after two spoonfuls. It's my stepmum's grandson, and I always feel like I'm photobombing her family occasions. Sigh. Normally this would send me straight to the buffet table to eat away my nerves, but today I'm going to make every effort to resist the lure of the fairy cakes!
Four hours and it'll all be over...

It's great you're getting compliments, always a good sign!

Fingers crossed for the party, hope it's not too bad and goes quickly xx

Back