• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yve's Diary.

Am now on last day of the four week milk diet, weigh in with dietician tomorrow. Have had a bit of a panic at the end of week 3 where I hadn't lost any weight, but realised I probably wasn't drinking enough.

A step away from pounds however, I already have less knee pain, feel sexier in leggings and have put my boots on for the first time in a year without contorting myself in interesting ways!

I was feeling very negative for a while about timescale and how long this all feels like its taking; I guess I thought once I had the funding it wouldn't be long at all and seeing it drag into months makes me angry and frustrated.

However, having almost gotten to the end of the milk diet I am feeling a bit more chilled about this. I think because I feel better in myself already, I figure it can wait until I get there; I'm still completely determined to go through with it, but am happy to keep losing weight any way I can, regardless of how slow it goes. Certainly better than going up!

I agree PG, although I can't imagine anything will change my mind.

I was getting so tired and feeling achy and miserable all the time, even a small loss is making such a difference that the bypass seems like a must.

Am really really super happy now! I lost a total of 7% in the end, (29 lbs!) on the milk diet! I did it for three and a half weeks in total and my food today has tasted amazing!

Have got my appt with the surgeon on the 6th of December and am on the refeed! Yay me :)

Am really really super happy now! I lost a total of 7% in the end, (29 lbs!) on the milk diet! I did it for three and a half weeks in total and my food today has tasted amazing!

Have got my appt with the surgeon on the 6th of December and am on the refeed! Yay me :)
yay well done yve :) xxx

Well done you:553:
Who is going to be your surgeon, I'm meeting Mr Barecca 31st Oct for the first time.

My surgeon is Mr Whitelaw.

I feel like suddenly its all speeding up..the nurse said that from the point when you see your surgeon its between 4-6 weeks! I could be having my op in January...

Yvessa said:
My surgeon is Mr Whitelaw.

I feel like suddenly its all speeding up..the nurse said that from the point when you see your surgeon its between 4-6 weeks! I could be having my op in January...

FAB NEWS. I only had 3 weeks which wasnt enough time really lol

Have appointment with surgeon and anaesthetist on the 6th and I am v. worried. Also have flu so that's not helping me any - spent yesterday grazing on raisins and nuts almost no proper meals.

My scales are broken as in one leg has gone down. I have used them despite that and the numbers are still going down but I don't know whether I can trust it. So have decided to cut the carbs completely until Tuesday.

I am so worried about putting even a pound on - I don't want to slow this journey for any reason. Equally feel I am being really selfish as I have had no hiccups and been racing through the process compared to many people here.

Anyone else felt like this?

Yvessa said:
Have appointment with surgeon and anaesthetist on the 6th and I am v. worried. Also have flu so that's not helping me any - spent yesterday grazing on raisins and nuts almost no proper meals.

My scales are broken as in one leg has gone down. I have used them despite that and the numbers are still going down but I don't know whether I can trust it. So have decided to cut the carbs completely until Tuesday.

I am so worried about putting even a pound on - I don't want to slow this journey for any reason. Equally feel I am being really selfish as I have had no hiccups and been racing through the process compared to many people here.

Anyone else felt like this?

In no way are you being selfish!!! Celebrate that fact that it had been relatively simple. I can also see with wanting to keep it that way!!!

Good luck with the 6th!! :D

Got a date post (Ridiculously long)

I've posted this elsewhere but as I've got a few minutes, I figured I'd update on my diary as well. So had an appointment with the surgeon on the 6th December - now have date (16th April 2011) Was gutted at first because I'd been given the impression that it would be 4-6 weeks not 4 months. I got my head around that and in a lot of ways it will be a much better time for me as I will have 6 weeks off after op, plus reduced hours at work for the 6 weeks after that and also 6 weeks summer hols after! So I am expecting to be able to really focus on myself and make the most of the honeymoon period.

