• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SunnyJ band 25th October 2015

ahhh yes that would be the lemon drizzle tummy LOL shouting from the depths lol FEED ME FEED ME :) those old gurgles are funny....like a plug hole, you'll get used to it x x

Haha Thanks crystal ... It's the first time it's happened today and it was so loud lol

Haha Thanks crystal ... It's the first time it's happened today and it was so loud lol

omg i remember when mine used to be so loud at uni it used to be soooo embarassing haha. good luck on your journey, sounds like youve had a good start. prof favretti did mine too! nearly three years ago now!

xx

Hi lulu thanks. I thought prof favretti was fab, he and dr segato were so kind and I felt in safe hand, before and after. Nice to meet another favretti bandit! :)

The gurgling was so loud honestly it was embarrassing!! I don't think it's ever been that loud before lol .... Does it get better or should I expect it to continue??

;-)

Same! It was over so quickly too! I don't have gurgling so much anymore, but they do come back a bit after a fill lol. I just got back on track yesterday... Put on a few pounds since moving in with my BF so I am sorting it out before Xmas! I was a bit of a grumpy bum yesterday but have already planned all my food and looking forward to it today! Hope you have a good morning :) xx

Thanks lulu you too :) X

I'm loving having puree yay ;-)

I've had my first fill spot changed to 28th Nov so I'll only have had one week of real food before back to soup ... I'm not sure about this yet? What does anyone else think? I don't know if it's a bit soon... Or not?

Oh and I know I shouldn't but had a sneaky look on the scales this morning and snuck into the 14's (only just) !

Omg ... I'm so glad I made this decision.

Need to get some vitamins though .... Hmm on my list to do !

;-)

My first fill is next week Friday, would be my last day of purree....so I suppose it is timed quite well lol. But I was also wondering if it is a bit soon....but the appointment came from the hospital and I suppose they know what they are doing.

The tummy noises are great aren't they. Mine seem to compete with my central heating system and generally win on the noise scale. It is time like this that I thank God that I work from home with nobody to hear it ha ha

I don't know Mrs b about appointment - I think my nurse said 5 weeks to me and it is 5 weeks for my date but I might just give them a call to check . It's a 5 hr round journey to the hospital so I'd be a bit put off if I went to be sent home without anything happening.

Happy today though - managed to eat a bit more yesterday so tummy quieter. :)

My wound is itchy though .... Argh so I'm trying to distract myself!! Lol I still have stitches sticking out too... But one fell of last night. It's bad though isn't it that I struggle to see in my belly button lol ... It's easier with a mirror ... Although got caught in the loos at work by a colleague inspecting my navel in the full length mirror... Lol luckily I dropped my shirt as she came in and just discussed how windswept my hair was due to the weather !! Awkward! Lol

Earlier this year I managed to loose 3 1/2 stone ...and got into a pair of next size 18 jeans I have in my cupboard that I love (my sister gave me them) .. I'd put a stone and half back on by the time I'd gone to have the op though.

I have the jeans on again.... Without them cutting me in half ... OMG this is great!!

I went this time last year to have my first consultation with HW and THG about wls. I was advised on the band and I wanted to go ahead - but couldn't get finance (it obviously wasn't the right time for me to have the op).

Then put another stone on so I was my heaviest ever by Christmas and soo depressed and ill. I decided to try exante after Christmas ... So when I went to my consultation this year I was a stone lighter than last year!

I'm soo glad I did this... I'm much calmer about stuff .. Strange isn't it that it should have that effect, but i am X

Hope everyone has a good day :) :)

Oo I've just worked out how to thank a post with the mobile app ... Little things eh?? ;-)

hey sunny! i remember the pain of the stitches being itchy! i had single incision and after two weeks i had a shower (ew lol) and then it got infected and i had to go to a walk in centre because my whole area around my belly button went bright red like i was actually getting a full on body infection. it was scary (and gross) lol. i dont miss those socks either!
How have you been finding it? I was quite chuffed yesterday because i thought i was 16.7 but i was only 16.5 which means i have only actually put on like 5lbs in a year which isnt too bad. Im going in hardcore now though. i woke up this morning feeling serioudly tired and headachey- need to drink more water!! do you calorie count? how many you on a day? I just started back on monday so i have started at 1750, im gonna reduce it to 1500 on monday next week. when i first started and lost that 8 stone i was on a 1000 a day! i have two and a half stone more to lose before i hit my target but the last couple are always the hardest.think ill have to get my big butt into some kind of exercise class!!

xxx

Hi lulu

Well done on not putting too much on :) and on your weight loss that's amazing :)

Ouch on the wound infection

I've had a look today and picked off all my stitches apart from one. I've been covering it with lavender essential oil to help it heal.. So hopefully it will be ok.

I'm having a hungry day today ... I'm starving!!

I have been trying to count calories under a certain amount using mfp but I get the occasional really hungry day like today.

Sounds like you're organised and ready to go! You can do it :)

Hope you have a fab day :)

Ohhh delighted for you with the jeans! Happy days :). Not too bad of a day for me so far, not too hungry. My weight loss has slowed right down this week, I think it is because of starting purree. Also leading up to that time of the month. Annoyed, but not too worried yet.

Did you manage to get vitamins sorted? I use the ones that HW recommend. They are quite big, but I think they are quite good.

I did think about the HW ones but they're a bit expensive tbh .. So I wasn't sure

The best vitamins are expensive! (Except the brands that spend money on expensive advertising)
You wouldn't expect a cheap car to look as good and be as reliable as an expensive car in 10 years time.
The same applies to your health!
I can't afford a jaguar but my health is priceless & im happy to spend £30+ a month keeping it that way. I'm easily saving that much by buying less food

Totally agree....Aye, I could go to to tesco and just get centrum or whatever, but the HW ones are especially designed for WLS, so thats what I went for x

I wish some of the consultants agreed to, they recommend rubbish sometimes! The hw ones are perfectly suited to wls patients & very well thought out.

I've been told to not even start vitamins until I have my 8 week post-op follow-up with the consultant. I'll be interested to see what they recommend.

I took a look at the HW ones for bypass patients and copied out the content list for their multi-vitamin and calcium and it looks to me like you could get the same range elsewhere for cheaper e.g:

Healthspan - 120 Iron Bisglycine £5.95
Healthspan - 180 Multivitality Gold (contains all 8 B vits + all the same minerals) - £8.95
Amazon - Calcium Citrate - 90 tablets - £7.50

Taking 2 of each a day (which seems to be what HW recommend) would come to less than £11.20 a month against the £33.99 HW are charging.

So personally I would copy out HW's content list accurately and shop around.

Back