• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

This is me.... This is the start of my journey

Does the excess get in the way of you doing anything or is it just an appearance issue? I'm sure I will definately get excess skin too but will I still be able to do the things that a slim person can such as running, crossing my legs, crouching down etc? also how effective are spanx in holding it all together? Sorry about the endless questions, im just so excited to start my old life back. Congratulations on your wedding by the way xxx

I wear what I call a swimming costume it's shape wear only from primark but currently only when I go out.

I've found it doesn't get in the way I manage to run, do spin classes weights ect fine. I'm also a nanny and find it doesn't get in the way of crossing my legs, kneeling ect ect.

Although don't underestimate how much the skin gets you down I really thought I'd be able to deal with so much so I didn't think I'd get my tummy done until after I'd had children but it's got to the point I need to have it done now it totally dictates what I wear ect

But St Anthony called me back today about my plastics so should have more details early next week!

I lost just under a stone in four weeks but it depends on how much you have to loose over all and we all loose at different rates. :)

I wear what I call a swimming costume it's shape wear only from primark but currently only when I go out.

I've found it doesn't get in the way I manage to run, do spin classes weights ect fine. I'm also a nanny and find it doesn't get in the way of crossing my legs, kneeling ect ect.

Although don't underestimate how much the skin gets you down I really thought I'd be able to deal with so much so I didn't think I'd get my tummy done until after I'd had children but it's got to the point I need to have it done now it totally dictates what I wear ect

But St Anthony called me back today about my plastics so should have more details early next week!
Hi Lauren. Can I just ask how did you manage to get it on the nhs? Was it a long process? Also what is the waiting time and will they only do tummy tuck if you've had your weightloss surgery there? X

Jay, I know the question was not asked of me but I was NHS. I went to my GP in May who sent of my referral was seen by a consultant in the August, started the sessions with the dietician end of August for six months. I had a meeting with the dietician after my six months discuss my options and they put me on the list for the MDT meeting. I then had a meeting with the consultants who put me on his waiting list of 18 weeks which is the standard NHS waiting time, but I got an appointment in 14 weeks and that was last October.. Hope that information helps my BMI was 54

Hi Lauren. Can I just ask how did you manage to get it on the nhs? Was it a long process? Also what is the waiting time and will they only do tummy tuck if you've had your weightloss surgery there? X

I saw my GP in the November 2013
I had my first appointment early February
Then I had two more appointments I went to mdt ( the meeting where they say yes or no) twice. Then on the second time got approved I got the yes in the June and had my surgery on the 9th August 2014.

The requirements for plastics on NHS are very very strict I'm funding my plastics privately

Ohhh ok, coz at the moment my loss is very slow. LSD

It will different for each person and that will depend on starting weight and your activity levels. I had complications post op which probably helped with the big losses as my connections were all swollen so could eat and drink very very little

I'm ready, not packed or anything. Frigging nervous, my mind is going nuts
What if it doesn't work for me?
What if I wake up and they have not done the surgery?
What if I have not lost enough?

Omg I'm going nuts lol

Sorry to say all normal behaviour and I would be worried if you were feeling anything other than that. I think there won't be a person here who had not had those feelings and at time still does. Just remember why your doing it and what your goal is. :)

Thanks ladies

I've got approx 24hrs then my new life begins. I got a toothache, wisdom tooth is starting to make an appearance. I hope this doesn't stop surgery.

Back