• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Debs ramblings about her NHS sleeve...

Great results for and your daughter, I'm being sleeved today and also really looking forward to being under 100kg and my boobs being first through the door ;)

Good luck Nicci - hope you're feeling ok now xxx

Getting better slowly, I'm doing everything I was told and being careful, I don't want anything Togo wrong!

Well on Wednesday its 12 weeks. Where has the time gone?

I am generally really well. I get the odd episode of foamies - but it's either too fast, too much, not chewed enough or water too soon which causes it. So all self inflicted. It happens less and less.

I actually ate and did not purge on chicken yesterday. Have tried a dozen or so times and been sick. Yesterday no issue. Just shows it's worth persevering I guess.

My hair is still falling off. Have had 4-6 inches chopped of to try and mask it a bit.

Wounds are perfect.

Taking tablets is not a problem and my loo habits are healthy and predictable.

I am a size 18 in most trousers now. Which has blown my mind! Top is not so consistent. Can be an 18/20.

I need new underwear. My pants are literally falling off. Not a good look on a saggy bottomed 48 year old! Bras need resolving. I spent hours with a M&S fitter and got no where. Indeed it was quite upsetting. Oh well, will try again.

Haven't had any blood tests or anything yet so looking forward to my first follow up which is on Wednesday - 12 weeks post op. I am currently 15 stone 5 so my loss is moderate but it's a loss!

Hope everyone is well . XxX

Well on Wednesday its 12 weeks. Where has the time gone?

I am generally really well. I get the odd episode of foamies - but it's either too fast, too much, not chewed enough or water too soon which causes it. So all self inflicted. It happens less and less.

I actually ate and did not purge on chicken yesterday. Have tried a dozen or so times and been sick. Yesterday no issue. Just shows it's worth persevering I guess.

My hair is still falling off. Have had 4-6 inches chopped of to try and mask it a bit.

Wounds are perfect.

Taking tablets is not a problem and my loo habits are healthy and predictable.

I am a size 18 in most trousers now. Which has blown my mind! Top is not so consistent. Can be an 18/20.

I need new underwear. My pants are literally falling off. Not a good look on a saggy bottomed 48 year old! Bras need resolving. I spent hours with a M&S fitter and got no where. Indeed it was quite upsetting. Oh well, will try again.

Haven't had any blood tests or anything yet so looking forward to my first follow up which is on Wednesday - 12 weeks post op. I am currently 15 stone 5 so my loss is moderate but it's a loss!

Hope everyone is well . XxX

Hey Op-bud, was just thinking of you and up you pop. :)

Sounds like you are doing well hun. Great stuff on the 18's :D.

Re bra fitting, don't bother with M&S if you can get to your local Debenhams and or Bravissimo. Much better fitting all round and they will find you a bra that fits pefectly. I will admit to getting the size done then walking out and buying the size, brand that fitted the best via ebay :eek:. Small guilt feelings there but I went back once my size had settled and treated myself.
I think the ebay seller I use is called Belle Lingerie ..mostly Fauve or Fantasie that are basic but fit wondefully. Esme' is my current favourite design, its plain but does the job.

One of my jobs for today is clearing out my bra and knicker drawer. It is overflowing with stuff I wont wear again. Two bras and a multi pack each of black and white shorts will do me as I drop weight. Will seriously treat myself once I am down to goal. :D.

Neat that your follow up is exactly 12 weeks, hope all goes well as I am sure it will. Scary how the time has flown though isn't it ? One of the downsides of having to self fund is there isnt follow up except with your GP.

How is your tiredness?

Anyhoo lovely to see you posting hun.

Big big hug x

Hi debs hope your well. I jus wanted to ask at what stage did you get your first date for surgery and how much notice you got. I know your first one was cancelled cuz mrsa but was jus wondering how the whole process went. I had my first appointment Friday iv got to go to a seminar and to see psychiatrist then it's all go but said won't see psychiatrist till after Xmas as they busy.

Kirsty xx

Little update iv got to see Mr kendrick 20th November so sooner than I thought. Still need to have group seminar and then actually see the surgeon to consent to procedure can u shed any light on time xx

Hi debs hope your well. I jus wanted to ask at what stage did you get your first date for surgery and how much notice you got. I know your first one was cancelled cuz mrsa but was jus wondering how the whole process went. I had my first appointment Friday iv got to go to a seminar and to see psychiatrist then it's all go but said won't see psychiatrist till after Xmas as they busy. Kirsty xx

Hello Kirsty - so pleased to read things are progressing so well

I had my pre op some time end of March as I recall. My original surgery was due for May 20th - I was given my date on or about Thursday 23rd April. So I had about a week before LRD

My Pre op was listed quickly after seeing the lovely Dr Kendrick ?

Good luck honey xx

Hello Kirsty - so pleased to read things are progressing so well

I had my pre op some time end of March as I recall. My original surgery was due for May 20th - I was given my date on or about Thursday 23rd April. So I had about a week before LRD

My Pre op was listed quickly after seeing the lovely Dr Kendrick ?

Good luck honey xx

Hi debs thanks got reply. I haven't actually seen a surgeon yet at what stage did you see one. I'm going to ask to see one in November when I see Mr kendrick. I'm nervous about seeing him what kind of things does he talk about with you.

How are you getting on with the sleeve, have you lost much weight and do you have any regrets?

Kirsty xx

Hi debs thanks got reply. I haven't actually seen a surgeon yet at what stage did you see one. I'm going to ask to see one in November when I see Mr kendrick. I'm nervous about seeing him what kind of things does he talk about with you. How are you getting on with the sleeve, have you lost much weight and do you have any regrets? Kirsty xx
Mr Kendrick wants to know if you have realised how it will change your life. Good and bad. He wants to make sure you know binge eating, comfort eating, over eating etc is all possible but will mean you fail. He is lovely. I saw surgeon 4-5 weeks after Mr Kendrick. I only saw him once at Walsall as I had seen him for 2 years before hand in tier 3.

