• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yve's Diary.

Well done yve

I am post op sleever 6 months on I have lost 8st 4lbs

I average now about 2lb a week at 1st it was more.

I have good days and bad days but I still try and eat the protien 1st then my carbs.

My only down sides are the hair loss.

Keep positive and focused April is not far away now jan and feb have flown by so your surgery date will be here before you know it!

If you are still unsure of what to have just speak to your surgeon and team, on the morning of your op they will ask you again and talk you through before you go into surgery!

If you feel you would be better with the sleeve go with that.

Either way both in the long run are going to help change your life.

I think your diary will help others as they can see the ups and downs!

This is why this site is great and gives you all the support you need from others in the same boat as people like yourself give encouragement and blog the emotional side of the op cos it isn't a walk in the park and I think people who haven't gone through the process or struggled with their weight just think it is a quick fix solution and it's not it's still hard work with a positive outcome.

Anyway finished my novel lol

Good luck Yve happy losing x

Tc

Love

Jojo x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thank you so much for your post Jo :) I should have added it to my diary but I haven't - I ended up deciding on the bypass as it was the right thing for me. But I do appreciate the time you took to make such a thoughtful post.

Hi Yve,

Finally found your diary!

We are quite similar aren't we!

In August 2009 my heaviest was 31st 3lb and I got motivated enough to do the cambridge diet which I did for 2months and lost 2st. I then went to WW with my sister as she was 10.5st and wanted to loose 2st after the birth of her daughter as she's always been 8-9st.
As she finished pretty quick I then stopped going and in the May (2010) asked my gp about the surgery and got invited to L&D in November 2010 and as you know I did the milk diet at L&D last march and here we are again this march doing the same thing. When I started the milk diet this time round I was 29st 3lbs and need to get down to 27st 8lb for my 5%.
I liked it that you lost 13lbs in your first week and me 12lbs in my first week. Nice to see someone with similarities. And your having your op on my birthday which is when I hope around that day is when I will meet my surgeon!

All the best! x

Well done for loosing 12 lbs in the first week! Good luck for meeting your goal - it surprised me when I did but was thrilled

Well dun hun ur doin great up op date will soon be here x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks hun. It feels close enough right now - am feeling a bit stressed right now with lots going on behind the scenes

Small nsv!
For the first time since she was about 5, I have just carried my (now 9 years old) daughter up the stairs! And I was only very slightly puffed!

Yvessa said:
Small nsv!
For the first time since she was about 5, I have just carried my (now 9 years old) daughter up the stairs! And I was only very slightly puffed!

Well done Yve! It's those small achievements that matter the most :D

she is not very well today bless her so she was thrilled! She is loving that I'm easier to hang onto for a hug!

Yvessa said:
she is not very well today bless her so she was thrilled! She is loving that I'm easier to hang onto for a hug!

Aaww that's sweet :)

Thanks hun :) As you saw on my other thread, feeling really sleepy. Don't remember feeling this tired last time. But bf suggested that its because I was eating a lot more crap before today. Seriously - I was eat so much I got fed up of eating!

Yvessa said:
Thanks hun :) As you saw on my other thread, feeling really sleepy. Don't remember feeling this tired last time. But bf suggested that its because I was eating a lot more crap before today. Seriously - I was eat so much I got fed up of eating!

That would be it. You are withdrawing off everything lol

Probably! Am feeling so much better today! And cleaning lol. I always clean more when I go into ketosis.

Pre op tomorrow! Starting to feel like its not very long away now. 13 days...

my uncle just called to say he hopes it all goes well tomorrow. Now I feel nervous about tomorrow!

pre-op okay so far. Never hungry, given the amount of milk landD offer. Was very bored at pre-op but happier now I've got things to do. Trying to think of a way to tell lifelong friend about my surgery without having her go into labour. Hmm...

woohoo good luck Yve :)i'm sure your friend will be fine :) xxx

Thanks hun. Sure she will be but we don't talk often - when we do we just pick up from where we were, but its a bit of a bombshell to edge in nicely. Hard to sorta say, oops, by the way, I'm having a RNY in 13 days. When's bump due?

Back