• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SunnyJ band 25th October 2015

Sounds like that's going well Sunny. You'll be so glad when you get on to puree. So did you only get one week off?

Yep only one week off :-( bah ... But I'm just having an easy office week, no appointments booked until next week.

On good news though - ive had a bath OMG ive had a bath.... I don't think I've ever gone 10 days without a bath or shower before!

And.... I've taken the support stockings off and shaved my legs! 10 days of 24hr support stockings ... Very strange. In fact it was really strange walking with the stockings off... My fat legs were wobbling and I'd forgot what it felt like! Haha - although hopefully not for much longer!

Just seen a picture of others wounds (on another group) and I'm looking at mine like - wow there is a big difference. I'm so glad I had the procedure I had my wounds are genuinely tiny which must help with pain and healing.

The one under and in between my boobs has completely healed (previous picture)
I have one about the width of my little finger nail too.. Which is a small line at the mo. The other small one still has steri strips on it.

The main wound is my belly button and is not bad at all. Still got some stitches showing but otherwise it looks good to me. Although i have to use a mirror to actually see most of it. Going to put some lavender essential oil on it today to help with healing.

:)

I'm still so glad I did this, even whilst I'm still on liquids and not on normal food and I've no restriction from fills but I'm still glad I did this :) just thought I'd share x

I'm soooo hungry today I'm really really hungry I've had 1 tin lentil soup (watered down and blitzed) 1 X mushroom soup (from provider) 1/2 tin of prunes whizzed up with milk and half a tub of soya coconut yoghurt, 1 X shake from my provider and I'm still starving!!! Omg

I've git to stop weighing myself too... I'm not losing any weight but that's cos I'm acting :-(

I'm going to go my fitness pal it now

Dont worry about it hun....I did not lose for 3 days earlier this week, it is just because you are upping your food intake and probably dont have regular BM yet either.

Thanks Mrs b.

I actually had more soup after this, but counted it up on my fitness pal and was 1200 Cals - so not 2/3000 like it used to be on a day like yesterday!

I think I need to drink more water... You know how they say sometimes you crave food cos you're actually thirsty - I think it could be this. I've struggled to get cold stuff (water) down. I tried more yesterday and I'm going to try to increase my intake again,

This is going to sound strange but I think mushrooms are a trigger food for me - one that makes me want to binge ... I thought this before but after yesterday I definitely think they are hmm ... Something to ponder ...

Have a great day. :)

The good thing is that you now realise what might be a trigger food and what might cause your stalled weight loss. That is the first step in the right direction :) .

Water water water water water :D

The scars are tiny aren't they! I've seen some videos of scars from those having it done in the US and they seem an awful lot bigger! After 2 weeks mine are just a fine red line like a papercut.

I'm finding MyFitnessPal a godsend in terms of tracking my protein levels. I seem to be eating around 500-600 a day now with about 50g protein.

My fitness pal is great isn't it. Ive used it since Xmas (on and off).

I feel like I'm eating loads but actually o suppose I'm not doing too bad... I'm craving food though real food :-(

I know I need to deal with this.

I'm so tired ... I fell asleep on the sofa all afternoon today ... So tired. I've basically been in my pjs all day resting and sleeping on the sofa and eating! I've got massive bags under my eyes too.

So far today -

1 X porridge mix (from provider) watered down
4 X mugs of soup - I'm stuffed!!

1 X coffee 1 X cup of tea

Doesn't sound too much now but I'm so head hungry .... I'm not physically hungry just head hungry

Hope this feeling passes soon

I'm assuming I'm just exhausted after the op the. Work but I really am tired ...

This diary and forum is a godsend. I love reading other people's experiences, and picking and giving up tips and support and knowing I'm not the only one going through stuff.

X X

So morning everyone,

So today I'm not as tired ... Yet! Still woke early but that's habit because of work.

Feeling much better, 2 weeks tomorrow since op.

Pretty happy.

Lost weight, just under a stone since 6oct when I booked op.., but I ate like a pig and put weight on so was 16 3 when I started pre op. Now 15st :) happy about that.

Trying to practise the 20-20-20 rule or 50-20-30 rule.

I eat too quickly!! It's really bloody hard to try and slow it down! I tried it when I went to see Paul McKenna and it works but bloody hell its hard.... I eat like I'm in a race! Time to learn new habits!

And I drink when eating all the time..., that's going to be a change too.

Hope everyone has a fab day :)

So far today

1 X coffee

1 X porridge (watered down)

Why?Activity
Having a gastric band means that you will need to accept and work with change of different types:
Physical change, Emotional change, Relationship change, Social change & Behavioural change.

Step one - Acceptance:

Accept that change is not just about reduced size
Accept behavioural change includes food & eating behaviours.
Accept that change is hard work and ongoing
Step two - Recognise:

That change may be uncomfortable
That for many of us it is more comfortable to remain as we are, exerting no effort.
Changing size and shape is not always comfortable and may trigger difficult memories
At the start of every day, make yourself some promises, set yourself some goals:

I'm GOING TO change because.........
I AM worth it because.........
I WILL change to achieve.........
TODAY I am going to.........
TODAY when I achieve......... I will praise myself
I ACCEPT I may lapse & that's OK - I will use it as an opportunity to learn more about myself

I have an app from bioring about my band and I found this on it today ... To do everyday

I am going to change because ... It's healthier and I want to be around for my children for longer

I am worth it because ... I am

I will change to achieve .... Improved help and maybe an improved relationship (I live in hope that at 41 my love life is not over)!

Today I am going to ..... Get showered, dressed and pop into town to tick some stuff off my list (I think maybe this is supposed to be about food but hey this works for me).

Today when I achieve ... The above... I will praise myself

I accept I may lapse & that's ok, I will use it to learn more about myself

Just thought I'd share :)

Hey Sunny

Hope you're having a good day! That's a really good little mental exercise you've found and, yes, it is all about change. My surgeon was quite candid that he'd had patients who simply weren't willing to make any changes and once the 'honeymoon' period of the surgery doing a lot of work for them was over....they started gaining it back again.

The only way any of us will remain at a healthy weight the rest of our lives is to make a lot of food and activity changes.

As for your love life - nah it's not over at 41. I was 41 when I discovered my partner of 10 years was shagging everything that moved on Facebook and I booted him out. I was adamant that was it and I was done with men. About 6 months later my dog met another dog he liked when out walking and as dog owners do - me and the chap with the other dog sparked up conversation. We've now been together nearly 5 years.

Thanks Sundown :) there is hope then ;-)

I achieved my today goal ... Been to town and back now... So now to praise myself!! Maybe I should get a journal and writr these things down... Hmm :)

Last edited:
So purees today!!

Well so far so good but bloody hell Im very full!

I've had porridge then exante shepherds pie (I like it- strange I know but I do).

So purees today!!

Well so far so good but bloody hell Im very full!

I've had porridge then exante shepherds pie (I like it- strange I know but I do).

Welcome to pureeville! It really does fill you up the first few days. I also had the odd thing where one pack of Tesco Carrot and Swede mash lasted me 5 days!

I did find it harder initially to get the protein up in this stage though. My go tos for quick protein are:
- Upbeat protein drinks (available in most supermarkets)
- Light cheese triangles (melted into veg purée)
- Total 0% fat yogurt

Hi guys

Hope you doing ok... I've not checked in for a couple of days... been so busy!

Purees going well! Although eating less now.

Today though omg my tummy has been seriously gurgling really loudly .... Bit embarrassing whilst at work in appointments lol I had one lady trying to feed me lemon drizzle cake and my stomach was shouting!! Lol

;-)

Back