• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey to a happier me!!

SAS1 said:
Slept quite well in the recliner chair last night, not feeling too bad today, just sore getting up and down out of chair. Been for a little walk, so pretty much ok! :)
Had a protein shake for breakfast, very runny but after a about half I suddenly felt sick and really heavy like stomach was a lead weight. I know it sounds a really stupid question but is this the new full feeling? Its the first time I've experienced it! :) it's great!!! Xxx

Glad you slept better and feeling pretty good. Don't think I get that feeling mine tends to be ache between my boobs and full feeling in my throat?

But then at your stage I wasn't really having much just wasn't interested - think too much soup the week before lol

Thanks Paula, it was like water consistency, maybe I drank too quickly and suppose still windy too thats the heavy feeling. That was at 8 this morning and I still don't feel hungry...its amazing as normally I'd be raiding the fridge for lunch! Already I love my band :) xxx

Mine is just like Paula's - tightening ache in chest and feel it at my throat, strange but I'm still learning to recognize these signs. Yours sound like wind Sharon :) and good to hear you slept well! X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

It's now been 4 weeks since I got my band - only a 1lb off this week but hey it's still going in the right direction, I'm having more calories and due on so guessing that could have made a difference? Got my first fill next Tuesday too so back on liquids :( wishing I'd gotten my band years ago lol

Meggie moo said:
It's now been 4 weeks since I got my band - only a 1lb off this week but hey it's still going in the right direction, I'm having more calories and due on so guessing that could have made a difference? Got my first fill next Tuesday too so back on liquids :( wishing I'd gotten my band years ago lol

A loss is fab no matter how much, well done! Yay!!! :) What has your provider told you to do for preparing before a fill? X

Thanks Sharon x no food 4 hours before and no liquid one hour before x

Gemby28 said:
Paula, you're doing fab. Good on ya! x

Thanks gemby how are you doing?

Hi guys! Feeling much better today. WInd pain is still there but there are some moments where it disappears a bit. I actually felt a bit peckish when I got up this morning, so I think that's good. Just had half a tin of lobster bisque soup which was yum, first time I've enjoyed something really since the op. I was feeling sorry for myself yesterday, but much brighter today. Have washed my hair and got out of my pjs :) Will soon be getting back in them though. How are you both today? x

So pleased you are brighter today Gemby! Yay! I also had a shower and got dressed, did a bit of cleaning (just dusting) and feel a lot less windy too. I managed to have tiny puréed banana and yogurt for breakfast, cup-a-soup for lunch and half a puréed chicken breast in gravy for dinner! Feel good!!! Trying to sip NAS juice all day, it's a bit of a chore to be honest. I'm also feeling hungry before I eat, but manageable not like before. :)
My clips are a bit sore today as I changed the dressings, can't wait for them to come out next week! So far loving the band hope it continues!!! :)

Good luck! and just think of how fab youll feel in the florida sunshine! xx :D

So today I had my first dietician appointment on the phone, was told not to worry about calories?? I asked about how much protein told two meals a day should be having palm sized protein.

Had my first fill then this afternoon, I already had 4ml in 10ml band and have lost 16lb since surgery so they gave me another 1ml. Other than the scratch from needle painless procedure. 24hrs liquid 24hrs mush then back to normal and another fill in 3 weeks - chuffed to bits and the ladies were lovely x

Yay so glad it went smoothly for you hon :) well done on your loss! It's amazing! Xxx

Tobi said:
Yay so glad it went smoothly for you hon :) well done on your loss! It's amazing! Xxx

Thanks Tobi x

SAS1 said:
Great to hear all went well for you, you are doing brilliant! Xxx

Thanks Sharon x

Another 2.5lb off this week :) losing inches too :). :)

Meggie moo said:
Another 2.5lb off this week :) losing inches too :). :)

Well done! I can't wait till my fill as static on the scales at the moment :-( glad ur ok :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Back