• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins...Kirsty's journey to a sleeve!!

That's interesting because I'd been on omperazole for a very long time pre surgery. I've been told to take lansaprozol for 3 months post surgery and then stop to see if I still need it. I've read about people with severe reflux being told to have the bypass instead if they have that problem but it was never mentioned to me. Still I take so many other meds for life that if I do need to stay on lansaprozol it's no biggie.

@xk1rstyx I think everyone gets told a different regime for post op meds. I asked because I saw other people being put on calcium, iron etc automatically and my team said they prefer to just say multi vitamins for life and then prescribe anything else as required following blood tests. How are you feeling in yourself? I think I'm going to be on senna and ducolax forever!
I don't take lanzoprazole. Just multi bits and iron x

6 WEEKS POST OP!!

Well i weighed myself this morning as usual an i almost fell off the scales. I am delighted to say iv lost 8lb this week. I was shocked i was expecting about 4/5 as iv been very active this week. Lots of walking and gardening and sweating haha. Iv been drinking so much water as well cuz of the hot weather. I cant believe iv had such a great loss. Iv lost 3st 10lb in 9 weeks. Thats almost 4 stone. I never imagined i would do so well an i was so scared that id b the one person it didnt work for or i wouldnt b able to lose much weight. Im so pleased an proud of my progress. An thanks to all who support me its a massive help.

Kirsty xx

I think we all have the fear we will be the one it doesn't work for at some point or another, I know I did.
Well done you! That's an amazing loss this week and it sounds like you're working really hard for it too. Keep going :)

amazing, well done! :winner:

Bravo! Very well done to you :0clapper:

What an amazing loss Kirsty, Well Done! :0clapper:

Thanks everyone. Im struggling this week. I havent been to the toilet for 2 weeks now. I took the dulcolax 2 tablets 4 nights in a row an they did nothin iv now switched to movicol an still nothing. I peeped at scaled today an im the same as last week. Startin to feel uncomfortable now. Next step is suppoaitries tomorrow sorry tmi lol. I will weigh an update wednesday as normal. Im almost 7 weeks post of an i find i can eat most sort foods as long as i chew well. I had chicken friday an it was ok. First time id had meat. Jus takin it slowly i find a few things i can tolerate an enjoy an usually stick with those for a few days or a week then try somethin new. I have no regrets at all i love my new body an my new fitness. Too thw kids indoor trampolining today an i had a little bounce. Didnt feel fat or stupid which was gd. Im sore now tho from my arthritis but was worth it as kids loved it. I never would of dremes of doin somethin like that an i even took them by myself usually the hubby would do it an id stay at home or sit in the cafe an watch. I feel like iv got a new found freedom. We have been goin out alot recently to pubs as the weather has been nice. I have cranberry juice with ice and water. Im curioua what alcohol we cud drink after the 12 months. Would it need to b like wine an shorts. Non sparkling stuff. Im a big fan of lager but i dont think id b able to have that as its fizzy. Is the np fill rule an foamies for life? Im not planning on drinking in the next 12 months an when i can drink i plan to keep it to special occasions. Iv now becomw the taxi driver lol. Jus curious of what people have tried an if anyone has any problems or sleeve related side effects from alcohol.

Kirsty xx

Sorry to read your bunged up its horrible I had it very early on post op and I never want to go thru that again!
I do have a can of pre mixed gin and tonic from asda just enough for me don't drink fizz now was a proper Pepsi addict now not passed my lips in over 2years!
I know it's empty calories but I may have a can a night and practice my healthy eating during the day if it was to make me I'll then sadly I would give it up I'm not a big wine fan or larger fan now Adays again due to volume and fizz

Sorry about the bunged up bum, I feel your pain. Have you checked with the GP because I know you can take quite a few movicol a day if needed. I hope you get some relief very soon x
We were told in group to work on the basis we wouldn't drink again and I am happier alcohol free but I guess if you fancy something it'll be trial and error as with food :) I've read some stuff recently about how people get drunk a lot quicker after WLS so cheap nights out from here on out :p

I was also told for your first drink ...
Have it at home to see what happens rather than being out and getting sick or dumping xx

Good advice everyone

• 7 weeks post op, weekly weigh in as normal an iv gained 1lb. Not very happy but its been over 2 weeks since iv been toilet. Iv done dulcolax, movicol, suppositries and senokot an nothin. I have my follow up manor today so i will ask for some advice. Will update agen later let u know how i get on at the hospital.
Kirsty xx

Los isnt the gin an tonic in a can fizzy? Xx

Hello Kirsty - waving and sending a Brummie hug!

As a sleever my bunged up 'joys' early days were resolved by a mixed approach! Military engineering!!!! Upping the fluids. Poop needs moisture to makes its journey! Coffee works as a laxative for me - so 2 ducolax at night. 2-3 coffees next morning usually did it. If not, then a glass of orange juice with bits was my final attack and then I chained myself to the bathroom for the inevitable result! Ewwwww. 2 weeks is a long time and its sensible to get some advice now sweetheart.

Alcohol. Hmmm. I tried my first mouthful on my birthday last year. Tasted vile. It was my favourite wine. But OMG it was horrid on my palate. One mouthful and ewww. Now I've encore orated it back into my life. I never drunk much and I still don't. I have a small glass of wine. I have had gin with cranberry, vodka and cranberry, port (I am an old lady remember) and pimms with still lemonade. I tried baileys at Christmas but was a sick as a dog and felt so ill - I'd only splashed some in a coffee and it was instant horror!

My advise would be to see how you feel when the time comes. Try little things at home as I do seem to feel drunk after 1/2 drinks so wouldn't want to go mad at all. I had the surgery to feel normal and in my world the odd alcoholic drink I can accommodate in my calories and in my behaviours. I know some find it hard to not find it as a new addiction but you will know yourself best and as you've made excellent choices so far, I predict that good sense will continue.

Don't worry about the 1lb. It will be waste products! I stalled and lost right from 6 weeks out. Nothing was consistent. We all get there on a slightly different path don't we?

Have fun at the Manor today!!!

Sorry, im of no help....as still waiting for my date to come through.
But i wish you a speedy recovery ...in the loo department. I suffer IBS-C ...and it can be awful....not as bad as you've got mind. Get well soon.
Toni :waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle::rainbow:

Back