• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've joined the losers club

Hi sue:) I was banded 28.1.14 and I feel quite normal really! I was in alot of pain at first and had little appetite but thats definitely improved!! Im almost back to normal foods just avoid bread items really now. Takin in about 1000 cals at mo. All advice from seeing dietician on tuesday.

On the subject of nice soups I love homemade carrot and coriander...1 onion garlic 8 carrots veg stock and a bunch of fresh coriamder whizzed into it after blending, its quite a sweet soup so satisfies well:)
Catherine x
Thanks Catherine xx

Hi Sue :) hope your doing well. I was lucky enough to be straight onto sloppy so have been having shepherds pies and fish pies lots, Some have been sooooo bland but the one i had today from home bargains was lush lol Soup maker has been on and the freezer is now full of chicken and mushroom soup, i have to admit its not the best looking but OMG its divine.

Hi there, nice to hear from you. Strange how we are given different advice isnt it. I had fish pie and cottage pie today and I've just had a few spoons of cottage cheese. Think I'm having around 800 cals a day at the moment. Haven't been told how many calories to aim for so thought I will keep just below 1000.
The scales haven't moved downwards for a week now but my clothes are certainly not as tIght as they were 2 weeks ago. Strange. Perhaps it takes a while to show.
Well I hope the weather is finally being kinder to you. It must be so nice walking on the beach.
Well have a good week. Take care. X Sue x

It was heavenly today sue, like a spring day, beach was full of kids making sandcastles and chasing about without coats lol it sounds like your doing really well with eating already, i feel i'm not eating enough, but as of today am starting to feel hungry again maybe in another few days i will be consuming more. Will get the paperwork out in morning as i have no idea how long sloppy's are for then onto mushys. Its amazing how different everyone is, i was surprised when i was told i could have dinner when i left hospital. I have been taking it easy tho some of my sloopys have been more liquid like (have to water down to pass thru my sieve) i was told baby food consistency. I have no idea what sort of calories either, but i guess the guide is following the 20x20x20 rule so i guess as long as your following in that then all is good :) once you get your first fill in you will notice the difference, i guess at mo its empty so once tummy healed eating slowly goes back to normal-ish
Good to hear your ok hun x x x keep up the good work scales will shift soon x x

When I first went onto the soft/pureed stage I was using around 700-800 cals a day, then when I moved onto normal food I was aiming for around 1100 a day a losing quite well on this around 3lbs a week. I went away to barcelona at the weekend, eat everything but in small quantities, the only thing which got stuck was egg, so going to put this on my not to eat list, I even managed paella, was lush, loads of wine, got on the scales this morning and put on 3lbs, oops, back onto 1000 cals a day now.

First infill on Wednesday, really need it now!.

When I first went onto the soft/pureed stage I was using around 700-800 cals a day, then when I moved onto normal food I was aiming for around 1100 a day a losing quite well on this around 3lbs a week. I went away to barcelona at the weekend, eat everything but in small quantities, the only thing which got stuck was egg, so going to put this on my not to eat list, I even managed paella, was lush, loads of wine, got on the scales this morning and put on 3lbs, oops, back onto 1000 cals a day now.

First infill on Wednesday, really need it now!.
Hi Donna44

Ooo let me know how you get on with your first fill. Don't have mine till 13th March and don't know what to expect.

It just shows what a difference those few extra calories make. I'm sure once you have your fill, you will be back on the straight and narrow.

Good luck xxx

I hope it doesn't hurt, having it done at 10.50am so will let you know tomorrow how I get on, hopefully I will have more restriction x

I hope it doesn't hurt, having it done at 10.50am so will let you know tomorrow how I get on, hopefully I will have more restriction x
Hi Donna44

I was just wondering how you got on with your first fill yesterday and does it feel any different when you eat now?

Well just a quick check in. 2 and a half weeks post band now. Feeling almost back to normal
and eating well.My daughter told me today that I look happier since having my op. I think that's due to not over eating and no snacks or 'bad' food at the moment so I feel much better with myself.

Also, I don't ache as much. It's strange really that before my op I was really stiff around tea time, and if I ever got up in the night, I seemed to hurt everywhere.

I wonder if that's stopped because I'm not eating any crap now. I must have been eating so badly that it showed in other ways.

Can't wait for my first fill next month, so excited. xxx

was a bit of a night mare, I have 1.5 mls in a 10mls band. Today they put in another 2.5 mls, could not swallow or drink, so they had to take out 1.5 mills, this allowed me to drink, apparently my band is sensitive, what every that means! so looks like I will only be able to have small infills, on fluids again so not sure of the restriction yet but will let you know tomorrow. I am starving, need to eat, soup is not working!

was a bit of a night mare, I have 1.5 mls in a 10mls band. Today they put in another 2.5 mls, could not swallow or drink, so they had to take out 1.5 mills, this allowed me to drink, apparently my band is sensitive, what every that means! so looks like I will only be able to have small infills, on fluids again so not sure of the restriction yet but will let you know tomorrow. I am starving, need to eat, soup is not working!
Gosh that's not much to give you that reaction. Hope you are feeling ok now apart from being starving hungry.

Was it painful having the needle put into the port? I've seen the size of those needles and it looks massive.

When do you go back for your next fill?

Sue x

Gosh that's not much to give you that reaction. Hope you are feeling ok now apart from being starving hungry.

Was it painful having the needle put into the port? I've seen the size of those needles and it looks massive.

When do you go back for your next fill?

Sue x

No it was not painful, just a sharp prick like you have when you have a blood test. I am back at the clinic on 19/3, they said they usually put in 3 mls each time but with me it looks like it will be 0.5 mls. Just hope when I go back onto solids that I get some restriction. xx

So Donna44

How are you feeling today? Hope you are managing to keep things down. Are you back to eating normally again?

Hi Sue sounds like your doing well :) unfortunately it is the crap we eat which makes us feel that way, there are close links to crap food and arthritis. I gave up dairy and wheat many years ago due to an intolerance and realised how much better i felt after, unfortunately being an emotional eater i always went back to my old ways in times of crisis, then its a slippery slope. But hey isn't it so nice to feel well pain free and almost healthy!! you will also notice your skin nails etc all start to look better :)

Hi Donna too glad you had fill but sounds like it was a little harrowing :( hope your back to soilds soon and restriction is good x x x

So Donna44

How are you feeling today? Hope you are managing to keep things down. Are you back to eating normally again?

Feel great, hunger is a lot better today and I have some restriction, had a pre packed meal for lunch, last week I could eat the whole thing, today I managed half and felt full, hopefully the restriction will last till my next fill, also lost 2.5lbs of the weight I put on in Barcelona!

How you managing on the pureed stage? xx

I cant wait. I've struggled a bit the last few days but oddly I've struggled to eat much at all today!

band fitted 16.01.14

Back