• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey to a happier me!!

Sounds so yummy! I always get ready meals from M&S whenever work is hectic and I can't be bothered to cook. I think it's the best out there, I find other supermarket ready meals really bland with the exception of Sainsbury's chicken and mushroom pie, be good to yourself range. Enjoy! And hopefully the stuck feeling will pass soon X

They rang me this morning too Kay, I'll go at 7 Monday - 24 hours after you :) good luck And maybe we'll meet there who knows X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Blimey your date seems to have come round really quickly Tobi x good luck and before you know it you'll be on mushies too x

How time flies... :)

How are you doing? Mushies going down ok? I had no difficulty drinking after the op but the next day struggled to keep the liquids up. Wind pain is more manageable today though, phew...

Did anyone hear from Kay?

Tobi xxx

Mushies gone done fine apart from scrambled eggs? Can start some crunchier things tomorrow - hurrah x

Feeling really good this week no pain - yeah!!

I've seen a couple of posts from kay think everything went ok but she has a tummy bug - nit nice x

Tobi said:
How time flies... :)

How are you doing? Mushies going down ok? I had no difficulty drinking after the op but the next day struggled to keep the liquids up. Wind pain is more manageable today though, phew...

Did anyone hear from Kay?

Tobi xxx

I think I was day 10 before wind pain had totally gone , each day got easier though x

Meggie moo said:
Mushies gone done fine apart from scrambled eggs? Can start some crunchier things tomorrow - hurrah x

Feeling really good this week no pain - yeah!!

I've seen a couple of posts from kay think everything went ok but she has a tummy bug - nit nice x

Yay for you! Xxx

And Kay hope you feel better very soon! X

So today is 3 weeks since my op and I'm feeling pretty damn good!! Not so tired more energy happier (very windy still lol) and this week lost another 2.5lb!! I love my band x

Yay great loss again :)) you must be super proud of yourself xxx

Tobi said:
Yay great loss again :)) you must be super proud of yourself xxx

Can't quite believe how easy it is at the moment x

I'm due my first fill a week today and just wondered how do you know if you need a fill? I eat 3 meals and feel full when I eat so much so I hardly ever finish what's on my plate but in between meals am starting to get hungry?

A typical meal for me is asda fish cake salmon and dill with carrots cauli and broccoli - hardly touching veg as trying to get protein down first and sometimes don't finish fish cake.

SAS1 said:
Lets know how you get on, mines in December just booked it now. Did they say you have to prepare for it in any way?
You are doing so well chick, what are you eating day to day, so I can get a good idea! X

I'm now eating protein bar for breakfast takes me forever as they are so chewy lol and milky coffee lunch time 6 Melba toast with Philly light cheese and about 10 - 15g of smoked salmon, muller light Greek yogurt. Another milky coffee later on in afternoon then for tea asda big fish cake with veg or cauli and broccoli cheese.

Not eaten bread or rice or pasta at all and having very little or no potato x

I really can't believe how little I am eating and feeling full its bizarre lol

How are you feeling today? You back home?

Paula x

I think the only prep for the fill is no food 4 hours before and no liquid an hour before - but will keep you updated x

Last edited:
Hi Paula

Thanks for that, yes I came home today, pretty sore around the op site, but wind pain wasn't so bad.
I've managed a tiny bowl of ready brek and half tin of chicken soup so far, my stomach gurgles a lot, is that normal? I've been told to eat liquidised food for the 1st 2 weeks then move onto soft foods. Apparently I have a standard size band, presume that's 10mls, with nothing in it yet. I had loads of questions to ask the prof when he came to see me this morning, and forgot all of them!!
Fishcake sounds gorgeous mmm can't wait to move onto the soft stage already...enjoy, you are doing so well!!! :)
Hope the fill goes ok, let me know xxx

SAS1 said:
Hi Paula

Thanks for that, yes I came home today, pretty sore around the op site, but wind pain wasn't so bad.
I've managed a tiny bowl of ready brek and half tin of chicken soup so far, my stomach gurgles a lot, is that normal? I've been told to eat liquidised food for the 1st 2 weeks then move onto soft foods. Apparently I have a standard size band, presume that's 10mls, with nothing in it yet. I had loads of questions to ask the prof when he came to see me this morning, and forgot all of them!!
Fishcake sounds gorgeous mmm can't wait to move onto the soft stage already...enjoy, you are doing so well!!! :)
Hope the fill goes ok, let me know xxx

Yep the gurgling is normal I'm still gurgling away lol nightmare in meetings at work lol

I've got 10ml and supposed to have 4ml in already. First week I found a chore to drink anything just wasn't interested think it was the thought of more soup lol

Just take it easy and take your drugs of a nighttime if you don't take them any other time - it helps with the sleep and get as many pillows behind you as you can stand to sleep with x

I'll be checking in to see how your getting on Hun x

Paula x

Thanks Paula, but worried over the gurgling :)

Off to get my para's & codiene, really need them now! Want to kick my hubby out of bed as need the whole bed, but feel mean lol!!
Might go sleep in the recliner chair downstairs as sitting up a bit better, as he's a duvet grabber too
:)

Good luck with your first fill Paula, looking forward to hearing how it goes :) you're doing so well, yay!

Sharon lol my husband is a duvet thief too, we found bliss in using two separate duvets!

I slept in the spare bed with 6 pillows the first couple of nights and found my husband and the two cats next to me when I woke up haha so I moved back to our own bed as its larger, no point squeezing in the smaller one!!

I gurgle a lot too and get wind pains after eating anything pretty much... How do you find broccoli etc Paula? It usually causes quite a bit of wind normally. Xx

Haven't really had a prob with broccoli and wind lol have had onions too

And as for the duvet I'm definitely the hog in our house lol

Slept quite well in the recliner chair last night, not feeling too bad today, just sore getting up and down out of chair. Been for a little walk, so pretty much ok! :)
Had a protein shake for breakfast, very runny but after a about half I suddenly felt sick and really heavy like stomach was a lead weight. I know it sounds a really stupid question but is this the new full feeling? Its the first time I've experienced it! :) it's great!!! Xxx

Back