• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've joined the losers club

I cant wait. I've struggled a bit the last few days but oddly I've struggled to eat much at all today!

band fitted 16.01.14

Last week I struggled, got my appetite back big time, was hungry all day yesterday after having to go back on fluids after the fill, but today I did not feel hungry at all, but made myself eat three meals. Tomorrow I am going to try crunchy foods to see how I cope with these with the infill.:) xx

Hi Donna I wouldn't worry too much about having a sensitive band I'm over 4 months post op and have only had one fill of one ml. For me it just means less procedures and stress x

Feel great, hunger is a lot better today and I have some restriction, had a pre packed meal for lunch, last week I could eat the whole thing, today I managed half and felt full, hopefully the restriction will last till my next fill, also lost 2.5lbs of the weight I put on in Barcelona!

How you managing on the pureed stage? xx
Hi Donna44

Good to hear you are ok and back eating again.

I'm doing well thanks. Appetite back, I'm on soft diet so having things like fish pie, cottage pie, pasta etc. I am managing decent size portions and staying full between meals. No problems so far. I'm just looking forward to my first fill too. I feel it's just important to limit my food until after my fill when I too hope to have some restriction.

Well I've been out all morning with my daughter. She has been trying on prom dresses and looked beautiful. We didn't have proms in my day so it really is lovely seeing her all dressed up.

Well I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. Catch up later xxxx

Hi Donna I wouldn't worry too much about having a sensitive band I'm over 4 months post op and have only had one fill of one ml. For me it just means less procedures and stress x

Thank you, thats good to know that somebody is in the same situation as me, I really feel I will not need another infill, I am booked to have another one in a months time, but I really don't think I will need one either x:)

Hi Donna44

Good to hear you are ok and back eating again.

I'm doing well thanks. Appetite back, I'm on soft diet so having things like fish pie, cottage pie, pasta etc. I am managing decent size portions and staying full between meals. No problems so far. I'm just looking forward to my first fill too. I feel it's just important to limit my food until after my fill when I too hope to have some restriction.

Well I've been out all morning with my daughter. She has been trying on prom dresses and looked beautiful. We didn't have proms in my day so it really is lovely seeing her all dressed up.

Well I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. Catch up later xxxx

When you move off the mush stage you will find you have more restriction and find it harder to eat, I could still eat a lot on the pureed stage. Its amazing today how much restriction I have, my portion sizes have halved, I just hope I get enough nutrients.

My daughter had her prom last year, we waiting till the last minute to get a dress and then had a bit of a panic, but when the big day came, all the girls looked so grown up and beautiful. We should organise a banders prom for when we have all lost our weight, I cant wait to be able to wear a dress age, its been years! xx:)

Well Donna44, that's just what I said to my daughter today. She bought her Prom dress today in York and looks amazing in it. I joked with her and said that I will be lending it at the end of the year. Who knows ????

Last night I went out for my first meal. We went to an Italian as I am eating soft foods, so had cannelloni. Ate half a portion which was one tube. It tasted delicious. Took me a while to eat it slowly but went down a treat. Was stumped what to drink as I was driving and also can't do fizzy so ended up with tap water. I savoured every mouthful of my meal.

Went to York today and had lunch out. The centre of a jacket potato with chilli con carne. Only ate half of it and I am still full now but again, it was lovely.

Starting to feel much more normal with my eating, had some very tasty food over the last 24 hours.

Really pleased as I've now lost 12lb. Haven't lost that much in years. 3 stone 2lb to go!!!!

Wine goes down nice too HA HA but like you I tend to have water when I go out as I am always the designated driver. I tend to eat JP when I am out too as they are soft and easy to go down, the dietician has told me that I now need to eat the skin too, finding that hard, as it tends to block me and salad! I used to love salad now I find it hard work to eat.

Congratulations on your weight loss, Iv lost 32lbs since I started my pre diet, I still have a long way to go, want to lose another, 6 stone. I am just taking every day as it comes, but love the feeling of jumping on the scales and seeing a weight loss. xx

Wow that's really good weight loss. You are doing so well.

I suppose I'm inpatient, want the weight to fall off but in reality its going to be slow until I get some restriction. I expect you will really start to see things changing now you can't eat so much.
I've been told that if you lose weight slowly, then our skin should shrink back easier.

What else do you think we can drink when we go out as fruit juice is very limited and no fizzy stuff. Are we doomed to water if we are not having alcohol?

Id rather lose weight slowly too, but I am sure I will need a tummy tuck after weight loss, as I had two very large babies which did damage before ever putting weight on, my weight is all on my tummy, always wanted it to go on my bust but it never did!

I was speaking to a woman at Dolan Park last week, she had just had her boobs done, we got talking and she said that she had lost 5 stone, without a band or surgery, but had a tummy tuck two years previous, she said that after losing the weight she was a size 16 because of the excess skin, after the tummy tuck she was a size 10, the scar was minimum and she looked fab. I must start saving again!!

That's a massive difference. Just shows how much of it is skin. I have 4 stone to lose and I'm hoping it goes back in place. I'm just fat all over. Quite evenly distributed all over my short body.
xx

Well I went out today and bough myself some big support pants to hold my belly in lol, I had a photo taken yesterday and when I saw it I cringed, my boobs looked saggy and my stomach looked awful, funny thing is when I look in the mirror I cannot see that person, but in photos I look at them and think 'is that really me?'

I need to lose another 5.5 stone, 12 stone is a good weight for me at my height, any thinner and I will look haggard. When are you having your first infill?

Hi
I try not to have too many photos taken as hate the look of myself. That might change the thinner I get.
How much have you lost now and how much have you lost since your fill last week?
Have you had any problems eating anything?

I have my fill on the 13th March so 2 weeks today. I start solid food on Sunday so a bit worried even about that. Bought a recipe book for people who had WLS so hope to have some nice things. What sort of foods have you tried?

Sue

Hi Sue hope ur doing ok :) i've got my first check up 12th march and i assume the first fill, onto mushy thursday then 2 weeks before normal food or me, so maybe not a fill not too sure lol confused. anyway how you doing hun? Donna lol at the pants i did the same this week, lidls had body shape wear in, got a all in one body for 6.99 i certainly makes a different once your all tucked in LOL

Hi Sue hope ur doing ok :) i've got my first check up 12th march and i assume the first fill, onto mushy thursday then 2 weeks before normal food or me, so maybe not a fill not too sure lol confused. anyway how you doing hun? Donna lol at the pants i did the same this week, lidls had body shape wear in, got a all in one body for 6.99 i certainly makes a different once your all tucked in LOL

I was looking for an all in one, will have to pop in and have a look. This will make you laugh, Friday night, tried to get my big pants on and it was so difficult with false nails that I had to get my daughter to help me, we were both killing ourselves laughing x

LOL @ big pants and false nails picture in my mind LOL Its kinda fold yourself in, like tucking a sleeping bag into it cover LOL I struggle enough without false mails on :) :) The all in one is fab and it clips under the undercarriage too, the difference was unbelievable too pain free and easy tummy tuck in seconds lol

You've sold it to me, first thing in the morning I am getting one lol! xx
Hope they have some left in your local store :D hubby had to go further a field to get mine, they had separates too but the all in one is cool black and black and white stripes, it doesn't have legs tho just swimsuit style

They had non left! disappointed, but went into TK Max and they had some at the same price, unfortunately they did not have my size, either too big or too small x

Back