• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

TrendyWendy's Pre & Post Op Diary

Good on you, I need to join too, I'm already renaming myself Bingowings B, already.lol
Hope you recover from your injuries soon sounds painful x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Thanks oops you daisy ?

Dr wouldn't send me for X ray, nothing can do if cracked so no point being exposed to radiation so told take ibuprofen
It's not that bad, I just wanted know
I'm good though x

Hope you feel better soon :) Only take ibuprofen with food, preferably a spoonful of carbs, or porridge But check with your provider if you are worried x x x

Thanks, I'm not taking them, it's settled since early in week, if I press right under the boob or do a deep inhale its tender. I wanted to know was thinking of claiming against the facilities mgt company
I'll live
They're bad for the stomach aren't they. Had enough for knee ops , 3 cart ledge ops so try not to use. His I'm a crock , knees shoulder rib lol

weekly weigh in, lost 3 pounds so happy with that
3 stone 3 off now from start of pre op
Feeling good but get so tired by about 9pm, before I could sleep for five hrs or so and be fine, now I need a good 8 hrs!
Can still only manage a very small portion and have bought a portion sizer off ebay, it has a crescent for protein and circles for carbs and veggies/fruit
each circle is half or 1 cup
might stop me putting too much on and leaving it

great you are fast approaching the loss Trendy, 200lb barrier.
I agree about the sleep I need 8 hours now myself which is normal really, we were probably not getting enough sleep before.

I just noticed the happy face beside the not having diabetes, well done on that must have missed you posting that.

Thanks loop it was a huge relief
Think was 2 weeks ago got blood test results
Was a big yay x

Well I am feeling pretty good, I have been to asda living for a new pair of jeans after my daughter told me not to wear my others as they were all baggy and looked ridiculous. Only wanted a cheap pair and a new top to go on a night out next friday
Was well chuffed when size 16s glided on, no wiggling myself in puffing and panting to get them over the derriere, straight on, zipped up easy and looked good - not being big headed but they are black n did me a favour round the hips, I am hipy with a smaller waist and shape is returning. A gold sequin top and my other half treated me for doing well,
Also purchased a pair of skeechers shape ups so I can do my nightly walk without it hurting my knee. Have had cartledge ops 3 times and walking in my ordinary trainers gave me knee problems, I am great in summer in flip flops even when 3 stone heavier so thought these will do the job
I am rapidly collecting keep fit gadgets, exercise bike, kettle bell, new gym pants, gym membership and skeechers
Now lazy me needs to use em all
Having a new start from monday as I need not to lose muscle which will burn fat
Booked on the tone induction session.
Please feel free to tell me off if my laziness continues

Great being told you look silly because your jeans are to big, how good is that.
This clothes shopping lark is becoming a full time hobby.

Doing great Wendy, I had to get some new jeans a week ago as all my others were trying very hard to fall down!! It's a great feeling isn't it :D

I find it's easiest walking in proper walking boots, always found trainers give me shin splints and make my knees grumble, but might try the sketchers if they help. I've just bought a stepping machine so I'll get some exercise when it's raining, don't see the point in going out just to get soaked and haven't got room for a treadmill unfortunately which would have been my first choice, hubby's gone upstairs to build it so I'll hopefully get a go when Doctor Who's on later haha

It sure is a good feeling :happy036:

I've got a couple of pairs of the Sketchers and find they're really good for urban walking. I do still go for my more robust walking boots if I'm taking off across fields but the Sketchers are definitely good - I had an Achilles injury a few years back and sometimes it twinges badly but hasn't done at all with the Sketchers.

Well a very busy day today
Had a mega clear out and put a load of size 18s on eBay
Made a lamb curry toasted spices made curry paste & it smells lovely
Just need the other half to get in from work so can eat it!

weigh in day and big smiles as lost another 3 lbs so happy with that
I've lost 3 stone 6 lbs now and feeling much better
The clothes are selling on ebay and I bought 4 new tops for work, a couple of coast ones and M & S and 2 were £1 each, bargain eh? They came and I am really pleased, saved me a fortune in wardrobe replacement just for work
That is being a pain at the moment, my employee is still being difficult, atmosphere still frosty on days she is on, just glad it isnn't every day as my staff work shifts so I get some reprieve
For thos of you who have chatted with Cankster, who had op a couple of days before me, he is doing great, lost just over 3 and a half stone but he is working long hrs and not had chance to post
I am off out tonight for a meal and few drinks with a few from work, and seem to manage OK eating out
I've cooked loads this week, lamb curry smell has just faded, lamb casserole night after (as I got too much lamb) then chilli last night as I forgot to take fish out of freezer
I split salad dressing on my work trousers tues so tried on a pair of new ones which were too small and they fit so that was also good
Not had time to get to gym as been working 6am to 6pm most days as had very busy week but am def aiming to work 7 a day next week as I am 18 hrs up in 3 weeks and I prefer to work to live, not live to work
over and out xx

Well done Wendy - 3lbs off again is a good win!

Sounds like you have your meal planning well and truly sorted too :)

Thanks sundown
It's less like planning than just knowing what's allowed and not
There's some planning but I don't seem to do a weekly plan
Wish I was that super organised
I try n base every meal round protein and minimise carbs
It seems to be working
Also no hair coming out so bonus x

weekly weigh in and 2 lbs off. I am now 14 stone 12 so under the fifteen line which feels good and a NSV, I am lighter than my husband which is a little goal I set myself, he is a big muscly guy who eats cream cakes but exercises regularly, living to his little and often beliefs. So a big yay from me on that milestone
BMI is now 31.9 so chasing the below 30 line to be overweight.
Have a night out with my best friend and her husband tomorrow going for a meal and drinks, so plan to pace myself. I've been out before but not for a long night drinking. Can't see me lasting somehow, as I can only seem to manage 2 drinks then just don't want anymore
I shall update, but quite happy this morning, happy with slow and steady if it slows down a bit, as long as the numbers are going in the right direction
Happy friday everyone :coffee: time now x

Well done Wendy. 2 pounds lost for the week is great going! I know what you mean when you get out of the stone you're in to the next one below it feels like a real wind doesn't it!

Absolutely
Like the next chunk to get through
I'm getting to the halfway there point
A guy came in work yesterday and asked where the rest of me is
Felt fab
And best of all my size ten daughter who looks like me said she wants to go to gym more often or soon from behind, people won't know which is which
That was a compliment as she's a stunner

Back