At the actual appointment I saw Mr Warsi and I was a little confused as I was expecting to see Mr Whitelaw who was supposed to be my surgeon. I didn't say anything at first but Mr Warsi made me feel really uncomfortable - he was super disorganised and very rude; he only looked at me 15 minutes into the appt and then it was to ask me to lift my shirt so he could check for hernias! My other half was glowering at him by this point. Mr Warsi went through the surgery - he showed me a picture and told me 'we will chop here and here':eek: By this point I was just in shock at his manner and way of speaking to me. I asked if he was going to do my surgery and he smirked:eek: He told me that he did half and Mr Whitelaw did half and that the other surgeon would hold the camera! He gave me the date and because a nurse had said 4-6 weeks I queried this. He said no it was the earliest appt and went out to speak to Mr Whitelaw to check. Came back and went through consent forms. Got me to sign it and then added something afterwards saying, well you don't mind do you? What was I supposed to say to that?? Yes I do mind, even though that means I won't get the surgery??

Anyway, came out of that appt and went to the waiting room to see the anesthesiologist. I was pretty upset by this point and I spoke to the receptionist on the off chance that I might still get to see Mr Whitelaw but I wasn't filled with hope. The receptionist was so helpful she said normally you saw one or the other and asked if there was a reason why I wanted to see Mr Whitelaw as well. At this point his nurse happened to walk in so I explained what had happened and that I was really unhappy and so after my appt with the anesthesiologist (who was lovely and answered most of the questions I had wanted to ask the surgeon) I saw Mr Whitelaw who reassured me that Mr Warsi would have left the hospital before my surgery and that the new fellow that was coming would be too new to do anything so Mr whitelaw would do my whole surgery most likely.

Imagine my relief! Anyway have come to terms with new date, happy with surgeon, just worried about not putting on the weight before my 4 months are up.

Yve (shutting up now)

Am feeling really good about myself today; have been eating all the right things, haven't had (or wanted) a takeaway since September, back to healthy after Christmas and done 30 mins exercise for the first time in a year!

I cannot begin to say how lucky I feel right now, as despite having a BMI of over 60 I am still able to exercise and do lots of things; I've read many people's posts who find it difficult to physical things at a much lower BMI than me.

Scales are being nice to me this morning and am feeling really positive right now.

Have had a very rough couple of days as my partner collapsed and was taken to hospital and have (somehow) managed to stay on track. Despite this I am convinced that I am gaining weight. He is at home now and I am feeling a little better.Have been having huge doubts about whether bypass is right for me and whether I should go for the sleeve instead.

Have been reading medical journals, spoke to my GP earlier and have agreed to read a bit more and then we can discuss it in my appt next week. Am a little confused by what I have been reading as it conflicts with what hospital has said. According to studies sleevers may lose faster than bypassers initially and in most cases it evens out around the two year mark. In some cases a LSG is converted to an RNY for further weight loss. My head is going round in circles at the moment so just needed to get it all off my chest.

Really hope to OH recovers well chick. Well done for staying on track! Xxx

My friend lost 9 stone from end of August until December with a sleeve. It has now slowed a lot. She still has a way to go. Her surgeon told her he will do a revision to a bypass if she does not lose a certain percentage with the sleeve.

I was considering a sleeve. My surgeon told me they don't do them. I have researched and found people on here who have had sleeves there. Confusing!!!

Thanks Hun. I think I am seeing lots of stories with malabsorption issues and deficiencies 5-10 years out. Plus the high percentage of regain 30%. Around 10% did all the right things and still regained. I am wondering if I'm just swapping obesity for something a lot worse down the line.

Yvessa said:
Thanks Hun. I think I am seeing lots of stories with malabsorption issues and deficiencies 5-10 years out. Plus the high percentage of regain 30%. Around 10% did all the right things and still regained. I am wondering if I'm just swapping obesity for something a lot worse down the line.

That has been my worry and somebody else had a thread about it. I don't want to swap being a relatively healthy fatty to being a slim ill person. Good chance it won't happen. But there is a risk. Hoped my hospital offered sleeves. Just so I could have really looked into it as a viable option.

26 13!!! I have really been struggling with dropping into the 26's and have been self sabotaging like there's no tomorrow! But have done it! And have lost 34 inches all over my body!

Back