I am now 14 stone 11 from 18 stone 13 at the beginning. I am happy with how it has gone. I don't regret the surgery as their are no surprises as I was well prepared. But the things I thought would be tough are very tough. But being super obese was also very tough. Ive not had any real complications and I was well within a few days. We are all different i guess. Good Luck. X

Mr Kendrick wants to know if you have realised how it will change your life. Good and bad. He wants to make sure you know binge eating, comfort eating, over eating etc is all possible but will mean you fail. He is lovely. I saw surgeon 4-5 weeks after Mr Kendrick. I only saw him once at Walsall as I had seen him for 2 years before hand in tier 3. I am now 14 stone 11 from 18 stone 13 at the beginning. I am happy with how it has gone. I don't regret the surgery as their are no surprises as I was well prepared. But the things I thought would be tough are very tough. But being super obese was also very tough. Ive not had any real complications and I was well within a few days. We are all different i guess. Good Luck.

Hi, I had my sleeve on 16th July this year. I had a few complications over the first few weeks but defiantly not regretting the surgery. I also saw Mr Kenderick he knows his job, he just needs to know that you are ready for surgery and that you will be able to cope after surgery. Having lost nearly 3 stone I'm happy .

Mr Kendrick wants to know if you have realised how it will change your life. Good and bad. He wants to make sure you know binge eating, comfort eating, over eating etc is all possible but will mean you fail. He is lovely. I saw surgeon 4-5 weeks after Mr Kendrick. I only saw him once at Walsall as I had seen him for 2 years before hand in tier 3. I am now 14 stone 11 from 18 stone 13 at the beginning. I am happy with how it has gone. I don't regret the surgery as their are no surprises as I was well prepared. But the things I thought would be tough are very tough. But being super obese was also very tough. Ive not had any real complications and I was well within a few days. We are all different i guess. Good Luck.

Hi, I had my sleeve on 16th July this year. I had a few complications over the first few weeks but defiantly not regretting the surgery. I also saw Mr Kenderick he knows his job, he just needs to know that you are ready for surgery and that you will be able to cope after surgery. Having lost nearly 3 stone I'm happy .

Hello
Thanks for taking time to reply that's very useful info. I would say I'm prepared for life after surgery as well as I can be and I hope Mr kendrick agrees. How long after you saw the surgeon was your operation. What surgeon did you see and what was the appointment like. Thanks

Kirsty xx

Well this week is now 17 weeks since I had my sleeve on the NHS at Walsall
manor.

I have been lucky to have no major complications, and was up and about with 2-3 days and driving after 6 and working at 11. So that's good.

My weight loss has been moderate but it's mounting up! I lost 20lbs on the pre op diet or so and 39lbs since. I've another 3.5 stones to go to have a BMI of 25.

I lost 55% of my excess weight. They told me my sleeve would help me lose 60-70% in total. Scary that it might stop then I guess!

I've had one follow up from the hospital. They did blood tests but I've not had the results as yet.

I finally managed to eat chicken this week and not be sick! That's the first time after at least a dozen attempts which all resulted in vomiting. Just shows me I have to keep trying things.

Hope everyone is well x

Well done deb thats brilliant. Had my group session today at manor went well. Just waiting to see mr kendrick in november now. Keep up the good work xx

Hiya sorry to burst on here but I'm completely new to this, I have my first appointment with dr Khan next week and I was wondering what the tiers were and how the process usually goes at Walsall

Hiya sorry to burst on here but I'm completely new to this, I have my first appointment with dr Khan next week and I was wondering what the tiers were and how the process usually goes at Walsall

Have you done tier 3 or been sent straight to the hospital? Have u been to see anyone at manor yet or will this be your firsr time?

Kirsty xx

I'm not sure I've done weightmanagement n dietician through my doctor then I've been referred

My diary at the start talks of the Walsall process and the times and who does what.

Tiers are used in the NICE guidance which advisors clinical commissioning groups on how to offer wls. Not everywhere follows tiers.

All my appointments said they were with Mr Khan. Never met him at all. He did my surgery but didn't see him before my op, on op day or since.

I live in Wrocester Health Authority. Had my tier three for 2 years at Birmingham Healthier Weigh clinic in Brum and surgery at Walsall.

The tier 3 team referred me tk Walsall at the end of 2 years of monthly appointments with them. Was referred in summer of 2014. Surgery was June 2915.

BMI of over 50 is quicker in NICE guidance as they only recommend 6 months of weight management in tier 3. Tier 3 can be done at the hospital or external.

This may help explain

Good luck.

Attachments

• image-298540544.jpg
    image-298540544.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 26
My diary at the start talks of the Walsall process and the times and who does what.

Tiers are used in the NICE guidance which advisors clinical commissioning groups on how to offer wls. Not everywhere follows tiers.

All my appointments said they were with Mr Khan. Never met him at all. He did my surgery but didn't see him before my op, on op day or since.

I live in Wrocester Health Authority. Had my tier three for 2 years at Birmingham Healthier Weigh clinic in Brum and surgery at Walsall.

The tier 3 team referred me tk Walsall at the end of 2 years of monthly appointments with them. Was referred in summer of 2014. Surgery was June 2915.

BMI of over 50 is quicker in NICE guidance as they only recommend 6 months of weight management in tier 3. Tier 3 can be done at the hospital or external.

This may help explain

Good luck.

Great answers deb and very informative. You have been a great help to me on my journey and im sure i will continue to come to you for advice. Iv read your diary several times lol.

Kirsty xx

Back